[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we have facial hair? Why do we have head hair? Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Why do we have facial hair? Why do we have head hair? Why does head hair block our vision naturally? Why is shaving so much more common than wearing a beard, now that we can shave?
>>
>>7744484
head hair is to protect brain from cold
face hair probably to protect breathing, but I dont know why women dont have it then, maybe works as a testosterone indicator for mating?
most body hair is evolutionary leftover, but it is affected by testosterone, maybe an "evolutionary accident" related to beards
>>
DA JOOS
>>
>>7744488
Why do we not have full body hair any more anyway?
>>
>>7744521
not sure if this is correct, but probably because the world got hotter over time due to the greenhouse effect and due tot he fact that things got hotter after the ice age, so it probably became undesirable to be covered in hair on a hot summer day

I have 0 references to back this up though, but, like you, I'm too lazy to look that shit up on google
>>
>>7744484
All the hair in you body is to keep you warm.
That include your head too.
If it block your vision try cutting or combing it.
It's been prroven that shaved face are more attractive but less than well cutted beards. I don't know why, google it.
>>
>>7744571
>If it block your vision try cutting or combing it.
Great advice, never thought of that before
>>
>>7744571
>It's been prroven that shaved face are more attractive but less than well cutted beards. I don't know why, google it.
masculinity and health indicator
>unkempt beard
looks unhealthy, same as how animals with ugly hair look sick
>no beard
looks younger and weaker, still better than sick
>good beard
healthy and strong, true alpha male
>>
Your brain, face and scalp all grow from the ectoderm in general, and a specific part of the ectoderm in particular.

The genes that get up- and down-regulated to cause massive brain growth also cause much of human appearance. Men have more brain growth and hair growth - because the higher levels of hormones that cause the one also cause the other.

This same metabolism causes male-pattern baldness, thick greasy skin, superior muscle and bone strength, and all the other physiological traits of men.

Shaving makes a man look younger.
>>
>>7744571
>All the hair in you body is to keep you warm
Eyebrows and Eyelashes keep sweat/dirt out of your eyes.
Earhair/Nosehair is to keep material out of their respective orifices.
Pubic/Axillary hair is to signal puberty and possibly to aid in pheromone dispersion.
>>
>>7744636
>pheromone dispersion
humans have no pheromones
armpit hair could be there to reduce friction
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.