[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you meditate /sci? Seems it has a lot of health benefits.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

Do you meditate /sci? Seems it has a lot of health benefits.
>>
>>7781910
Waste of time. Doesn't work.
>>
>>7781921
Not with that attitude it won't! Modern life is so full of instantaneous gratification it's important to be able to quiet the mind.
>>
>>7781921
you talking shit about meditation faggot?
>>
>>7781910
Sometimes. Not as often as I should. It makes me feel considerably more concentrated whenever I do it.
>>7781921
>Waste of time.
Literally all you need to experience to benefits is to do it for 15-20 minutes a day. There are few better ways to spend 15 minutes.
>>
>>7781950
>There are few better ways to spend 15 minutes.
Fapping?
>>
>>7781955
that's more like 10-7 minutes if you really just get it over with
>>
>>7781977
Usually I edge myself for 4-8 hours.
>>
>>7781983
That's reeeal meditation.
>>
>>7781983

well if you have 8 hours to masturbate you probably have 20 minutes to try meditation
>>
It's just getting rid of stress, which you can do in other ways.
>>
>>7781910
I did for a while, when I was studying Aiki-jūjutsu.
>>
>>7783660
Why do people like you who don't know anything about meditation talk as if they do and diss it? It's a very specific way of channeling thought and it definitely not replicated by just relaxing or whatever you think meditation is. Like seriously just put in a bit of effort next time.
>>
Meditation is a cultural thing, scientifically speaking it's way better to be active, calculate, read, learn, think, listen than sit still and focus on stopping anything that goes around... Yes
Again meditation is a cultural thing not a technique. /sci/ should meditate by hard work.
>>
>>7781921
>Waste of time
said the loser posting on 4chan
>>
ITT people who think meditation is just sitting and being still.

Mindfullness meditation is actually hard work. You're supposed to completely shut out every thought but the one you decided to focus on. Like the pattern of your breathing. Have you ever tried to do that? Literally try it right now. I bet you that you can't last more than 10 seconds without your thoughts slipping away.

Especially as a beginner meditation has more to do with mental wrestling than relaxation. Don't get me wrong. It does relax you but when I first started doing it I frequently caught myself frowning because I tended to get annoyed at how bad my ability was to focus.

It's sad that meditation is surrounded by so much pseudo-science quackery but it actually is VERY beneficial. There are studies which have shown people's brain to literally get more wrinkly from meditating over an extended periods of time.
>>
>>7783675
You're fucking retarded.

Genuinely, why do you feel the need to spew your half-baked ideas based on nothing but your personal hunch?

When people refer to meditation they usually mean mindfulness which is indeed one technique and has nothing to do with your cultural background.

And meditation enhances your work. It simply is completely different from doing tasks.
>>
>>7783686
You react exactly like a fundamentalist would react, or like an animal would react when his life is in threat... or like an human would react when his deeply rotted ideas are attacked.

You're very mesmerized with Indian culture, but you have to acknowledge that all the cultural things your gurus told you they're helping in technical ways are just lies so that you would ignore the religious aspect of it.

You are free to believe in what you want but go to >>>/x/ with your stuff, control yourself over here.
>>
>>7783689
Casual onlooker here. What a crazy world we live in. It never ceases to amaze how limited the average human being's faculty for perception actually is.

I see you as stripped down and undeveloped, but know I never will possess the higher perspective required to truly know I am not the same in a different (but probably better) way. Can only iterate over time, I suppose.
>>
>>7783689
>You react exactly like a fundamentalist would react, or like an animal would react when his life is in threat

No, I react like someone would that is confronted with utter stupidity and unscientific nonesense.

I think I just got baited though. Well played.
>>
>>7783699
>I think I just got baited though.
You wish, anon. We all wish.
>>
>>7783660
>It's just getting rid of stress
no it can do more than that.
>>
>>7783675
>scientifically speaking it's way better to be active, calculate, read, learn, think, listen
sounds like you think there's an absolute way to live life best.
>>
>>7783683
if you get frustrated, you're doing it wrong. If you start meditation make sure to realize it's alright that you mind can slip away. Don't dwell on it. Correct it with grace and proceed.
>>
>>7783750
Individualism is fading in the west, collectivism is rising in its place. He's a good example of the attitudes and beliefs systems that will be even more prominent in ~15 years.
>>
>>7783683
>ITT people who think meditation is just sitting and being still.
I'm gonna correct you here. In this wall dumb people trying to look smart by criticizing everything
>>
>>7783754
You're absolutely right. I used to get mad like I said but it's important to just acknowledge the thought and move on.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.