[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fucking focus on science and learning when video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1441330787043.jpg (98KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
1441330787043.jpg
98KB, 600x891px
How do I fucking focus on science and learning when video games and 4chan exist

Why do emotions overpower logic and reason
>>
Have to fight your animal brain and instincts. Literally fighting yourself. It's tough when the source of all free knowledge is also the source of all distractions, so you could just buy books and get rid of your internet capabilities and computer for the time being.
>>
http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/03/procrastination-matrix.html
>>
>>7789317
Change your diet. That will help.
>>
I chip at it.

So I just did about an hour of calc 2 homework. Its been about 20min. But ive done three hours of it and taken about 5 30min breaks.

5.5 hours and no stress and I caught up. Now im going to get a little bit ahead so I can focus on my physics 1 and chem 1 labs over the weekend and get really far ahead monday.
>>
>>7789440
Btw im not bragging, im just describing whats successful for me.

Maybe you should try taking it easy and developing some discepline.
>>
I seriously think that all procrastination advice is useless.
>>
>>7789317
>>7789413
Yeah, change your diet to nothing but Adderall. Actually the *nothing* part comes with the Adderall, so that's convenient at least.
>>
when i procrastinate about doing math work i end up watching math lectures online about entirely different and useless topics. its as if I actively try to fail in life
>>
>>7789317
Exercise
Turn off your phone and computer, you don't need them. If you really need a CAS to check yourself then get a calculator that has one, they're not that expensive, if you need to read ebooks then get an EIink reader that can't run useful linux apps.
Don't study in bed.
Get up early (I don't care what you think your DNA wants this is about self respect)
Speaking of which, dress professionally and respect yourself, you're probably intelligent enough anyway.
Plan
Commit
Execute
Don't try to focus while listening to shitty dance/pop/hiphop/country/whatever
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.