[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw the average engineering student can't use a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

>mfw the average engineering student can't use a hammer and nails
>>
>>7770582
>average math student can't do basic calculations without using calculators.
>>
File: risky.jpg (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
risky.jpg
107KB, 300x300px
>tfw Mechanical Engineer
>tfw repaired 150 sq.ft of my roof's plywood sheathing by myself
>tfw hammer and nails was the easy part, using a jigsaw while leaning over the eaves to cut out support beams was the tough part
>>
>>7770582
>Be Chemical Engineer.
>Did a general technician course over the holidays when I was young because muh Renaissance man meme.
>First interview "Why did you put these practical skills on the CV you sent us Anon?"
>...
>>
>>7770752
>average math student can't do basic calculations without using calculators.

Fuck this shit man. My entrance exam (which unique to the university, no standarized SAT shit) could not be done with calculator. Everything from fraction operations to square root had to be done by had.

Anyone who got in here knows how to do calculator-less calculations.
>>
>>7770582
>take engineering fundamentals summer course
>big final project involves us building shit out of wood that applies to what we've learned
>mfw 60+ 19 year old upper-middle class, over confident nerds get turned loose in a shop with every power tool imaginable with very little safety briefing.
>mfw 1 ta and a distracted professor to supervise the whole shop
>mfw dozens of people are all using power tools for the first time at the same time.
>people not using the right sized nails/screws, people not using clamps, people using hack saws instead of wood saws or vice versa, etc.
>It's just a mess

Honestly surprised nobody got hurt, but the uni has been doing this for years, so I guess I trust them
>>
File: a92.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
a92.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>7771176
Forgot my face
>>
BSME here.
I've never even designed anything that used nails. I'm guessing that's for CEs?
>>
>mfw the average engineering student can't operate a train
>>
>>7771203
Why would computer engineers use wood and nails?
>>
>>7771037
Recite to me pi then
>>
>>7771209
Have you ever even built a computer you fucking pleb
>>
>>7770582
>average physics student can't even build a nuclear reactor in their basement
>>
>>7771218

thats all i remember
>>
>>7770582
>mfw the average non-engineering major can't even build a power suit in their garage
>>
File: 18183183183813.jpg (41KB, 555x600px) Image search: [Google]
18183183183813.jpg
41KB, 555x600px
>mfw the average non-engineering major can't even handle 5 dicks at once
>>
>>7771209
I think he mentioned civil engineers
>>
>>7771254
All you need in most situations

If you can go as far as 3.14 you're stoked
>>
>>7770794
well it makes sense. Adapt your cv to the recruiter.
>>
File: last.png (105KB, 247x239px) Image search: [Google]
last.png
105KB, 247x239px
>>7770582
>mfw no one gives a fuck because it's unimportant
>>
>>7771309

But if you're so smart, surely you can use a hammer and nails?
>>
>>7770582
I'm going to ignore the fact that hammering nails is irrelevant to engineering majors.

The average-anything is a moron.
I'm in engineering school and 90% of the people here don't know what they're doing.
Even after graduation, someone will have to train them in order to do their basic job tasks properly.

Same goes with doctors, lawyers and your mother (unironically).

People rarely do things they're not forced to.
Some of us like to learn (either abstract concepts or motor skills), but most people don't.
It's a fact and you have to deal with it.
>>
>>7771511
protip: most american students aren't "so smart".
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.