[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is coffee a method of societal control? How can it be so universally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

Is coffee a method of societal control? How can it be so universally praised by the media when it affects sleep?

What is your opinion on the health effects?
>>
No, its currently a cheap and relatively healthy caffeine vehicle with lots of historical acclaim.

Hell, when Coffee and Tobacco came to Europe, Europe soon after began the enlightenment and the industrial revolution.
>>
Coffee is great and probably caused the enlightenment. Your sleep patterns are meaningless.
>>
>>7770758
please explain how coffee "controls" society. As you suggested
>>
"The elite wants to keep the public in a state of panic" Chris Langan.

And coffee sure allows that, it's an adenosine antagonist
>>
File: out.png (176KB, 895x300px) Image search: [Google]
out.png
176KB, 895x300px
>>>/x/
>>
>>7770777
>>
>How can it be so universally praised by the media when it affects sleep?

So things that affect sleep is terrible and no one should use them?

Can't tell if your autistic or just trolling.
>>
>>7770776
>coffee makes you panic
Not even a whole pot of coffee will make me do that. Sweat a lot, or get tunnel vision? Yes. panic? No.
>>
>>7770758
The half life isn't that long negligible concentrations remain if you don't consume it in the afternoon.

It's also a stimulant and appetite suppressant which can help with weight loss.
>>
No. Coffee is a drug like any other and is pretty neutral in its health effects both chronic and acute. It is not a method of societal control lmao. Infact, I read somewhere that the ottoman empire actually banned coffee from the masses.
>>
>>7770803

OP here. I have drunk so much that my lifts have become shit at the gym due to lack of sleep. I went from 145 kg squats for 10 reps to struggling to do 135 kg for 5. I accept that this is my retardation and separate from my main point, but put it up as a small reason why this "coffee is for le closers" meme needs to die.

>>7770808

This is something I wondered as well. Is it actually neutral? Or is it a net loss somehow in terms of energy? How many drugs are there that are straight up 100 % benefits to the human body?
>>
>>7770812
>How many drugs are there that are straight up 100 % benefits to the human body?
Cocaine
>>
>>7770821
on cocaine right now, can confirm
>>
>>7770758
I sleep fine with coffee. Stop being a pussy.

Also look at the research.
>>
File: 1452057006016.jpg (52KB, 396x478px) Image search: [Google]
1452057006016.jpg
52KB, 396x478px
>Drink it once in the morning
>Go to sleep without problems at night
It's nor hard OP, just don't drink after 5pm
>>
>/sci/ praises coffee
>b-but tobacco is bad for you!

/sci/ double standards
>>
>>7770957
dude weed lmao
weed cures cancer, autism, small dicks, and even makes you get job xddd smok 420 lOLOLolOlolOL
>>
>>7770957

Oh look it's this retard again.
>>
Yes OP, everything wrong in your life, big and small, is the result of a vast conspiracy to keep you down.
>>
>There are people that drink coffee from a cheap drip Keurig or Mr.Coffee bought from Walmart
>There are people that drink Maxwell house and cheap shit
>There are people that put obscene amounts of creamer and sugar to make their bitter coffee bearable instead of getting quality beans and using better brewing methods

Why do this senpai
>>
>>7771008
Because creamer and sugar are cheaper than more expensive coffee senpai
>>
>>7770957
Please be bait.
>>
>>7771033
But no one living in a civilized country is that poor, right?
>>
File: persimmon_by_amatizking.jpg (329KB, 912x648px) Image search: [Google]
persimmon_by_amatizking.jpg
329KB, 912x648px
>>7770758
>Is coffee a method of societal control?
Yes. It puts your mind in a "get stuff done" mode and tends to inhibit deeper introspection or abstract thought about your environment, especially when combined with your workplace environment, chronic stress, and constant demands. In short, it allows you to do things every single day, you should not have the energy or resolve to do. It's part of the daily ritual.

So yes. Whether it's engineered, opportunistic, or completely inadvertent, it's part of a bigger picture that keeps this unsustainable, miserable, fucked up machine ticking away.

>How can it be so universally praised by the media when it affects sleep?
This is stupid. It's culturally praised, and plenty of things affect sleep. Caffeine only really affects sleep quality anyway.

>What is your opinion on the health effects?
It's.... probably carcinogenic. Very mildly. It probably contributes to sleep deprivation, elevates cortisol levels, and allows people to be otherwise overworked. Which leads to obesity and a great susceptibility to other health problems.

Caffeine, theobromine, theophylline, flananols, are all fine on their own. I'm drinking yerba mate mixed with cocoa beans and sugar as I type this. Tea, and l-theanine though, I find makes me drowsy and kind of stupid over time. Maybe the fluoride content. Yes, fluoride. Deal with it.
>>
>>7771596
flavanols*
>>
File: kboil.jpg (133KB, 1052x545px) Image search: [Google]
kboil.jpg
133KB, 1052x545px
>>7770758
kratom beverage best beverage
>>
>>7770758
Societal control, no.
It's about advertising their product to keep up consumption.
If people realized how much coffee affects blood pressure and potentially causes circulatory problems, coffee sales would drop.
Now they just pay folks to praise coffee once or twice a year, and maybe a few stupid grad students to work on the benefits of coffee consumption.

Same goes for many other foods (every year we get a couple "miracle foods").
It's just manufacturer/importer associations trying to create more market/improve image.

Personally I stopped drinking coffee regularly since '14 IRRC.
It really fucks up your sleep (waking up is so much harder) and gives you high blood pressure, which, in the long run, is very damaging.

Of course drinking a small amount of turkish coffee daily might not be harmful, but drinking stronger coffees and/or relying on them to wake you up is not healthy.
>>
>>7770758
No one pushes it on you though. I first tried espresso just because I was walking somewhere with a friend. Now I love coffee. It seems too accidental and random of a habit to be planned out by anyone.
>>
>>7770758
Shit, man. I can't even control my bowels when I drink coffee. It makes chaos, not control.
>>
>>7770808
>ottoman empire actually banned coffee

Weren't they the only government to ever try this?
>Hey guys, you know that bean juice that makes you happy and friendly and energetic? You can't have that ever again.
>>
File: 1432812087798.png (28KB, 321x225px) Image search: [Google]
1432812087798.png
28KB, 321x225px
>>7771707
Lol'd.
>>
>>7770812
>shit at the gym
Hugh Jackman drinks espresso immediately before lifting, but I've also experienced coffee ruining my workouts. I think the vasodilation fucks with your blood pressure.
>>
>>7770812
If you're drinking so much it's keeping you awake, that's your own damn fault for drinking so much. Moderate your intake.
>>
>>7771713
Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor. Theobromine is a vasodilator.

L-theanine in tea causes your blood pressure to more or less remain the same, despite the caffeine.
>>
>>7771707
The main reason it was banned was the fact that people would go to a coffeehouse to drink it, and socialize with others. During the empire, any chance that people getting together and talking anti government was alarming to the empire.

Its like office boys around the water cooler talking about unions
>>
>>7770962
Weed is actually associated with everything you listed except for the small penis thing. It also helps with mental disorders.

>>7771045
How could it be bait?
>>
>>7770957
Coffee is a drink, a beverage.
Tobacco is a drug, you do not eat it, you smoke it or press it to your gums, thus absorbing the drug (nicotine). Coffee at least provides hydration and some minor calories to the body. Unfortunately tobacco does not, hence where this difference arises.

Tobacco has more serious side effects of use, but even then /sci/ does not condemn tobacco when used responsibly by people fully aware of its effects. In fact, nicotine is a highly-effective treatment for ADD. Nicotine patches were as effective as ritalin in young adults.
>>
>>7772070
>but even then /sci/ does not condemn tobacco when used responsibly by people fully aware of its effect

I personally find it hard to believe that there are ways to irresponsibly use tobacco
>>
File: guarana-pulver-1-1c1516e7.jpg (42KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
guarana-pulver-1-1c1516e7.jpg
42KB, 340x340px
What do you guys think about Guarana (powder)?
It does have the same effect as coffee, obviously cheaper and more effective. Plus, you won't get bad teeth like you get from coffee.
>>
>>7771837
they also banned it because most of the production was controlled by christian nations and the pope himself declared it a christian drink
>>
Does drinking coffee everyday causes future problems such as stomach ulcers and cirrhosis?
>>
>>7772130
Do you think it's hard to responsibly use alcohol as well?
>>
>>7772040
>Weed is actually associated with everything you listed except for the small penis thing. It also helps with mental disorders.
I want to believe, give me those peer-reviewed studies, mate. Even with just the abstract available I'll be fine.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.