[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

math class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pre-requisites_for_calculus_one.png (36KB, 942x180px) Image search: [Google]
pre-requisites_for_calculus_one.png
36KB, 942x180px
Which of these should I take before Calculus 1? What would I be missing?

I would be taking 022 and 026 together during the same semester.

021, I don't need to take as I test out of it by a mile, but is the prerequisite for 041.

Am I cucking myself by taking the one 041 class or should I take 022/026 together to have a solid review? 041 would only be 4 credits while 022/026 would be 6 credits.

>inb4 /adv/
this is fucking math related. /adv/ is literally a relationship advice board. You guys can help me more than any other board on what math these classes teach will be relevant to the typical Calculus 1 class.
>>
Why are you learning middle school math in college?

We literally did this stuff in the grade 7.
>>
>>7754931
a-anon pls... it has been 3 years s-since my last math class... help me
>>
are you a failed business major turned engineering major?
>>
>>7754961
I'm a first semester freshman who never took Calculus in high school because of the education system. :(
>>
Just ignore these shitty "You must take x maths by x age" faggots. I'm a chem/ math double major and I started with college algebra.
>>
>>7754999
As for your question 022 and 026 sounds more rigorous, and it looks likes 022 includes everything in 021, and the lines, circles, and stuff are covered in college algebra, but trig isn't, so I would go with 022 and 026
>>
>>7754970
OOOH BOO HOO THE EDUCATION SYSTEM

fuck off retard
>>
>>7754922
Take them all or you'll be fucked.
>>
>>7755037
>telling OP to fuck off his own thread
makes sense
>>
>>7754922
By the descriptions, 41 looks like a single course of 22 and 26. I'd just take those two at the same time. Those are also what I covered in my Algebra and Trig classes if it helps alleviate you at all.

And like another anon said, just ignore the asses who are mocking you for taking these classes in college.
>>
>>7754999
>not starting with the greeks
>>
>>7754922
Do you realize that kids in Europe learn this before they are 14?

Americans confirmed for dumbest people.
>>
>>7754970
What math class did you end at?
>>
Ignore the people in this thread OP. That said, if you haven't done math in 3 years, you should make sure to brush up on your own before any classes (Khan Academy). Honestly, 22 and 26 look like the better combo for Calculus preparation, the functions being covered in there tend to come up more often, and all of Trigonometry is very important.

Also some friendly advice. Make sure you do really learn this stuff well. The majority of people who have trouble with Calculus are the people who didn't get all the stuff covered in these types of courses the first time around. When studying, focus on understanding, not just getting the right answer. Like if you can solve a problem, but you don't know why that solution works, you are fucking yourself over. If you are memorizing lots of things, you are fucking yourself over. This stuff is not hard to learn well if you put the effort in, just don't be lazy, and you'll do very well. Good luck!
>>
>>7754922
You should be able to to just go straight into calculus. Brush up on some algebra and arithmetic and your trig on places like khan academy or youtube lectures. The first half of calc I involves a lot of concept ideas with how to use limits and finding derivatives, which are fairly easy to grasp if you pay attention. The second half involves how log functions and higher level geometry play into calculus as you start to use anti-derivatives and integrals (trigonometry is essential). As long as you focus on your math, you can take calculus with no issues.
>>
>>7754931
>>7755308
It doesn't make your dick bigger, you know.
>>
>>7754922
Come back once you've graduated high school
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.