[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you follow your dream in your choice of study? If not, What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (35KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 300x450px
Did you follow your dream in your choice of study?
If not, What did? Money?
How is it going now?
Mfw Astrophysics, waiting for my impending doom.
>>
>>7769871

>Did you follow your dream in your choice of study?

Yes, Pure Mathematics.

>How is it going now?

Just in freshman year and I already got a paid internship working in banking software. I start monday.

Man, being a mathematician is like living life in easy mode. Literally everyone wants to hire you. You got software on one side, statistics on the other, finance on another, research everywhere and rich people want you to tutor their rich kids.

10/10 man.
>>
im going to kill myself on friday #wow#whoa
>>
>>7769871
I picked mathematics because it's very little work

Couple of homework problems each week is at most all they grade, the rest is just exams
No papers, no projects, no groupwork.
All you have to do is study an hour or so a day (at most) to keep up and that's not too hard because I enjoy mathematics anyway.

Life as a math major is easy modo
>>
>>7769911
>Just in freshman year and I already got a paid internship working in banking software. I start monday.

I wish I lived in murrica
>>
>Yes. Medicine.
>Going great.
>>
>>7769976
Enjoy fucking debt eating your soul, and working round the clock to feed Hitler(the bank) money to stop feeding on ur soul. And praying you have at least 1-2 years to make all that shit back.
>>
>>7769911
Is this "300k starting" thing a meme or is there some truth to it? And if so are we just talking about Ivy League schools?
>>
>>7769981
Caltech
>>
>>7769911
>freshman
>mathematician

you poor self deluded soul
>>
>>7769981
Not a meme. I haven't been told the specifics of the pay but I doubt it will be more than minimum wage. I recognize I'm a kid working with a group of highly experienced professionals.

I am from a state school, not any Ivy league. I got this internship because of connections I got from school. I called the CEO to his personal phone and asked for an internship and he just said yes and that I start monday 9 am.

I had other options, which is why I said 'everyone wants to hire you', but I'd rather work in software right now. Specially because it is for banks and not some app company.
>>
File: 123456789.gif (16KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.gif
16KB, 400x250px
>>7769979
>mfw not american
>>
>>7769986
No, fuck you. I don't care what I end up working after graduation but the moment I get a personal office I will immediately install a white board on the wall and you better believe me I will call myself a mathematician until the day I die.
>>
>>7769911
>life on easy mode
>only accessible jobs are code monkey, stat monkey, finance drone and fucking tutoring brats
>>
>>7769991
lol
>>
>>7769993
>code monkey
Pays well, can be intersting if you get away from videogames and apps.

>finance
Not my interest but I see nothing wrong in it

>tutoring brats
This is the literal definition of easy mode. Teach pre calculus to retards with a lot of money for 1 hour a day and get paid incredibly ridiculous sums of money.
>>
>>7770006
Bro, i would shoot myself teaching prepubescent brats pre calculus. I would rather be in the lab doing some legit research as a physics Ph.D.
>>
>>7770012
>I would shoot myself teaching prepubescent brats pre calculus

I also see it as shitty but it is ridiculous the kind of money you can make. I know a guy who teaches at a private school and on top of that salary he charges 80$ an hour to tutor.

He tells me that the weekend before tests there will be 10 - 15 kids lined up and they just shower him with money.

I probably don't have the patience for that shit but damn, if you know a lot of rich kids you can make a lot of money from them.
>>
>>7769988
>doubt it will be minimum wage
If you're good at what you do it won't
I'm in comp sci (I probably should have tried for CE but I'm committed now and this is close enough)
I've never had an internship that's less than twice minimum wage.
>>
>>7770030
Hopefully you are right. The first day he'll 'train' me and see what kind of tasks he can assign me. I guess from that he will say what I will be earning.

But whatever it is, I don't care about the money. I'm still living with my parents so money is of no worry. I just want to graduate with a really long resume so that I get the best jobs immediately out of school.
>>
Nah, if I was rich, I would've double majored in pure math with an algebra emphasis and philosophy with an existentialism or ontology emphasis. Wouldn't care about the job market.

Instead I majored in finance and math for the options of making a lot of money, and finance is relatively interesting to me.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.