[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

facebook makes me angry ITT: science and reason are bad mkay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: triggered.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
facebook makes me angry

ITT: science and reason are bad mkay
>>
That's correct tho
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 1127x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 1127x699px
I sincerely hope you're not implying that atheism is either scientific or reasonable.
>>
>>7789131
I don't see anything incorrect in that image
>>
They are not atheists. They worship their leaders like gods.
>>
>>7789150
> mutant festival
>>
>people who have ashtrays get cancer
That's why they emphasize correlation is not causation in schools.
Just like atheism didn't hold back progress in North Korea, The Chruch in the middle ages also didn't hold back any progress... Wait, it literally did through burning free-thinkers at the stake.
>>
>>7789131
>science == atheism
>science providing optimal life
>>
>>7789131
>Juche, Chondoism, Buddhism and Confucianism are branches of Atheism

Huh, didn't know that. I guess you can learn something new on Facebook every day, right!?

>maybe they don't know what "State atheism" means?
>>
>>7789179

>implying monks werent the primary movers of science throughout the middle ages

kys
>>
>>7789131
/pol/ tier thread here. 4chan has a trash can for a reason.
>>
>let's blame everything on one thing

also
>having a facebook
>>
>>7789131
NK actually has a lights out policy though. It is part of their culture and more specifically part of their way of hiding information for military purposes. The entire place is like one big air raid zone.
>>
>>7789179
>That's why they emphasize correlation is not causation in schools.

You don't go to an American school I see.

>>7789192
You mean after they burned everyone at the stake who practiced "witch craft" they became the leaders in .... "witch craft"? Surprise. Science was so dangerous to them that they vilified it, adopted it fully, and made damn sure no one else was using it.
>>
This is pathetic. /sci/ is not a place for edgy teens to vent about things their mothers posted on Facebook.

What a fucking shithole 4chan has become. Delete your thread, OP.
>>
>>7789209
>What a fucking shithole 4chan has become.
implying that 4chan was ever not a shithole
>>
>>7789199
This

North Korea best Korea
>>
>>7789204
You're really delusional if you think that's the case.

For one, if they wanted to eradicate the knowledge they could have easily as monks were usually the only people who could write.
>>
>>7789131
>Implying North Korea hasn't made a religion out of worshipping the Kims

Also this >>7789183
>>
>>7789306
You know absolutely nothing about religious history. Religion is built around methods to control the populace.
>>
>>7789310
We get it, you're smarter than those religious nutjobs at school.
>>
>>7789150
Atheism only becomes unscientific/unreasonable if you use the definition that it means "I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that no god or being describable as such exists".
>>
File: 1434403449668.jpg (233KB, 607x599px) Image search: [Google]
1434403449668.jpg
233KB, 607x599px
>>7789310
Hopefully you're baiting

>inb4 the "dark ages" chart
>>
File: new.jpg (110KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
new.jpg
110KB, 450x360px
>>7789309
>implying atheists of the 22nd century wont say you're worshiping Richard Dawkins when the current atheism movement fails
>>
>>7789131
Just unfriend whoever posted it, they can't possibly have anything to add to your life.
>>
>>7789150
Believing in magic is neither scientific or reasonable and if you're not an atheist, you essentially are a believer in magic.
>>
>>7789131
Maybe they are just saving electricity?

>>7789150
>look at me I'm offended by people who dress differently than me

lmao.
>>
>>7789131
> believing that not political background of XX century had defined this whole thing with north and south coreas but some ideological or religious values instead
> actually being that goy
>>
>>7789518

Other than Dawkins, i have no idea who the new atheists are, and i only know who Dawkins is because i am continuously accused of worshipping him ( i have never read his books, or seen anything with him in ).

Nietzsche on the other hand, is a guy i am very much behind. And if you insult Nietzsche i will shit on your grave.
>>
>>7789186
40% of Koreans are Christians
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 236x214px
Disbelieving in God leaves a God-shaped hole in your heart. When you have that big of a hole, you'll eventually replace it with something. People in North Korea have replaced it with communism and Dear Leader, and you can see the results...

Even if you don't believe in God (which is foolish -- evidence for God, and specifically Jesus Christ, is in our DNA), you have to admit that you're lacking something. Or maybe you've already filled that hole with racism, anime, or something else...
>>
>>7790007
Koreans have sexy legs and hips.
>>
>>7790034
>anime

I wouldn't say I watch anime to have my hole filled. I'd say I watch anime so I can fill some slutty anime 'lol i'm so geeky xD' bitch's holes.
>>
>>7790034
go home mum
>>
>>7790034

> evidence for God, and specifically Jesus Christ, is in our DNA

Why are you even ON this board?
>>
>>7790142
Does this actually happen, or are you just shitting
>>
>>7790181
It worked last year, twice. However, I promised myself that I will never ever fucking ever go to an anime convention again.

The sluts are good but the autism... I can't handle that anymore.
>>
>>7790156
for trolling purposes
>>
>>7790034
Or, you know, it's the other way around... people who can't find what they want out of life, because they are dysfunctional, turn to the nearest idiot who is all too eager to tell them that a man in the sky loves them.
>>
>>7790218
I subscribe to this school of thought.

Just yesterday, for my father's birthday I attended a big religious group meeting. When they started praying and all that shit I quitely left the room to sit just outside and keep reading my book and not 10 minutes from that, a group of christians had gathered around me to convince me to go in.

A lot of different half-arguments and fallacies were said but what is really shitty is that they started assuming that I had a shitty life.

One girl told me : 'I understand. My parents would smoke and abuse me and I lost my belief and starting cutting...'. There I stopped her and said that my parents were good people and that I was in general, satisfied with every aspect of my life.

Other two girls said the same about their ex-alcoholic parents and I too had to stop them to tell them that there was nothing like that happening to me.

Then, a grown up fucking adult. As in 40 - 50 years old, told me 'You were bullied in school right?', 'Do you smoke and go to parties right?', 'You must have shitty parents, right?'

Pretty much they all started projecting at me and I had to shut all of them up individually because even after I told everyone that I was content, the next faggot would come in telling me his sob story.

My conclusion is that all religious people are just really fucking depressed and angered at their past and their families and for some reason they project their insecurities in non-believers.
>>
>>7790229
That is pretty interesting. I wonder what actual percentage of christians have issues like that.

Maybe this explains why some of the most war-torn places such as the middle east are the most religious. It almost seems obvious if you look at it like that.
>>
>>7790229
I don't understand what's wrong with you. Are you so full of yourself that you left your family alone when they were praying instead of just staying there?
>>
>>7790248
>full of yourself
I don't believe in their god. I have no reason to stay there. I immediately came back after they resumed the non-religious activities.

>left your family alone
Not quite like that. This is some kind of 'business-man' group and all the adult members went into one room with their wives, and the sons and other descendants went into another room. This was for some shit activity were the parents would write a secret letter to their kids and give it to them at the end of the event.

Basically, I was alone there so I just went outside. And, in about 3 hours I got bored of just reading so I went in the other room and sat with my parents.

Anyways, it was a really shitty activity. It was obviously targetted at young christians so they would make you stand up, dance and sing along to those shitty christian rock songs and I was tired of it. I could not read with all that shit going on.
>>
>>7790248
Not that guy, but maybe it's just more respectful to leave them to do their thing, instead of sitting there doing something else right in front of them like reading a book. That would seem the more douchey of the two options to me.
>>
>>7790261
Another option would have been just sitting there silent and show some respect even if he doesn't believe in what is talked about. What he did was irreverent and undisciplined.
>>
>>7790294
I think the problem here is that you expect him to be reverent and disciplined when everyone around him is being a bunch of looneys.

You assume your cult is deserving of respect. It's not. It's just another weird, unhealthy cult. It's just that everyone is used to it because it's been around so long.
>>
>>7790319
I'm not saying he should show respect to any cult. But he should show respect to his family. You could argue that family values are just another unhealthy cult you're superior to, though.
>>
*tips fedora*
>>
>>7790326
Suck the penne.
Blow penne. Blow penne. Blow penne.
Whistles. The penne.
Penne secretes. New penne. Penne secretes.
Anon.
>>
>>7790000
The Selfish Gene, Extended Phenotype and Blind Watchmaker are excellent introductions to evolutionary biology.

I find if you want to twirl your unfashionable hat, God is not Great does a better job than the God Delusion.
>>
>>7789351
>>7789485
Seriously? Have you never studied religious history at all? I don't mean what their religious books say, but actual historical facts. It is all about totalitarian control of the populace. What they could not snuff out and eradicate they integrated and made their own.

Let me guess, you both attended Southern US schools?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.