[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pseudo-code in math paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1425362854193.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1425362854193.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>pseudo-code in math paper
>>
Just squint a bit and it's Python
>>
>>7755929
Algorithms are the only relevant result of all mathematical endeavors.
>>
>should have chosen a particular language
You're right, it's pretty important to alienate the vast majority of poeple who don't use that language daily and so have to look up what stuff means.
>>
Just invent your own wagon wheels and claim that you have a formula of everything
>>
>>7755973
>"there's too many different ones"
>"there's like ....3052 different ones, this is crazy!"
>"we should make a single one and have it standardized"

>...8 months later
>3053 different ones
>>
File: 1451416989584.jpg (260KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1451416989584.jpg
260KB, 449x1197px
>>7755975
>>
>>7755930
under appreciated text, friendo
>>
What is lambda Calculus.
>>
File: kebabjustforyou.jpg (21KB, 370x369px) Image search: [Google]
kebabjustforyou.jpg
21KB, 370x369px
>>7755937
>he doesn't use C++ for everything
>>
>>7755929
>has trouble turning pseudo-code into regular code
anyone with programming skills worth a damn should have no trouble with this.
>>
>>7755975
you got that from xkcd
>>
>>7756487
>you need progamming skills to falsify science
k
also sometimes they use "black box functions" that they code in-house and that are available nowhere.

example I ran into: you need to go over a loop of 10000!, and in each one you need the size of an mpeg-1 video file made of two frames.
Reading mpeg-1 is easy. But writing it? Fuck me.
Had to take the same principle and use a supported video format.
Could never test what was actually in the paper.
>>
>>7756531
I don't even know what xkcd is, but it is a very common engineering joke about different types of screw heads.
>>
>>7755932
Everything ends up (necessarily) being used in algorithms (otherwise you can't do anything with it), so technically that's right.
>>7755929
I don't understand your issue with that. If it's short, pseudo code makes the most sense. (otherwise you're spending a lot of time on interfaces and initialization and libraries and crap that's not relevant)
>>
>>7756572
>I don't even know what xkcd is

gr8 b8 desu senpai
>>
>>7756531
You do realize that the author just copies most of jokes from what he heard in academia right?
>>
>>7756561
Just e-mail and ask an author for the code idiot. The corresponding author list is there for a reason.

Also yes you do need to be able to code, what you're doing is the same as whining that the author's didn't give you the sequence of buttons to press on a particular calculator model.
>>
>>7756561
You can calculate large factorials analogous to how you do it by hand for each digit using dynamic lists.
Pretty easy function to write.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.