[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do with a Bachelor's in psychology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

What can I do with a Bachelor's in psychology?
>>
>>7760320
You are now qualified to work at Starbucks. Someday you might even make the coffee.
>>
>>7760320
Qualified to understand why you regret your decision in education.

Alternatively, you can try to justify your choice. Abusive parents, low iq, desire to copulate with children.
>>
File: science-degrees.jpg (193KB, 900x439px) Image search: [Google]
science-degrees.jpg
193KB, 900x439px
>>7760320
Try to analise how you feel about graduating in the most oversaturated meme degree in human history.
>>
Well you can go to medical school if you do the pre med route of psychology but besides that not much else besides jobs which require higher education which even then only leads to mostly mediocre jobs besides a few exceptions. So really it depends on how smart you are and how far you plan on going education wise. If you want, I could tell you more about some of the higher education jobs available or how psychology degrees fit into pre med.
>>
>>7760365

Holy crap, how come there's so many business management majors? Do people really expect to come out of it being able to magically run a business just because they think they can be Steve Jobs?
>>
>>7760387
Yeah if you want to!

I've been thinking about taking a break year working in a special ed classroom to make money for grad school/decide on a definitive career trajectory.
>>
>>7760397
They expect a middle management job. They get it, but roughly at half the salary they deluded themselves into thinking it is.

It's 40-60k salaries. Which in fairness is much more than teachers, sociologists, psychology graduates etc. make.
>>
>>7760398
That could be a good idea but I hear plenty of stories of people who just continue that line of work since they cannot get back into the groove of school, which might not be a bad thing. What is your GPA? And have you done any research with professors?

If you haven't started doing research then I highly suggest you focus on that more than anything. If your GPA is high enough with lots of research hours and a few papers it would also be better to apply to a PH.D/Psy.D. program so you can have access to better jobs like clinic, research and neuropsychologist. Also, PH.D./Psy.D. programs can pay you for things such as TA positions or just straight up scholarships. Many people call an acceptance without funding a light refusal in doctorate programs. But do realize how hard and soul crushing a PH.D. program is and decide if that is for you.

If not, a masters program will generally not be funded but you can still have access you relatively good job with pays ranging around mid 40s to mid 60s as compared to the PH.D. required jobs which will generally have a median income at around six figures. It would generally be much better to get a masters than to stay with a bachelors were jobs related to the field are around mid 30s.

As far as the medical school route goes which is what I am doing, it helps you stand out from the crowd and get in lots of research hours but unless you actually want to become an M.D. there's not much point in talking about it.
>>
>>7760320
you will most likely get a job faster than all the physicist wannabe virgins that pester this awful board
>>
>>7760429
I have a 3.1 and have been doing research w/ the head of the department for a year and a half. I've been really depressed throughout college, which kinda fucked my GPA.

Just trying to gauge my options at this point... thanks for the advice!
>>
>>7760331
>>7760354
>>7760365
Top kek
>>
>>7760524
Are you in debt?
>>
>>7760320

Take your choice:
1) greeter at Walmart
2) counter help at McDonalds
3) elementary school janitor
>>
File: 1415204415633.gif (280KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1415204415633.gif
280KB, 400x388px
>>7760365
I'm going into forensics, what am I in for?
>>
>>7760365
source?
>>
ramazzander
>>
>>7761247
no
>>
My sister graduated with Psychology and now she's working as an office assistant at an adoption center.
>>
File: DrPhil.aspx.jpg (29KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
DrPhil.aspx.jpg
29KB, 700x394px
>>7760320
>What can I do with a Bachelor's in psychology?
Host a TV show.
>>
File: 1451718999914.gif (3MB, 336x178px) Image search: [Google]
1451718999914.gif
3MB, 336x178px
>>7760320
Write a really good explanation as to why, in your suicide note.
>>
>>7760320
> What can I do with a Bachelor's in psychology?

Nothing, the psychology they teach you in college is watered down bullshit.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.