[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the speed of our thoughts faster than the speed of light?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: instant transmission.png (332KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
instant transmission.png
332KB, 720x416px
Is the speed of our thoughts faster than the speed of light?
>>
Yes. You should have been taught this in grade one. Fucking retard
>>
>>7745540
False. Retard.
>>
No, it is not. Nerves fire off pretty fast,, yes, but remember they have to convert electrical and chemical energy every step of the way. It happens pretty fast, but not near the speed of light.
>>
>>7745557
>>7745543
I can think that a particle can move from one side of the universe to the other side in one second.
You might have done the same right now.

Hence our thoughts can be faster than the speed of light.
>>
>>7745522
The only thing that can move faster than the speed of light is the speed of dark idiot
>>
>>7745522
No, electrochemical is slower.
>>
>>7745603
That's the speed in our thoughts, not the speed of our thoughts.
40keks though
>>
>>7745557
it is not the individual firing of the neurons that constitutes a thought though
it is beleived to arise from the collective electrical field of the whole brain, which can be thought as a wave and it's fluctuations may be faster than light perhaps
>>
To my knowledge, nerves conduct electricity by:
1) maintaining a voltage difference across the semi-permeable cell membrane (through the action of membrane-spanning protein pumps such as Na/K pump ATPase)
2) Altering this electrical potential difference via membrane-spanning ion channels, which can gated by voltage, ligands, second messengers, et cetera.

Either way, this involves the movement of ions. Ions are particles; they have nuclei which contain a certain mass. Because of this, thoughts cannot possibly move faster than light.
>>
>>7745611
Coincidentally, this is why Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world.
>>
>>7745661
Top kek.
>>
>>7745661
10/10
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.