[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Upon starting high school, Feynman was quickly promoted into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

>Upon starting high school, Feynman was quickly promoted into a higher math class and an unspecified school-administered IQ test estimated his IQ at 123[20]—high, but "merely respectable" according to biographer James Gleick;[21] when he turned 15, he taught himself trigonometry, advanced algebra, infinite series, analytic geometry, and both differential and integral calculus.[22] Before entering college, he was experimenting with and deriving mathematical topics such as the half-derivative using his own notation. In high school he was developing the mathematical intuition behind his Taylor series of mathematical operators.

So, based on the above passage, do you have an IQ at or above 123?
>>
IQ doesn't mean much
>>
>>7741726
>he taught himself trigonometry, advanced algebra, infinite series, analytic geometry, and both differential and integral calculus.
I did this too, it's not very impressive and doesn't mean you're particularly clever.

>Before entering college, he was experimenting with and deriving mathematical topics such as the half-derivative using his own notation. In high school he was developing the mathematical intuition behind his Taylor series of mathematical operators.
I didn't do this because I was too busy hustling.
>>
>>7741735
Why haven't you gotten a Nobel yet?
>>
File: 1432963471643.png (58KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1432963471643.png
58KB, 436x425px
>>7741726
americans undergrads still jerking off on quantified ''intelligence''

top pleb
>>
>>7741744
I'm not 47 years old yet m8
>>
>>7741735
>I'm as smart as Feynman I was just smart but lazy"
>>
File: watermelon2.jpg (28KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon2.jpg
28KB, 550x367px
>>7741744
Nobel for math?
>>7741758
He literally said he hustled. Yet you say he is lazy for some random reason.

>>7741726
>trigonometry
>advanced algeba
>infinite series
>analytic geometry
>both differential and integral calculus
So he basically opened a serious math book(instead of all the dilluted shit for shekels you get today) when he was 15.
>deriving mathematical topics such as the half-derivative using his own notation.
Just by asking yourself questions once you have learned baby tier analysis you get yourself into what people consider to be advanced spooky math. Half-derivatives are specifically easy though.
>taylor series
>of mathematical operators
What is a Taylor Series Of Mathematical Operators again...? Do you even know what the fuck you just wrote
>>
>>7741794
>I-I'll make the Feynman fans angry
>Hehe. They'll never know what hit them
>>
My IQ is 115
>>
>>7741726
my iq is 122
what can a nigga do
>>
>>7741731

>said the man with a low IQ
>>
>>7741726
More proof that IQ tests are a flawed proxy measure for g-factor
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 260x194px
>>7741726
People who brag about their I.Q. are deficient in many ways. Underdeveloped ego, seeking validation and generally acting like victims.

Have fun with your high I.Q. and lack of knowledge. Idiots.
>>

>That feel when you are only capable of knowing how dumb you are.
>>
File: 1339211144513.png (4KB, 290x270px) Image search: [Google]
1339211144513.png
4KB, 290x270px
>>7741726
>when he turned 15, he taught himself trigonometry, advanced algebra, infinite series, analytic geometry, and both differential and integral calculus.

When I was 15, I was too busy being addicted to World of Warcraft to care about my academic future.
>>
>>7741913
We've all been there bro.
>>
>>7741903
>>7741913
W-we're gonna make it though. Right?
>>
>>7741913
tfw my addiction was FFXI circa 2004-2007.
>>
all my friends who went to good STEM magnet schools learned more than that before graduation
some of them learned stuff like complex variables, linear algebra, advanced recurrence stuff, etc. during hs as well
it's not out of the ordinary at all to learn that stuff if you go to a good high school
>>
>>7741913
>tfw I beat my WoW addiction within a year of it forming
now I study engineering at a top uni

imagine what could have been if you hadn't been such limp dicked faggots. seriously guys, you missed out.
>>
>>7741794

>What is a Taylor Series Of Mathematical Operators again...? Do you even know what the fuck you just wrote

It's easy you pleb.

Just take any infinite series, and replace x's with derivative operators.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.