[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black holes as mirrors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: schwplain_626.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
schwplain_626.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
From an external perspective, is there a near perfect image of the whole surrounding universe near every black hole's event horizon?
How "lossy" is such an image? Does spaghettification (etc) distort it very much?
>>
Are black holes perfect circles?
>>
File: Jet.jpg (60KB, 496x502px) Image search: [Google]
Jet.jpg
60KB, 496x502px
>>7758812
No, there's turbulence on the event horizon's surface.
Possibly strongly governed by a type of fluid dynamics.
>>
>black hole fluid dynamics

i don't even wanna imagine what the math looks like
>>
black holes dont exist so its pointless to speculate about them
>>
File: iPhoneUpload.jpg (1MB, 3680x2932px) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload.jpg
1MB, 3680x2932px
>>7758822
Something like this. Not too bad.
>>
>>7758844
What is the book?
>>
>>7758997
http://www.amazon.com/Gauge-Gravity-Duality-Foundations-Applications/dp/1107010349/
>>
Nevah forg3trah mom sppaghrtta.
>>
pls answer
>>
File: vortex_in_vortex_out.gif (36KB, 398x376px) Image search: [Google]
vortex_in_vortex_out.gif
36KB, 398x376px
>>7758812

perfect spheres aka toroids
>>
>is there a near perfect image of the whole surrounding universe near every black hole's event horizon?
Is there?
>>
No. Why would there be?
>>
Sounds pretty dumb
>>
>>7759985
Are you not familiar with the time dilation near the event horizon?
>>
Since an external observer never sees an infalling object cross the event horizon, isn't there an eternal image of all the matter the black hole has attracted near its event horizon? Have I understood something very wrong?
The same applies to light, right?
>>
Shouldn't this be relatively simplistic for you to answer, /sci/?
>>
Go on /sci/ and shed some light on this interesting topic.
>>
Why aren't you answering this simple question, /sci/?
>>
The data gets ripped to pieces. The incoming light already becomes an unreadable soup of photons before it enters the event horizon.
>>
>>7762466
Theoretically, can there exist such a stable, lone black hole that preserves the data?
If the flow of infalling matter has stopped a long time ago, will the turbulence quiet down?
>>
>>7761631

No it would appear to fade away after a period of time

The inside of a event horizon would be horrifically bright and probably fry you. Not that anyone would know
>>
The point in the space near a black hole when the gravity tear your body apart is close enough to the black hole that the time will be so slowed down that the entire universe will end (even the black hole)?

If this is true the black hole wouldn`t kill you,just time travel you foward to the end of the black hole(or the universe)

I wanna do that!
>>
>>7763507
>time will be so slowed down that the entire universe will end (even the black hole)?
Wouldn't it be the entire universe EXCEPT the black hole?
Can we consider the temporal perspective of a black hole?
>>
>>7762566
There were some papers released which postulate extractly that. Some are still in peer preview. It's fairly interesting: one paper suggests, that information just hoards on the event horizon and nothing falls "into" the black hole (that's an old theory of susskind and now it was "reanimated" by hawking)

An other paper tries to destroy the information paradox and states, that information is NOT destroyed after the event horizon but I don't remember what the argument was.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.