[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEM and women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (51KB, 540x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 540x567px
Hey /sci/, what are some of your expirences say in High School where you were cheated by the education system? Like someone else got something you deserved? Post your expierences.
>>
>born with ADHD
>other children born with the ability to focus
Honestly I wish I'd known about it before I entered uni. Had I known, I would have been able to make use of accommodations and whatnot.
>>
>>7760560
ADHD isn't a thing, you're just lazy
>>
File: lolwut.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>7760563
>on a science board
>>
>>7760560
If you were really interested, you'd be able to concentrate.
>>
One day I solved the math exam for half of my classmates (They just handed me their exam and I answered for them) and when the teacher noticed he was highkey mad and afterwards tried to make me fail his class but he wasn't able to do so because i keep acing his fucking childlevel calculus class :^)
>>
>>7760482
> Like someone else got something you deserved? Post your expierences

Back in high school you could choose: Science, business and 'Arts and Science'.

The day of graduation, the student with the highest grade in a subject would get a prize for that.

Everything goes fine then comes the time for the chemistry prize. We, the science kids, had been doing full chemistry for 3 years. The science and arts kids did biology for 1 year, physics the next year and this year (the last year) they did chemistry. They barely did shit like balance reactions and work in pH and shit. And then you know what happens? The prize for the best chemistry student is awarded to an arts kid.

That is literally bullshit.

You said 'stem and women' and that person was a girl so I guess thats on topic.

A girl got a prize she didn't deserve because every good chemistry student in the science group was a man. And that included me. I had the highest chemistry grades and that was fucking hard man.

But in the end, those prizes were meaningless and I went on to study mathematics so who cares.
>>
>>7760592
You can't even construct a proper sentence.
Try again anon.
>>
File: bait of amigara fault.jpg (67KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
bait of amigara fault.jpg
67KB, 500x491px
>>7760563
>>7760570
>>
>>7760621
Op here, i understand.

I'm currently taking 2 science classes (Chem and Bio) and acing both of them with ease, and just aced both the semester finals. Meanwhile one of my friends, a girl, which is why i mention STEM and Women, is taking basic Biology and is barely passing. She received multiple letters for summer programs from STEM and was given the opportunity to meet some of the leading scientists in their field along with Buzz Aldrin. She doesn't even want to go into science, but instead wants to take a religious studies course if she makes it to college.

Shit like that infuriates me, especially when people complain that there isn't enough women in STEM, when my friend was chosen solely on the fact that she is a woman.
>>
>>7760670
>I can't help being unfocused all the time and not putting work or interest in the things I do! I was just born this way see! What do you mean I wasn't? You're baiting, troll!

Frankly, it's for your own good to tell you to stop hiding behind made up shit and take responsibility for yourself. Fucking grow up and start working hard.
>>
>>7760681
http://www.pnas.org/content/112/17/5360.abstract
Women simply deserve it more
>>
>>7760689
>penis.org
>>
>>7760482
>caring about high school
What?
>>
Marking programming coursework for uni.
Comment on one assignments (which are anonymous) that the work is lacking and to see me in my office hours.
Turns out to be the only female in my class.
She makes a formal complaint that I singled her out due to her gender.
I repeat, the work is numbered, not named.
Ffs.
>>
>>7760482
none, i dropped out of high school and skipped as much as possible before that. now i'm a semester from graduating in a rigorous stem program with a 4.0 gpa. so mostly you could say that i've gotten the results i've deserved in both cases.
>>
>>7760681
Those offers are usually bullshit. Basically they ask for a large sum of money and you go to a shitty camp and read through a huge packet and don't do anything cool. I got the one that had Buzz Aldrin's name plastered all over it too, and it wasn't anything cool.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only criterion for getting those offers is getting a high SAT/ACT/PSAT score. You should ask her what her score was, I'm willing to bet it was higher than yours.
>>
>>7760973
This is probably right considering I didn't take the PSAT at all last year, but she didn't get a very good score. Thanks for the notice about the program though, I'll just try to test out of classes and excel in my work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.