[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Demaine studied at Dalhousie University in Canada, completed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Demaine_erik_download_1.jpg (150KB, 800x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Demaine_erik_download_1.jpg
150KB, 800x1220px
>Demaine studied at Dalhousie University in Canada, completed his bachelor's degree at 14 years old, and completed his PhD at University of Waterloo when he was 20 years old.

>Demaine's PhD dissertation, a seminal work in the field of computational origami, was completed at the University of Waterloo.[6] This work was awarded the Canadian Governor General's Gold Medal from the University of Waterloo and the NSERC Doctoral Prize (2003) for the best PhD thesis and research in Canada (one of four awards).

JUST BE YOURSELF

YOU CAN DO IT
>>
>>7770714
>computational origami
> best PhD thesis and research in Canada
Why are Canadians so pathetic?
>>
File: Kripke.jpg (51KB, 366x349px) Image search: [Google]
Kripke.jpg
51KB, 366x349px
>Kripke was labelled a prodigy, having taught himself Ancient Hebrew by the age of six, read the complete works of Shakespeare by nine, and mastered the works of Descartes and complex mathematical problems before finishing elementary school.[4][5] He wrote his first completeness theorem in modal logic at the age of 17, and had it published a year later. After graduating from high school in 1958, Kripke attended Harvard University and graduated summa cum laude obtaining a bachelor's degree in mathematics. During his sophomore year at Harvard, Kripke taught a graduate-level logic course at nearby MIT.

Dude, just walk up to that unproven analytical philosophy conjecture and, like, be confident lol. Works every time bro!
>>
File: 1430378789616.jpg (24KB, 574x478px) Image search: [Google]
1430378789616.jpg
24KB, 574x478px
>>7770714
>computational origami
>>
When I worked in research, the people who got prizes were the biggest losers. I never found out how or why they were selected for the prize.
>>
>>7770714

He's still an ugly, fat, autistic neckbeard.

I'm happy being me.
>>
>>7770714
I don't care what he researches. His long hair, his neckbeard, his cuckish grin and his pasty white basement dweller complexion make him physically disgusting. He might be smart in his highly specialized area of computation, but he surely isn't a well-rounded human being as long as he looks like an autistic nerd. For fucks sake, when I see people like him, I want to shout at them and tell them to learn how to make themselves appear well-groomed.
>>
>>7770724
The people who select prizes usually either don't understand anything about STEM or don't give a fuck so all the shitty meme projects win.
>>
>>7770722
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-849-geometric-folding-algorithms-linkages-origami-polyhedra-fall-2012/

it's even on ocw
>>
>>7770714
Now I understand the guy who copy pastes the 'ideal' CS degree which includes a seminar about hygiene and grooming.

Its sad man, these people make it to grad school without taking the class.
>>
File: agimmik.jpg (235KB, 1051x1416px) Image search: [Google]
agimmik.jpg
235KB, 1051x1416px
>>7770721
It's sort of sad that this example goes in line with all the comments in this thread.
Yeah, he's awesome, but he's also severely autistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE9m6Bu0RGI#t=0h36m

Nevertheless, it's good we have those guys.

>>7770714
>YOU CAN DO IT
What's the goal?
>>
>>7770714

Watched the OCW intro computer science course he taught with Srini Devadas (I think) Recommended! I'm not a csci guy, but it kept my interest. Demaine seems like a nice guy. Not like the loony geniuses you find in the math department.
>>
>>7770730
>make themselves appear well-groomed.
Their lives are better spent doing research than making themselves appear well groomed or cool in the eyes of the general population.

Joe sixpack has strange priorities. People have to look well but will always want the latest coolest stuff and whenever he gets ill he wants the best medical treatment there is. He never cares who toils in the labs to do these things.
>>
File: origami-applications.gif (180KB, 660x775px) Image search: [Google]
origami-applications.gif
180KB, 660x775px
>>7770722
>>7770720
Origami has a number of important applications. It could be used to make large space structures that actually fit into a rocket, stronger composites, artery stents, and many more things.

The space structure part has important scientific and defense applications.

One cool scientific application would be for something called a starshade. Essentially if we put a big piece of mylar in space, we can use it to block out a star's light and directly image any exoplanets said star might have using existing telescope technology.

>>7770725
>>7770730
hahahaha no. I've seen him at conferences he's a total normie. He even gets away with wearing a T-shirt at conference because he's alpha as fuck.
>>
>>7770714
I know what this man is like just by looking at his eyes.
Maybe you anons have met someone who has eyes like Demaine. I know I have.
He's sad and weird and has never had a good haircut his whole life. And he's a virgin.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.