[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reverse Polish Notation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (27KB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27KB, 276x260px
What's the point of it?
>>
>>7752930

More logical
>>
Eliminates the need for parentheses.
>>
>>7752950
/thread
>>
File: Kielbasas.jpg (437KB, 999x868px) Image search: [Google]
Kielbasas.jpg
437KB, 999x868px
>>7752930

It tastes good, what more do you need
>>
But doesn't the nuisance value of having to translate problems from textbook outweigh the benefits?
>>
>>7752961
>problems from textbook
yes all of math has been developped to write textbooks.
In fact the jews control mathematics because they want exclusive rights to textbook publication and sell them to retarded american kids $400 a piece.
To keep selling more, they made them mandatory and are now selling textbooks at the PhD level.
>>
I did a Msci Maths degree in a Russell group university (UK equivalent of Ivy League) and never met RPN once. Is this a US thing?
>>
>>7752989

You never took abstract algebra? The UK has really gone 3rd world...
>>
Because the operator comes last, you have no issues with operator precedence, so there's no need for parentheses.

With regular infix notation, the meaning of an operator depends on a later part of the expression and you have to use the shunting-yard algorithm to parse it instead of a simple stack like with RPN.
>>
Did abstract algebra, no RPN. Mainly group and ring theory.

Thanks for responses, I'm going to play around with RPN and see how it goes
>>
File: noequals.jpg (4KB, 111x111px) Image search: [Google]
noequals.jpg
4KB, 111x111px
>>7752950
and eliminates a silly key
>>
File: DSC_7247.jpg (2MB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7247.jpg
2MB, 2144x1424px
>>7752930

It is superior, just like pic related is superior to amerifat hot-dogs
>>
>>7752930
It's neat for stack-based programming...
>>
>>7752950
Not the reverse one.
>>
>>7753295
/thread
again
>>
>>7753006
what?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.