[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planetary Accretion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o0k7mkhNSN1uk13a5o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0k7mkhNSN1uk13a5o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x290px
I've recently become interested in planetary accretion.
Does anyone know of any good papers I could take a look at? I'm an undergraduate in physics/geology if that helps.
>>
>>7769350
>tumblr_o0k7mkhNSN1uk13a5o1_500.gif
popsci fag go away
>>
inst this graph the same looking on two different perpectives?
>>
>>7769593
yes. the point is to see how bizarre the actual paths of the planets would be if earth was the center of the orbit.
>>
>>7769593
>>7769600
no, its not two different perspectives of the same thing.
>>
>>7769604
Yes it is. notice how in the geocentricism scheme only the sun moves in a perfect circle. this is reflective of the fact that the earth orbits the sun
>>
>>7769593
No, it's showing how the planets would have to move in order to fit the perspective we have on Earth from a geocentrist model.
>>
>>7769350
I am interested to know if the earths current geological fault lines trace the outline of original accretion masses?
>>
>>7770262
Almost definitely not.
Think more like the cracks that appear on a cake left out to dry.
>>
>>7770262
Nah. Think of it like an egg. The planet was formed by collisions of small debris colliding. If you throw an egg at something, then the egg cracks. Same deal with the planet. The cracks on the planet are more like shockwaes hitting each other
>>
>>7770262
It's really more like playdoh. Once a certain amount of gravitational force is applied to a mass, it starts to squeeze out. The continental pllates are where the earth is 'oozing' out.
>>
The when there seeing open planets the end before and also today might even broke better yet in almost 20 miles considering how mild the attitude has taken coverage in the mortality trap currently.
>>
>>7769358
>I hate fun, particularly when others have it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.