[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /sci/ I'm in highschool, have a facination in space,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: K6JpZFq.jpg (2MB, 2956x1968px) Image search: [Google]
K6JpZFq.jpg
2MB, 2956x1968px
So /sci/ I'm in highschool, have a facination in space, and hope to become a space/aerospace engineer. My question is what is the job market like in southern ontario (Canada)? Would I need to move to the states for any chance at a job or what?
>>
>>7777429
If you are smart enough to excel at the field, and can't find a job. You can always become a doctor.
>>
>>7777429
read sticky
>>
>>7777432
I definitely don't want to be a fucking doctor
>>
Canada has one of the most successful Aerospace industries outside of the USA.

For the best job opportunities, learn French the best you can and study Mechanical Engineering at sn accredited school, or Aerospace Engineering at Ryerson or Carleton.

> List of companies in Canada's Aerospace industry
http://aiac.ca/member-directory/
>>
>>7777522
Thank you. Is the space engineering program at York worthwhile or would it be best to just go into aerospace?
>>
>>7777531

Space Engineering at York has been accredited since '07 for P.Eng certification eligible.
http://www.engineerscanada.ca/sites/default/files/accredited_programs_list_2014.pdf

That said, it seems pointless to pigeonhole yourself to the space industry so early on. In the two Aerospace engineering degrees, you have to make the Aeronautical/Astronautical call after your third year (giving you more exposure to the industry, which doesn't ever hurt).
>>
>>7777522
There's actually a third aerospace engineering program in Ontario, it's at UofT. Well technically, there's a fourth as well, but it's RMC.
>>
>>7777586

RMC offers Aeronautical Engineering, with no option to study space systems.

UofT does not offer a Bachelors of Aerospace Engineering. We are discussing Bachelor degrees here.
>>
>>7777596
UofT offers aerospace engineering through it's engineering science program.

Also, Hadfield studied mechanical engineering at RMC, just food for thought.
>>
>>7777616

UofT may offer it within Engineering Science, but that's no better/different than selecting the Aerospace stream within most Mechanical Engineering degrees.

Thoughts OP: You're /very/ late to apply to Eng programs, so you've either missed the boat or you're underage b&.
>>
>>7777635

Follow-up thoughts: most American aerospace companies are subjected to The International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and are only willing to hire American citizens. Makes getting in with only a Bachelor's degree nearly impossible. Sponsorship for work Visas is much less a thing today than it used to be.
>>
Aerospace means you're probably gonna be working at Bombardier making plane props. If you like space, study astrophysics though you'd likely just end up as a teacher. How many jobs do you really think there are that involves going to space really?
>>
>>7777596
4th year aero eng at rmc here. It's a great program with unrivalled class sizes, but completing such a degree while living the mil col life is not for the faint of heart.
>>
>>7777705

Aerospace Engineering Officer?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.