[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sci help me. >think i'm smarter than everyone. >Know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (310KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
310KB, 1024x768px
Sci help me.
>think i'm smarter than everyone.
>Know at the same time that i'm an idiot for believing i'm smarter than everyone.
>Still constantly find myself looking down upon others as though they're dumber than me.
This drives me crazy to the point of wanting to end my shit.
This can't be due to me browsing sci since it's been going on for a long time. Is there any way to cure cognitive dissonance?
>>
Drugs it is.
>>
Find some sort of math/science competition to undertake so you have an objective measure of how your intelligence compares to others.
>>
>>7759261
Put yourself in an environment where you are challenged by like-minded individuals. You then will have a more steady view of your own intelligence, even doubt it.
>>
>>7759282
You don't understand sir. i'm ducking retarded. I probably have an iq of around 100. I want to become smarter but at the same time love being a dumbass and actually fear becoming too smart to a degree. I probably tell myself this to justify my stupidity and unwillingness to learn and become smarter . It's an unwinnable game. Hopefully the conspiracy theorists are correct in their prediction of world ww3 occurring this year. Fuck this planet for not being technologically advanced enough to make me a god. Diagnose me.
>>
Do more proofs. One of my profs said the "pf" in proofs is the sound of egos deflating.

Or just realize that everyone else is probably better than you at a lot of other things.
>>
>>7759261

Don't worry, OP. You're smarter than 50% of everyone else on Earth.

That's a lot of peeps.
>>
>>7759307
IQ of 100 doesn't make you a retard. That's the average human intelligence, and it's a bell curve so most people are close to average.

Your problem sounds more like laziness though. Nobody is born good at smart people things like math and chess, they get good through lots of practice. Pick a skill you want to be good at, work really hard, and you'll be much better at it than most people.
>>
>>7759261
this is normal, average people think they're smarter than just about everybody and when they see somebody who is demonstrably smarter they always justify it with "yeah but I'm better in these areas"

its just male ego
>>
>>7759261
Don't cure cognitive dissonance, cause as much cognitive dissonance as possible. It'll teach you that you don't know it all, and there are multiple viewpoints that are all valid in some way. Or maybe it's just that none of them are valid at all. Read the Illuminatus! Trilogy, or if you don't want to put up with 900 pages of stupid antics, read Cosmic Trigger I.

>>7759615
This. Learn a skill. Pick one that nearly nobody does so that it looks more impressive. I can juggle 4 balls. It's not hard to do, but it makes me better at juggling than 99% of the population.
>>
File: ON364.jpg (211KB, 808x719px) Image search: [Google]
ON364.jpg
211KB, 808x719px
>>7759261
>>
>>7760591
I know very well that i'm an idiot and made it clear that i'm not smart so i don't know why you think this cartoon is relevant. Unless you also happen to be a dumbass like me and as a result lack reading comprehension. I feel better knowing that there is at least one person here that's dumber than me. Thank you anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.