[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ I think I might be stupid. I've had the thought lingering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1402758709575.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402758709575.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
/sci/ I think I might be stupid. I've had the thought lingering in my mind for a long time. How can I know if I'm stupid? I have a problem with speaking that gives me a strong suspicion that it's true. I have difficulty with communicating complex ideas. I have to take it one idea at a time. All my concentration is going toward one idea and my mind is just completely consumed with how to articulate it. All my mental functions are basically just focused on one thing which is articulation. When I see other people speak it seems they can hold multiple ideas in their head simultaneously and are processing what they'll say next while they're speaking.

I can give an example. A normal person is asked a series of questions, say four questions, each question on different subjects. That normal person retains all of those questions and goes over them and seamlessly to the next subject, one after another and draws on relations between the answers. They might forget one question out of the four.

Now if that happens to me and I get asked four questions. I'll be so consumed by the first question that I forget the rest of them much less be able to process the relations between each question.
>>
Thinking before speaking is not stupidity.

>seems they can hold multiple ideas in their head simultaneously and are processing what they'll say next while they're speaking.
They can't and they aren't. They may have a vague notion of whatever it may be they are talking about floating in their mind, but you can be sure that they are not structuring their answer in any way.
>>
File: Untitled.png (197KB, 1177x767px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
197KB, 1177x767px
I just took an online IQ test here
http://iqtest.dk/main.swf
Here's my results
>>
>>7752038
Smoke weed or take psychedelic drugs but in huge quantities - you will face your inner fears and if you face them directly - you'll get rid of them forever. Just don't believe anything else you think you understand while high because they're delusions.
>>
>>7752199
That's pretty bad, mate. Your only hope is hard work and diligence. People will tend to neglect your communication skills as long as you have something reasonable to say.
>>
>>7752199
Dude, you are average, not stupid. Most people who think you are stupid are stupid in more intelligent people, and those are stupid in even smarter peoples eyes.
>>
>>7752546
>average is 100
I really overestimated the intelligence of people, I thought having an IQ of 132 meant that I was just average and was nothing to be proud of.

Still nothing to be proud of because it's just the hand I was dealt but still.
>>
>>7752559
the IQ scale is defined with 100 being average, always
>>
>>7752038
got 100, see your not dumb OP unless that means your still dumb and im incredibly autistic
>>
File: 1430011531523.jpg (136KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430011531523.jpg
136KB, 1024x1024px
I took an IQ test and got 145 one time, but I highly doubt that considering I'm just some lame faggot.
OP, so long as you are able to grasp the fact that you're not a genius, then you're probably just having some cognitive dissonance and overcoming the idea that despite everything you're parents and teachers told you when you were young, you're not a genius, and are most likely just slightly above average.
I've met some dumb motherfuckers in my time, and when I would talk to people in my high school classes who were supposed to be the smart ones, I would still find myself just thinking that they probably just do their homework more often than everyone else. Most of the people you come across in your life will not be very smart, nor will you be able to pick up on whether or not they are.
It seemed like a tradeoff with may of the people in high school. The ones who always raised their hands to answer questions and shit in my math class were some of the most annoying and vacuous people I've ever spoken to, and some of the people who were in remedial classes, or just didn't give two fucks about anything could actually form an opinion or have a conversation with you.

tl;dr, you're not as dumb as you think you are, and the people you see as smart are not as smart as you think they are.
>>
>>7752559
>having an IQ of 132 meant that I was just average

That would be average for /sci/ and STEM schools.
>>
Well, its actually a difficult question. The sick eye cant see itself being sick. You have some explanation of this with the Dunning-Kruger effect, and to answer you, the mentally retarded normally dont know they are mentally retarded, we are not talking about mental retardation here, but you get the idea.
You shouldnt worry much since, normally the stupider you are, the cleverer you think you are, but there are more factors than intelligence in this misconception.
You can try to compare to others but its not going to work. If you want to know how "intelligent" you are just take a real test, not an online one. Although many very gifted people are playing the guitar asking for money at the metro, so dont worry much about it, there are more important atributes, for example will and determination.

On the other hand, people do some things better than others, you maybe dont have enough practice talking or you just have your own ways, that can be better or worse depending on the situation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.