[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here in Mensa? What is it like? Should I try to join?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1024px-Mensa_logo.svg.png (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Mensa_logo.svg.png
93KB, 1024x1024px
Anyone here in Mensa? What is it like? Should I try to join?
>>
>>7747129
Do it, if you're capable of it.
>>
>>7747129
You send money to a company for a card that says "congrats you're smart".

You decide if it''s worth it.
>>
>>7747129

It's like the Boy Scouts for people with high IQ.
>>
>>7747129
If you're really smart try to make the difference in the world we live in... Or just become a billionaire and buy me a cat.
>>
>>7747148
Cats are usually free or really cheap if you adopt one that already has its shots.
>>
>>7747151
oops. I meant car. lol
>>
Hi Anon.
I have a deep respect for wisdom, intelligence, learning, and life experience.
And in my life, I've known* a few people who have been awarded (taken a test by post that they could have cheated on and then paid for - whatever) membership in Mensa.
How did I know they were in Mensa?
They told me.
Always in a way that was either barely appropriate to the context of the conversation or (more often) entirely unnecessary and conspicuously self-aggrandizing.
My 2 cents - let your life, your deeds, and the good cheer that you bring to others be your testimony.

* - I strongly suspect that I may have known/do know other people who are in Mensa, but they are confident enough not to flaunt their intellect.
>>
>>7747160
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what kind of activities they organize?
>>
OP pls read this

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/1996/09/hitchens-199609
>>
>>7747856
Circle jerks, cheezy puzzle solving competitions, and IQ-tests. Even the founder expeessed disappointment with the glorified autist sandbox that Mensa turned out to be.

Mensa is shit and has always been shit. The whole pipe dream was that smart people would join this clubhouse and use their magic smart powers to power a think tank that would tackle various social and other issues. That shit never happened, because it turns out that autists like rearranging penrose tiles and playing Go more more than tackling real, complex issues. Who knew....
>>
Why? It's whole existence is pointless, cringe worthy and pretentious
>>
File: 1421041579238.png (98KB, 594x315px)
1421041579238.png
98KB, 594x315px
>>7747879
Thanks, that and other comments here make it quite clear. What a joke.
>>
>>7747144
this. kek

aced the test, joined, left the same day

if you think you're smart OP, go into maths and break your brain
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.