[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shrooms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: magic-mushrooms.jpg (23KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
magic-mushrooms.jpg
23KB, 307x307px
Tell me about psychedelic mushrooms, guys.

Are they dangerous?

Do they have potential in the medical field?
>>
>>7747034
yes

no
>>
>>7747034
>Are they dangerous?
Not really, don't drive or anything like that though.
>Do they have potential in the medical field?
Maybe?
>>
They can be dangerous. Within the circle of people who use psychedelics it is understood that they can be used to rewire the brain somewhat. Your established perceptions of the reality you have forged throughout your life can be questioned. Some people find this an uncomfortable experience, others just let it take them where it will and yet others use that inherent ability as a tool to repair damage that has been done to their mind, or just to enhance the way they perceive life.

It's largely psychology babble and unfortunately most psychologists are more nuts than their patients.

So they have the potential to be dangerous from a psychological perspective, or to be useful. Physically the psychoactive constituents are not dangerous, however other poisons contained in varieties like the Aminitas and non-psychedelic look alikes do pose risk of serious harm and even death.
>>
>>7747034
>Are they dangerous?
You would have to become way too whacked to physically manage eating more before you could have serious physiological complications, like tissue-damaging vasoconstriction. But there are other ways something can harm you. Set and setting are crucial if you don't want a shitty experience, and doubly so if you have some sort of anxiety disorder or autism. It can be a good idea to have a benzodiazepine or antisychotic on hand to stop the trip if necessary, and the security of having this option available can make the experience less harrowing.

>potential in the medical field?
IIRC some of the more successful migrane treatments involve ergolines or selective ligands for a different serotonin receptor than the trippy (2A) one which were discovered with the diverse binding profiles of psychedelic tryptamines in mind. But shrooms themselves don't really treat any condition and I doubt they're holding much untapped potential in their own right
>>
No

Yes
>>
They can fuck up your brain chemistry, and medical usage is quite limited.
>>
>>7747083
>They can fuck up your brain chemistry
Permanently, no. Acutely, you could say that, after all they change it quite a lot.
>medical usage is quite limited.
Currently, with permissions for study on humans being very difficult to obtain. Do they have LOTS of potential for medical usage? Yes they do. Lots of people succesfully self-medicate with them in non-controlled environments.

Have any of you people on /sci/ used psychedelics for insight in mathematics or the sciences? If so, I'd like to hear. After all you can go all manifold on psychedelics so isn't that a mathematician's wet dream?
>>
A friend of mine was really into him and he's now dead.

In his case he was found in his bedroom one morning with a bullet through his head and his hands tied behind his back.

I don't think the mushrooms caused that.
>>
1. Personally i think the psilocybin will not cause any harm when taken in such small amounts, you would have to be pysically full of them to any degree be in harm. Mentally they could change how you percieve certain, more philosophical things going on in your life, making your decisions and actions different than usual, which might end harmfully in the extreme cases.

2. The benefit i would see is the same as stated before, it can change your train of thought, making you able to be more rational, and put aside those thoghts that may hinder you in your daily life, for people with depression, anxiety and other mentall illnesses. Pysically i dont think it would help that much, though it could make you take action and choose to be more active
>>
>>7747198
I used them for my first and only time to try and study for both my religion and chemistry exams, at first it seemed to not help me at all because i expected a more 'thrilling' experience, but soon enough they kicked in like they were supposed to. I have to say, the religion part had always been easy, im not religious but i understood each viewpoint made in the book. Chemistry was a bit different, i had some visuals that made it a bit harder to focus, but when i started reading out lound rather than in my head it became a breeze, remembering the galvanic corrosion to its smallest detail which was what my 'major part' was in my exam. Might have been a placebo helping me focus more, but i was definately more focused that i usually would be studying

>TLDR, i got 6's or A's in both subjects(Chemistry and Religion)
>>
I've tripped shrooms a few times.
I would honestly recommend it to anyone who is mentally sound and can handle drugs.

Every time I tripped it was fucking wonderful. tripping helped me figure out some difficult problems I was dealing with at the time and changed me for the better. I made a life changing decision from tripping shrooms and I would not be where I am at today without the experience.

9/10 would recommend.
>>
It has the potential for use in medicine. There was a small clinical trial done that showed that it helped advanced-stage terminal cancer patients reduce the anxiety and depression associated with their impending deaths. The moderate dose they received helped them even 6 months after the treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20819978?dopt=Abstract
>>
>>7747469
Psilocybin and LSD definitely helped me with my depression and anxiety. I was a horrible mess and it helped me see the beauty of things again. I still struggle with it sometimes, but it is a lot more manageable.
>>
File: sky_bright.jpg (451KB, 1578x887px) Image search: [Google]
sky_bright.jpg
451KB, 1578x887px
Maybe this is only partly related, but I recently read an article about how some guys at google engineered those psychedelic "deepdream" images by tweaking artificial neural networks, and the association with psychedelic drugs.

https://medium.com/backchannel/inside-deep-dreams-how-google-made-its-computers-go-crazy-83b9d24e66df
>>
>>7747034
A doctor guy posted some quite in depth stuff about them like months ago, search the archives I'm too lazy
>>
>>7747546
That looks pretty damn similar to what I saw looking at the sky on LSD, except it was constantly shifting
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.