[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated and obscured by corporatism or overrated by fan boys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Tesla.jpg (26KB, 435x535px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla.jpg
26KB, 435x535px
Underrated and obscured by corporatism or overrated by fan boys?
>>
What is up with teslas death ray? That shit is cool, i wish it was real.
>>
>>7792035
>obscured by corporatism
He's not obscure though. There's an SI unit named for him and he's huge in popular culture. He didn't get rich and famous like Edison, but there's only a handful of scientists and engineers who get that kind of success.

There's also over-inflation of his accomplishments. He did not invent DC power. DC power grids existed before he was even born.
>>
>>7792051
Do you think he was smarter than Edison?
>>
>>7792051
He was never supposedly the progenitor of DC

Tesla and Westinghouse did create AC though.
>>
>>7792059
That's comparing apples to oranges. Edison was a really good businessman with a talent for finding the right people to work for him. Tesla was a genius in a particular area of science, but extremely eccentric and not particularly good at life outside that.
>>
>Edison and GE get snubbed for the 1893 world's fair lighting and power contract

>Goes to Tesla and Westinghouse

>Edison butthurt, demands they not use his bulbs

>Tesla gave no shits and created a better bulb in less than two months, one of which still burns today

I'd say he was a genius
>>
>>7792035
Both.
>>
>>7792035
Nikola Tesla was a pioneer of the AC age. Many inventions we use today he laid the groundwork for. For whatever reason, big money/big corporations do not appreciate him. Don't know exactly why but it is true.
>>
My curcuits prof gets the biggest hard on whenever he starts talking about Tesla. Makes me think he's one of you autists on here. It wouldn't surprise me, he's quite young.
>>
Tesla was an imbecile standing on the shoulder of midgets.
>>
>>7792211
I had an internship with an physics professor and he called him an engineering genius but didn't know physics to the point where it hindered him with some of his inventions.
>>
>>7792035
Underrated and obscured by corporatism AND THEN overrated by fan boys?
>>
>>7792035
Nicolas "el Eléctrico" Tesla was a good mexican inventor.
>>
>>7792043
Edison scooped him on some patent without really explaining the invention, so Tesla submitted patents for completely bullshit inventions to protest a broken-by-design intellectual property system.

It's not that he was some sort of messianic genius who actually found universal free energy that threatened to overthrow "greedy power companies" as fanboys claim or that he was a deranged lunatic who believed he had done it, as reasonable people familiar with spirit "science" and his ilk tend to assume.

>>7792035
>Underrated and obscured by corporatism or overrated by fan boys?
Yes.
I mean, absolutely everyone in industry R+D is "underrated and obscured by corporatism." It's precisely what you sign on for.
>>
I don't know why I'm doing this, since a thread that starts with a Tesla pic is on the same level as one that starts with Pepe, but here we are.

>>7792064
>Tesla and Westinghouse did create AC though.
AC was in use decades before Tesla was born. The AC versus DC "war" was even going on in the 1850s

>That's comparing apples to oranges. Edison was a really good businessman with a talent for finding the right people to work for him.
Edison was an inventor before he even had a lab. You're parroting a "compromise" line that popped up after the Oatmeal comic.

>>7792585
>Edison scooped him on some patent without really explaining the invention, so Tesla submitted patents for completely bullshit inventions to protest a broken-by-design intellectual property system.
Complete ass-pull.
>>
>>7792616
>Complete ass-pull.
You caught me
>>
>>7792035
Tesla is overrated and Edison is hated precisely because of everyone saying Tesla is underrated and Edison gets praised by everyone for stealing somone's ideas.
>>
>>7792035
>Underrated and obscured by corporatism or overrated by fan boys?

Yes
>>
>>7792079
All I got from that is "he had no fucking loyalty".
>>
>>7793270
>Edison gets praised by everyone for stealing somone's ideas.

Survival of the fittest

>Tesla didn't give a shit
>Westinghouse did
>>
>>7793276
I worded my post poorly. It should read:

Tesla is overrated and Edison is hated precisely because of everyone saying "Tesla is underrated and Edison gets praised by everyone for stealing somone's ideas."
>>
>>7792035
>or
>>
>>7793278

>The ghost of Humphry Davy also doesn't give a shit.

I must admit your second post is worded far better anon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.