[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the current scientific consensus on the whole gender/sex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: gender.jpg (214KB, 958x729px) Image search: [Google]
gender.jpg
214KB, 958x729px
What's the current scientific consensus on the whole gender/sex distinction?
>>
Genetically defined sexual characteristics which are both physical phenotypes and due to hormonal base hormonal levels are the best predictors of phenomenological gender behaviour, only hormone levels can arguably be changed without destroying the organism. Sex and therefore gender is then mostly genetic.

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/32/11252.short
http://www.psypost.org/2015/08/sex-does-matter-key-molecular-process-in-brain-is-different-in-males-and-females-36611
>Neuroscientists have found an intrinsic biological difference between males and females in the molecular regulation of synapses in the hippocampus

According to research posted in the Behavioural Neuroscience journal, estrogen levels affects spatial reasoning skills.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-15725/The-real-reason-women-read-maps.html

Women suck and need men to keep them from literally tearing themselves apart:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
>>
>>7757651
>daily mail
You're making it incredibly hard to take you seriously.
>>
>>7757628
>What's the current scientific consensus on the

What a nice read anon, thank you.

Now that we know that all women groups are inherently inferior I wonder.

What is more efficient? All male groups, 50/50 groups or some other distribution of males and females?

If only butthurt feminists would be kicked out of academia so that sociologists could actually carry out this kind of research. It very well could be that a 50/50 distribution is ideal but we won't ever know because feminists are stagnating progress.
>>
>>7757680
Sorry, I meant to quote >>7757651
for the article about the all women company.
>>
>>7757672
The second research article is not available for free and I know the type of faggot to post ITT won't have access so I avoided "that" debate and posted to news article.
>>
File: julianassrage.jpg (26KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
julianassrage.jpg
26KB, 480x288px
>>7757672
>>
>>7757680
Well the most successful companies are in the oil and electronics industries which are mostly male.

I don't think females should be 0% or even less than 50%, but it's clear that a masculine culture is inherently superior if you want a successful company.
>>
>>7757700
I also believe that but that is exactly why I wish there was solid research on this. Speculating is just not as satisfying as being able to quote cold and hard statistics to silence a dumb slut.

Anyways, when I've worked with women the thing I have first in my mind is that I want to fuck them. I think about how should I do certain things to impress them so that I get to fuck them. Also, wanting to fuck them drives me to listen to whatever their opinion on what should be done is and I only ever interrupt them if they get really really stupid.

Does this make it better to work with women or worse? How much does having my cock hard lower my efficiency?

Then again, when I work with men I am also driven to do good and impress them to keep up. In any competetive environment men seem to improve really fucking fast and if you get left behind you will be seen as a total retard. I am also driven to listen to them because I better absorb all the ideas they have so that I can keep up with them.
>>
>>7757708
>to silence a dumb slut.
This shows you've never even tried.

Trying to convince or expand the minds of certain types of women is not possible in most cases. It's more a heuristic aided attempt to find your way through a maze, and eventually it comes down to brute force. Try everything until something works, or drop it outright and refuse to speak of it again.

They just don't, and they just won't. It's really that simple. They don't give a shit about research or statistics, no matter the source. Either it was done by the patriarchy, it is only that way because of the patriarchy, or is generated by internalized misogyny or whatever the term of the month is.

The modern woman's biggest threat is feminism itself. I've seen a lot of abuse in my life, and feminists to the non-converted is right up there.
>>
>>7757700
Could it be partly due to being in the oil and electronic industry?
>>
>>7757742
Shush, women suck and context doesn't matter.

You could open up a small store on the outskirts of a rural area, and have only men working in it. It would naturally rival the profits of the oil industry. The moment you add even a single woman though... the effect disappears. It becomes a normal store. Your oil industry level profits and 200k/yr salary disappears.

This is a well kept secret.
>>
>>7757744
sounds like a straw man. If you were to ask me to start a business and said "you can have ten random well educated dudes or ten random well educated women" i would pick ten random well educated dudes. the hierarchy is established pretty easily and settled through force most of the time. women will snipe at each other for years and years because they never hit hard enough to cause a deterrent. there's a greater cost for a man to fight another man, and so disputes are settled quicker.

source: i have four sisters and three brothers.
>>
>>7757708
>when I've worked with women the thing I have first in my mind is that I want to fuck them
I never understood this and I am a straight male. Why are most males so obsessed with sex? I don't think everyone should be asexual but there is no need to be so desperate for a pussy.
>>
>>7757762
>I never understood this and I am a straight male.

From my interactions with males there seems to be a big difference in the amount you crave sex.

When I was in high school I told my friends that I would masturbate at least 3 times a day. They were horrified because they said that at most they did once a day sometimes went days without doing it.

I just made fun of them telling them their penises were not as powerful as mine and would probably have erectile disfunction by their 20s.

>Why are most males so obsessed with sex?
I love ass and titties man.

>desperate for a pussy.
It is not being desperate. It is not like I actively search for sex but instead I keep an attitude that is more likely to yield sex in the long term.

Like, if you are with a woman you should always try to show your good side. Tell the good jokes, show that you are good at getting shit done and all of that. Not to fuck her that moment but to have her consider you as a sexual partner.

Then you fuck her and never talk to her again.
>>
File: Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg (113KB, 1000x624px) Image search: [Google]
Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg
113KB, 1000x624px
>>7757751
>source
>>
>>7757744
>disgusting shill
you're strawmanning hard, the anon posted a piece of anecdotal evidence which establishes that in the oil and electronic industry, who're in themselves are nothing but companies, a masculine culture or atleast male domination is vital for the succes of said companies. This correlation of course does not in itself imply a causation, but claiming that this argument fails due to context and not lack of research is plain wrong. You should've stated that it's merely anecdotal evidence and needs more research to be accepted as fact, by saying it's about "context", you're implying that either the anon is plain wrong, even though you haven't provided any form of counterevidence, and on top of that, the statement "shush, women suck" implies that people agreeing with the argument of anon are stupid and by agreeing to the argument must inherently think that women suck which creates a false dilemma, or that there are contexts of corporations in which female domination or atleast feminine culture is superior to masculine culture, could you provide any such corporation?
If not then your argument is even weaker than his anecdotal evidence, which makes you an utter retard
>>
>>7757751
>>7757824
>strawman
It was more of not much of anything. Somewhat of a joke.

I like applying strange logical systems things as though it really works that way. I like the idea of objects and "states" that exhibit strange properties.

There is no agenda. There is no goal. This is an, albeit understandable, illusion based on your expectations and a degree of tunnel vision. I apologize for unnecessarily riling anyone.
>>
>>7757708
>How much does having my cock hard lower my efficiency?
A lot, the sexual area of the brain literally shuts down the area responsible for logic when you are horny. It takes A LOT for that to not happen.

It's one of the main reasons why putting women in the army is a terrible idea.
>>
>>7757628
Species need gender in order to better mutate and adapt to their environments.

Nothing else really matters much even if Bill wants to dress up like Sally and have his dick sliced up and shoved up inside him so he can trick Carl into fucking his man pussy simply because Bill has issues with is parents.
>>
>>7757779
>Then you fuck her and never talk to her again.
Sounds like some species I've read about. You know, the ones that just eats and shits everywhere and fucks and generally doesnt get anything done, EVER. Not the kind of stuff we want to be around I think. Yes, they generally breed themselves to death and leave wastelands of depleted environments.
>>
>>7757779
>Tell the good jokes, show that you are good at getting shit done and all of that. Not to fuck her that moment but to have her consider you as a sexual partner.
But why do this just to fuck her? why not act like she's your colleague and you have shit that needs to be done?
>>
male and female with fluctuating hormonal levels
>>
>>7757628
Sex is XY or XX chromosomes.

Gender is the your adherence to your societies idea of man and woman, founded on sex.

If sex is sound, gender is language. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, I do not understand why people in general can't understand this.
>>
>>7758692
But do you agree that gender is highly related to sex? As in you men have some common activities, woman too and LGBTQRSZA are not the norm?
>>
>>7758704
Obviously. Males who masculinize properly are stronger than females, so strength is associated with men. Females have more fluctuating hormones which causes their emotions to be less stable than males, so being emotional is associated with women despite males and females being incredibly emotion-driven beings. Those physical traits are translated into social concepts. Strength becomes practicality, men are encouraged to keep their hair short and wear clothes that do not restrict their bodies. Females make babies, so nurturing is associated with women. Contrasts between the two create boundaries, since men are strong and hard, women are supposed to be soft and weak, which establishes gender roles. These ideas are then assigned to almost all aspects of life. This leads to things like governments who don't allow women to drive, or force men into conscription. Gender is a complex social construct based on biological sex for the purpose of differentiating humans just as language is a complex social construct based on vocalization, gestures and body language for the purpose of communication.
>>
>>7757628
>What's the current scientific consensus on the whole gender/sex distinction?
The normal chains go like this:

You have XY gonosomes → You have a cock between your legs → You are a male → You think like a male → You behave like a male
You have XX gonosomes → You have a pussy between your legs → You are a female → You think like a female → You behave like a female

Any instance that contradicts the above chains is called an anomaly.

Source: Every fucking non-SJWtarded biology book in existence.
>>
>>7758722
>You behave like a male
How does a male behave?
>>
>>7758740
By calling you a faggot who doesn't even know how males behave. Faggot.
>>
hormones dictate how your brain develops

males who are female on the inside are only emulating what they think female behavior is

eg long hair, high pitched voice, long nails, etc.

they can't actually think like a female, unless they are given hormone replacement therapy from an extremely early age (infant)
>>
>>7758750
It's a serious question. Most males nowadays are pathetic cucks.
>>
>>7758756
This is incorrect. Hormones influence thought, they do not control thought. Gender roles and behaviors are almost entirely emulated from others, when girls act feminine it is because they are emulating what they think female behavior is. If a male wants to emulate feminine behavior, he's doing the same thing.

Children before puberty have similar hormones levels, as in virtually no sex hormones (testosterone, estrogen).

I was under the assumption that this thread was about the distinction of sex and gender, not the validity of transgender and intersex people.
>>
>>7758769
sex and gender are interchangable, why wouldnt they be?

they are synonyms in all dictionaries.
>>
>>7758758
Most males throughout history have been some form of cuck, they chose something to believe in and stood by it. Males today might be tricked into thinking what they are defending is just, but if you can get them to believe in something else they'd fill their role.
>>
>>7758774
Because until 110 years ago, we didn't know that sex chromosomes determined gender. As our knowledge of gender grew, it became necessary to break it down into baser concepts and expand meaning the same way that is done in every other field of knowledge. How can you not see the purpose of that when you're browsing what it supposed to be a science board?
>>
>>7758778
because science says sex and gender are the same thing, and so do dictionaries

if these things arent scientific, then what is, wishful thinking?
>>
File: 1451714604488.jpg (17KB, 473x333px) Image search: [Google]
1451714604488.jpg
17KB, 473x333px
>>7758779
Actually you're completely wrong. The Oxford English Dictionary published sex and gender as distinct concepts as early as 1963. Just because something was believed in the past doesn't make it factually correct now, an important aspect of science is that it adapts to new knowledge and understanding of a concept.

If sex and gender are indistinct, that would make intersex women with xy chromosomes, born with female reproductive organs, men instead of women. Making a distinction between sex and gender allows for more accurate classification of humans.
>>
>>7757628
>gender/sex distinction

>sex
male/female
penis/vagina
testes/ovaries
prostate/womb
pretty simple, every child understands what sex is

>gender
lots of empty buzzwords and meaningless talk by people who live to hear themselves talk. disregard it, and nothing of value is lost.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.