[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw pure math autists give me shit for taking biochemistry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1451364452856.jpg (98KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1451364452856.jpg
98KB, 1024x904px
>mfw pure math autists give me shit for taking biochemistry
>hurr it's an easy science

Half you sperglords would fail the class
>>
And you would fail out of any higher level mathematics autism course, or physics, or engineering or...

Different bases of knowledge. We need biochem fags to discover meds, and shit, just like we need pure math to sperg out and make mathematics that may one day have an application.

As long as you aren't shit at what you do, and you aren't being an autistic biofag doing work that has no medical purpose, then you are doing good work.
>>
>>7779848

>reasonable way of thinking

How have mods not banned you yet?

Btw OP chemistry is just applied physics, enjoy your babby degree (^:
>>
>>7779863
Except unfortunately for physicists, employers don't see it that way, and actual chemists have both the breadth and depth of their field that can only reasonably achieved from specialization. It would be nice if physicists could go into fields that are "applied physics", but the whole not specializing in it is a turn off for employers.
>>
File: 420.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>7779871

>applied physics
>employers

My only employers are nature and the cosmos *tips fedora*
>>
>>7779823
I respect biochem majors. How they manage to memorize so many books without understanding them in such a short time is beyond me.
>>
>>7779887
Biochem major here

This is very true.
>>
>>7779863
Physics is just applied math, and math is applied autism.
>>
>>7779907
Autism is just applied philosophy.
>>
>>7779909
And philosophy is just concentrated autism.
>>
>>7779913
>>7779909
Tautology is just applied tautology.
>>
pure math autist here. i know i would fail your class and i am very glad some people give a shit about biochemistry.
>>
>>7779823
those guys are probably from some nonexistent respectful euro unis. yeah i studied chemistry first year it was a lot more challenging than calc II and III.

yeah i agree with u dude; other sciences have their challenges. i enjoy reading other sciences . a lot of these idiots are just basing their view off purism and muh abstraction. this is coming from a pure maths major.

anyways i dont consider mathematics to be under science and even philosophy. its at its own world/place. its used as a tool for the sciences, eventhough parts of maths is borrowed from philosophy.

sorry for what the autist pure maths majors had done to you.
>>
>>7779823
ignore that autistic fags
>>
>>7779823
though I agree with you, it is pointless to keep bringing up shit like this on this place, just do your shit and move on
>>
>>7779863
Btw physics is just applied math. Enjoy your babby degree.
>>
>>7779848
>and you aren't being an autistic biofag doing work that has no medical purpose
>science is only good if it serves people

brainlet detected
>>
>>7779823
>unironically feeling the need to defend your choice in major because someone on the internet said it was easy
Re evaluate your life you insecure faggot
>>
I'd probably fail quite a number of classes that I didn't have the prerequisites for. Otherwise, no, I wouldn't. I'm a reasonably good student. Not a 4.0 by any means, but anything lower than a B is unacceptable, and B is a "work harder," grade.
Undergrad chem courses are easy, albeit time consuming, and I hope I never have to take another one.

>>7779871
Which employers? Specialization is easy, and your training will "specialize" you for whatever job it is you have to do. What's hard is teaching someone the kind of ingenuity that you learn in maths and physics courses, and biochem majors get to skimp on both of those things.
>>
>>7779823

I'm sorry to hear that anon.

My RA my first few years was a very mellow guy, and a biochem major. He had his giant kabbalah mandala of biochem stuff up on one of his walls, and I was pretty impressed when he indicated that he had to know the entire thing (and all its pathways, relationships etc, I swear, just like kabbalah) cold in order to graduate.

t. math major who washed out of o-chem
>>
>>7779863
>all it is is applied physics

I'm a graduating senior and I will have taken...
12 different lab courses between chem and bio by the time I graduate this semester
Gen chem I + 2
bio lab 1 +2
Organic lab 1 + 2
physics lab 1 + 2
biochem lab 1 + 2
Physical biochemistry lab
genetics lab

that's an assload of practical experience you're missing out on if you think you're a "physicist that can do anything a chemist can do".
>>
>>7779848

Five-star post.
>>
Do jobs in biochem exist?
>>
>>7779823
It is though. Its an extrapolation of a small subset of organic chemistry. The transition from chem to biochem is easy due to this. The other way around not so much.
>>
>>7781388
Hahaha. Basic science drone. Keep characterizing the localization of that protein that you and five other people care about.
>>
>>7782314
Not sure if trolling...
>>
>>7779923
I liek big book
>>
>>7779823
They are two completely different fields.

It's like saying a Solitaire player would lose in Texas Hold 'em.

Why do you fags feel the need to dick wave every fucking day.
>>
ITT: Autistic fucks calling each other autistic fucks
>>
>>>7779848
>>7779887
>>7779892
>>7782394
>>7782314
American 1st year undergrads detected.
>>
>>7782533
kek
>>
>>7779823
My girlfriend is studying biochemistry and I wish I were studying pure mathematics.
>>
Biochemistry is basically just memorizing the names and molecular weights of amino acids and figuring out how they attach to each other. It's as much of a science as biology.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.