[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, im thinking of going vegan. Is it true that vegan ism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
Hello, im thinking of going vegan. Is it true that vegan ism will make me immune to most cancers and heart disease? Also, I have an infant, if We go vegan, can she get her nutrients from Almond Milk alone? Serious about veganism.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>7776761
Quads of greatness
>>
>>7776761
2/10 bait
>>
File: 1423683772032.jpg (26KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1423683772032.jpg
26KB, 460x345px
>>7776761
>>
>>7776761

>Inuits eat exclusively meat.
>inuits have no cancer
>vegans BTFO
>vegans on suicide watch
>>
BEEF
>>
>>7776761
just in case this isn't bait, consult a nutritionist before you attempt to raise a baby vegan.
>>
>>7776784
/thread
>>
>>7776784
http://sjp.sagepub.com/content/32/5/390.long

>The overall risk of cancer, when all sites are combined, is not significantly different between Inuit and their national counterparts

this is in spite of the fact that inuits have special genes to help them counteract the oxidative stress from the kind of diet they eat

https://www.sciencemag.org/content/349/6254/1343.full

and that they're all manlets with low growth hormone levels (which also lowers cancer risk)
>>
>>7776829

What's your point?
>>
>>>/fit/
>>
>>7776865
They have the same amount of cancer as everyone else, despite having genetics that would likely confer decreased cancer risk.
>>
>>7776883

No, they don't.
>>
>>7776900
Great argument, I'm convinced.
>>
>>7776761
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/uprooting-the-leading-causes-of-death/
>>
>>7776761
>. Is it true that vegan ism will make me immune to most cancers and heart disease?
it actually causes the opposite.

enjoy living with that fucked immune system and the skin tone of a potato that was grown inside your basement without enough light.
>>
>>7776761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRd7-cbXes
>>
>>7776761

You can do anything what you want but nothing grantees you that you won't get cancer.

Also don't take meat away from your children. Veganism is recommended to people who have reached adulthood because you deprive her of nutrients and protein necessary from body and brain growth
>>
File: tier.png (1MB, 1198x2331px) Image search: [Google]
tier.png
1MB, 1198x2331px
>>7776761
>veganism

Cults don't belong on /sci/
>>
>>7777341
>>7776761

I like when he raged about how he wants to put his foot though babies and turn them into mush on the pavement.

Almost makes me want to put a kitten in a blender. Almost.
>>
>>7776942
they have less cancer because of the epigenetics of eating meat.

vegans btfo once again
>>
>>7777515
>Catholicism
>not heresy
Hasn't this been debunked already?
>>
File: 586h5V9.png (282KB, 979x1632px) Image search: [Google]
586h5V9.png
282KB, 979x1632px
>>7777587
>protestants talking about heresy

top kek
>>
>>7777606
>"Kill them all, god will sort out his own"

You are aware that this phrase was originally coined by a catholic?
>>
>>7777660
Allegedly
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caedite_eos._Novit_enim_Dominus_qui_sunt_eius.
>Caesarius did not state that this sentence had been actually uttered, he wrote that Amalric "was reported to have said it" (dixisse fertur in the original text)

It's MO of protestants now

>The phrase has been adopted by members of the US military in various conflicts, such as the Vietnam War,[9] and is used as an unofficial slogan by certain units. In parts of the War on Terror, the variant "Kill them all. Let Allah sort them out," has been used.[1]
>>
>>7777515
Buddhism is heathen tier...... No death and rebirth. No reincarnation. Freedom. Positively influence people with your energy from meditation. Self Realization. Self Actualization. It's totally psychological. I don't care about classification. Everyone has their preference.
>>
>>7777606
>implying Catholics abide by any of this
>implying Protestantism is a unified group of people altering Christ's teachings for their own wallets and convenience

Of course, I've become disillusioned with a lot of aspects of Protestantism, but I still have a lot of disagreements with the Catholic church.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (865KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
865KB, 1024x768px
>>7776761
The only reason to go vegan is for ethical reasons. Which is fine. Ive been living vegan with my ethical girlfriend the last 2 years. We go to the store, and skip the meat department. Simple as that. Lots of veggies, noodles, pasta, beans. Check out picrelated, you can emulate any fucking food, plus its funny.

for your baby, see a nutritionist (an actual one).

vegan soley for health though?
if you honestly can not tell "healthy" foods from "unhealthy" foods when you are grocery shopping, you should consider suicide.
>>
>>7777845
I should add, there are plenty of companies that sell vegan packaged foods as well. Amy's is a good brand.

hotdogs, sausage, chili, chunky soups, mac and cheese, "chicken" wings, "ribs". Anything.

Wholefoods (expensive).
Even Safeway and Frys now have entire isles. Plus things in the regular isles.
>>
>>7777852
>Wholefoods (expensive).
>(expensive)
I think you mean "artificially inflated, overpriced ripoff".

They're typically but one of many "natural food" stores that set up near rich neighborhoods and where there is no competition, then hike their markup 400% or more. They are the sole reason so many people think "I'm a workin' man, I can't afford that organic horseshit". Depending on your region (barely), organic can be just as cheap, and it contains more nutrients.

Find a good co-op.
>>
>>7776761

Ok firstly stop listening to things your vegan friends are telling you. Veganism won't make you healthier, anti-vaxing WILL fuck up your children AND other parents children.

If your vegan friends do seem healthier than the average joe its not because they're vegan, its likely because they just have a healthier lifestyle in general. Less sugar, less processed foods, less alcohol, don't smoke, no drugs, more veggies, more fruit, more water, more exercise. This is why they are healthier.

Cutting meat from your diet won't make you healthier, but cutting processed meat i.e. sausages, frozen packaged meats, mince, hot dogs, etc from your diet will.
>>
>This whole thread

why you doin this /sci/
>>
>>7776761
>vegan gains
M O D S
O
D
S
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.