[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me step by step how to clone prehistoric insects from their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
385KB, 1920x1080px
Tell me step by step how to clone prehistoric insects from their fossils in order to bring them to life and spread em across the world.
>>
>>7783390
You're a fucking moron. DNA would be too damaged, or non-existent.
>>
>>7783390

Step 1: Build a device that allows you to travel to another dimension where the laws of physics make that possible.

Step 2: Ask the people there how they do it.
>>
>>7783390
step one: restore oxygen levels to prehistoric times
>>
>>7783409
Would that be enough ? Also would that grow all the oxygen consuming beings including the animals and us as well ?
>>
Cloning recently extinct animals is pretty hard today, let alone long-extinct ones. Sure, insects might be easier to clone than mammals or birds, but we're a long way off from mass-cloning of extinct organisms. Especially if OP's going for giant Carboniferous insects like the pic related. The DNA simply couldn't survive that long (350+ million years), and you'd need a good habitat for them too. The oxygen-rich Pennsylvanian swamps of Calamites and other giant mosses don't exist anymore. Any Arthropelura in today's world would asphyxiate in the modern air or be killed by plant toxins/vertebrate predators.
>>
>>7783390
The best you could do is to modify existing animals' DNA to create something that closely resembles an extinct species.
>>
>>7783429
insects grow and shrink according to oxygen levels because they intake it through every single part of their body.
>>
>>7783395
why not just combine it the damgaed dna with human?
>>
>>7784836
Do you just stitch the DNAs together ?
>>
>>7784836
See 'Splice'.
>>
>>7784847
i watched in a tv show that real high velocity can just slam things together so why not that
sorry i'm not a very good speller
>>
>>7783390
first and foremost the dna locations and extraction process would be easy, the inner mucus which is the fluids that power the innards of the bugs would preserve dna to be used, by what ever nazi faggot is letting nazi faggot scientists BE NAZI FAGGOTS.. but hey wtf u gonna do.
>>
Why can't we just create a simple virus for infecting reproductive cells with desired dna sequences?
>>
>>7784836
Cause we've all seen the The Fly and know that shit ain't a good idea.
>>
>>7783766
Then what would stop you to make better versions of everything instead of downgrading.
>>
>>7783429
Insects breathe passively through diffusion points, typically on the underside of their bodies. Increase O2 concentration and the distance to the center of the body that oxygen can reach effectively increases.
>>
>>7783390
Antman pls go
>>
>>7783390
Step 1: Go to Australia
>>
>>7787683
So is it possible to use selective breeding on a very large group of insects and feed them with excess oxgen which again breeds with other experiment insects, so with every generation, their size slowly increase to massive levels ?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.