[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this enough to major in math?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Captura de pantalla (5).png (279KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (5).png
279KB, 1600x900px
Is this enough to major in math?
>>
el mucho auisto
>>
>>7782471
wut
>>
>>7782466
Holy fuck, I understand that this is complete bait, but Jesus fucking Christ on a bicycle. How high you score on some online IQ test has no bearing on how good you are at math. If you have some mathematical intuition with the drive and desire to do math, then yes that is good enough. If you don't have that drive and intuition, you could have an IQ much higher, but it wouldn't be relevant to being a math major. For fucks sake just go die, and take this shit with you.
>>
Math major is ez pz

For mine you can just do Calc 1-3, DiffEq, and like 4-5 electives (including some easy stat classes, number theory, etc.) and get a math major if you take a few other "math related" classes. Retarded neckbeard engineers can pass calc 3 and diffeq so someone who actually cares about math should be able to without a problem
>>
>>7782490
So in your opinion anon, what classes would not qualify as "ez pz" (Anonymous, ln. 1).
>>
>>7782506
Real Analysis (any analysis class)
Modern Algebra is not ez pz but maybe only because the professor here sucks
Topology is a bitch

I think we have a Bayesian stat class that is not ez. But the thing about stat classes is that you don't even have to prove anything substantial so they are not like other math classes in that regard.
>>
>>7782512
>What hard would not be ezpz?
>Any analysis class, any algebra class, any topology class...
>Basically any math class (if you find stats hard you would definitely find probability theory hard)

So how the fuck do you consider a math major ezpz? Does your major just suck that much?
>>
>>7782519
There are other classes you can take. And no, modern algebra is not hard in itself, neither is topology really, they are just made hard arbitrarily by poor/strict professors. I do have a big problem with how analysis is taught though because it's not a very well organized subject
>>
>>7782523
You mean in your uni, or in general? Terence Tao's Analysis I / II are pretty amazing for self study.

"Hard arbitrarily by strict professors" sounds like an oxymoron. You should be ready for strict rigor.
>>
>>7782529
What is thou trying to imply with, "You should be ready for strict rigor" (Anonymous, ln. 2).
>>
>>7782535
If the professors being strict make the course harder, that's because you're not being strict and rigorous enough with yourself. Step your game up.
>>
File: doitamigo.jpg (133KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
doitamigo.jpg
133KB, 1280x1024px
>>7782539
>tfw when anon tellz da truth
>>
Stay in mexico beaner man.

El faggot de la intellect
>>
>>7782569
jajajajajaja
>>
ayy lmao /sci/ you still fall for this meme?
>>
>>7782471
Guadalupe Hidalgo
>>
>>7782466
You may as well ask if being able to carry groceries makes you strong enough to be a weight lifter. It makes no fucking sense. You start wherever you're at and keep pushing forward.
>>
>>7782586

99% of /sci/ would be for segregated education based on IQ score.
>>
>>7782475
but you just took the bait, senpai
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.