[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please no drowning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: denmark.png (111KB, 1032x727px) Image search: [Google]
denmark.png
111KB, 1032x727px
Will Denmark ever flood completely?

Anything I read about sea level rise keeps telling me how countries like Denmark will flood completely long from now.

Does this have any merit?
>>
Somebody with education in this area please respond I am terrified of flooding
>>
>>7741969
Nah man just build some dikes. Source: I live 2m below sea level.
>>
>>7741955

If the Dutch can deal with it so can you.
>>
File: louisiana flooding.jpg (160KB, 651x361px) Image search: [Google]
louisiana flooding.jpg
160KB, 651x361px
>>7741955
Invest in some gondolas and your set.
>>
>>7741978
>>7741976
>>7741992
How can you guys say this?

This is NOW, but what about 30 years from now? What about 60? I'll be dead by sixty, but I do not want for disgusting ASSHOLE saltwater on my grave, floods terrify me

Will technology now still be able to hold off the water? One mistake and it's all gone.
>>
>>7742016
>caring about a meaningless piece of rock once you're long dead

why would you like being a burden on the people who are still alive?
>>
>>7742016
We dutchies got a big flood right after WW2, then strengthened our dikes, been keeping up ever since. It's really not a problem.
>>
>>7742021
I also have potential children to think about and I like the country

>>7742026
>strengthened our dikes
But I see in some websites that Denmark could be flooded COMPLETELY in a century or so, how could dikes possibly stop that?

All it takes is one paki Muslim to blow something up and the water comes rushing into my house

fuck water
>>
>>7742016
Basic hydrostatics wil tell you that the water pressure on a dike is a linear function of the height of the water. Knowing that structures like dykes are designed with big safety margins, you can be pretty damn sure they can withstand a few meters higher sea levels if they are high enough

Groundwater will become a problem though. So there will be floods, but not the apocalyptic movie type.

We'll be mostly fine. It's third world low countries like Bangladesh that are facing serious problems.
>>
>>7742042
Also, that Muslim would need a shitton of explosives to blow up a dike. You ain't packing that shit in a suicide vest. That is assuming Muslims won't get kicked out of Europe (which your leftists are organizing pretty damn well)
>>
>>7742042
>But I see in some websites that Denmark could be flooded COMPLETELY in a century or so, how could dikes possibly stop that?
If the dikes are higher than the sea surface and strong enough, water will not get past the dike. How hard is that to understand?
>>
>>7742047
A team of Muslim explosiveers can destroy Copenhagen

>>7742054
What about when water levels rise to 60m?
>>
>>7742069
>A team of Muslim explosiveers can destroy Copenhagen

Well sure but that's true already. All societies depend on the fact that people generally aren't trying to indiscriminately kill each other.
>>
>>7742069
>What about when water levels rise to 60m?
Then the dikes should be at least 61m just to be sure.
For christs sake do you think the sea is gonna raise even 1 cm overnight? It's a gradual process so you can gradually make your dikes higher.
>>
>>7742072
I mean they can blow up a dike and the water eats Copenhagen
>>
>>7742075
Look man I get it but I just don't see how a dike can be enough when it would take just a few guys with explosives to take a segment down, and an entire city would drown
>>
>>7742091
you're an obnoxious idiot
>thread hidden
>>
>>7742097
fuck you
>>
You think Denmark being underwater is a problem try ever major trade port/metropolis in the world.
>>
http://www.klimatilpasning.dk/vaerktoejer/havvandpaaland/havvand-paa-land.aspx

My father just bought a flat on amager, not the best future investment but the view is nice.
I'm going to find something more inland and on top on a hill, tho.
>>
Dane fag
>>
>>7742202
Try living in Holland, cunt
>>
>>7741955
people in denmark are very smart. they will raise their land levels, too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.