[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it theoretically possible to make a light saber and how ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: led-lightsaber-role-playing-6.jpg (276KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
led-lightsaber-role-playing-6.jpg
276KB, 1280x960px
Is it theoretically possible to make a light saber and how ?
>>
>>7743634
> theoretically
Yes
>>
>>7743634
You could theoretically make a plasma sword that behaves like one.
>>
Just ask Michio Kaku
>>
>>7743634
Theoretically... Strong enough magnetic fields containing plasma. It wouldnt have a stable "Solid" form and you couldnt fight anything with it. And even if you could you would be evaporated by extreme heat. Not to mention it would require literally tons of supporting gear and extremely potent external powersource.
>>
File: 1857072-beamkatana01.jpg (18KB, 583x640px) Image search: [Google]
1857072-beamkatana01.jpg
18KB, 583x640px
>>7743634
This kind is more doable. You might need to hook it up to a dedicated electrical substation to get it to cut the way you want it to though.
>>
File: StellaratorLead1280x720.jpg (251KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
StellaratorLead1280x720.jpg
251KB, 1280x720px
>>7743691
a complex shape like this is what's needed to contain plasma within a magnetic field

tell me how you keep the plasma from escaping just from whatever's in the handle?

and why aren't nearby metallic objects affected?
>>
>>7743756
your hand would melt from the power just holding it
>>
I think that the real utility of the sword is diminished because no one has the force.

The ability of lightsabers to cut through walls is probably of a lot of interest to the military, however, the machine that does this would probably not look like a sword.
>>
>>7743761
joffe bars or baseball coils with large end plug potentials like a tandem mirror reactor to minimize losses
>>
>>7743634

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/30/star-wars-lightsabers-invented?CMP=twt_gu

Yeeh
>>
>>7743634
It's not practically possible, no. You can make it, yes, but you would never be able to power it or even go near it.
The whole idea is
>use muh force
IRL we don't have that
>>
>>7743765
No, my midichlorians are high.

(And so am I)
>>
>>7743765
>melt
>combustible tissue
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.