[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

differences between types of engineers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

ITT : we describe differences between types of engineers and why what you took was the best
>>
all engineers of all stripes are the dumbest beings to walk the earth
>>
>>7774515
I think that's a bit harsh.
>>
Gunslinger/turtle engies are the worst.
>>
>>7774515
daily reminder
>>
>>7774559

What's this from?
>>
>>7774562
Some guy on /sci/ posting problems calling for math/phys fags to solve them when bashing engr fags
>>
>>7774568

So is this taken from an engineering degree?
>>
>>7774575
Yes. I think it's from Purdue nukefag
>>
>>7774578

Fug, shit looks difficult. And I'm wanting to apply for an engineering degree this year...
>>
I'm studying civil engineering because I don't know what I want to do with my life.
>>
Types of engineers:
-girls playing it because they suck
-highlander nerds
-superior scout mains who play engineer as a secondary to relax
>>
>>7774575
>>7774568
I posted a pretty simple homework set yesterday when someone said "lol engineers can't even do proofs," and no one even attempted it. I'll never understand how such pride is built from being able to solve problems with literally zero real-world applicability.

@OP, EE is best E.
>>
>>7774581
Before you learn it, it looks insanely complicated. You'd be very surprised how quickly you get familiar with that level of complexity, as long as you're not a moron.
>>
>>7774593

So I'm assuming you familiarised yourself with the material relavant to the question well in advance?
>>
>>7774614
Are you talking about the questions in >>7774559 ?
No I'm not gonna bother with that shit. It doesn't look outrageously dissimilar to advanced electromagnetics, however. Sometimes I step back and look at the problems and say to myself, "How the fuck did I ever learn how to do this?" I'm not an especially hard-working individual.
>>
>>7774627

Yes.
>>
File: qs.png (145KB, 667x483px) Image search: [Google]
qs.png
145KB, 667x483px
>>7774630
I posted these yesterday. This really isn't that complicated of a set, either. To someone not familiar with either, I bet that this set and the aforementioned nuclear eng problems look similarly difficult. Also, I bet that there are very few people on earth that are well learned in both.
>>
>>7774665

How much appropriate studying do you guys do before doing problems like this?
>>
File: qs2.png (216KB, 592x637px) Image search: [Google]
qs2.png
216KB, 592x637px
>>7774674
Well my exams in that class essentially consisted of problems exactly like that or in pic related. I probably studied maybe 10-15 hours for exams that had about 10 of those problems over two hours, but like I said I'm not the most studious of my peers.
>>
>>7774553
it's perfectly accurate
>>
>>7774515
We're not the dumbest, but some of us really are assholes
>>
>>7774700

So you learned all the information relevant to answering those questions in 10-15 hours? Sheet.
>>
>>7774734
Well, no, I learned them over the course of the semester as well as several semesters before that.

I reviewed all the information relevant to answering those questions in that time.
>>
>>7774746

Okay, that's what I was asking about. So by the time you're when given questions like this, you should know everything (if you paid attention in class and studied the material outside of class).
>>
>>7774752
There are varying degrees of "should know everything," but for the most part yeah.

But most of those problems involves common circuit knowledge, vector calculus, some linear systems, electromagnetic physics, and more. Is not a course you would take your freshman or even sophomore year.
>>
>>7774773

So is final year stuff?
>>
>>7774593
Exactly. I'm in Geology, am not exceptionally smart (in fact, rather dumb) and this semester I'm in Advanced Petrogenesis and Metallogenesis and Topics in Sedimentary and Petroleum Geology. These are just long, complicated names for relatively simple subject matter, if you've done basic geology. Nothing (especially in undergrad) is that hard, mostly just leg work.
>>
>>7774665
If you provided the formula for 1 and 2, and the applicable constants for 2 (unless they carry over from the previous question), these shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>7774555
Gunslinger is good for attacking, whats so bad about it?
>>
>>7774515
Fun Fact: Engineers will implode if they do not tell another person that they are an engineer every 14 minutes.
>>
>>7774826

As an engineer I can confirm this.
>>
>>7774514
Electrical Engineering:
Most mathematical discipline (should be familiar with PDEs and linear algebra), some programming.
Civil Engineering:
Almost all empirically derived formulas, least academic.
Chemical Engineering:
Very little chemistry. Thermal physics, statistical mechanics, fluid dynamics.
Aerospace Engineering:
Fluid dynamics.
Mechanical Engineering:
A little bit of thermodynamics, a lot of newtonian mechanics.
Computer Engineering:
Logic devices and programming.
Software Engineering:
Programming.
Nuclear Engineering:
Thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, bit of electronics.
>>
>>7774514
>>7775672
> "...why what you took was the best"
Didn't take any of them. Did physics, since it's a bit of all of them.
>>
I'm a math EE double major and I believe math is way harder than engineering but I do enjoy the application of math
>>
>>7775672
rated on the dick sucking scale from most dicks sucked to least (based on the ones i know):
electrical
software
mechanical
computer
aerospace
civil
nuclear
chemical
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.