[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /sci/ culture so shit? A lot of the people on here seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: consider.jpg (16KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
16KB, 300x226px
Why is /sci/ culture so shit? A lot of the people on here seem to be a hypercompetitive striver faggots. The most successful professors and students I know are chill and relaxed, while the only people I run into regularly with the same "hardcore" attitude /sci/ has are middling grad students and aspergers undergrads who would rather graduate with a 4.0 and their virginity intact than with a 3.8 and years of memories with great friends.
>>
>>7741106

I figure the demographic are undergraduates who ego-boost themselves online because that's what humans do.
>>
The search for knowledge allows one to look down on others and once you get a board full of twats who think their 4.0 makes them great human beings and anyone below that is not worth the time, coupled with anonimity the result is /sci/

Not to mention the popsci only faggots who for some reason try to spout lies and deceive on topics they have no understanding of.
>>
>>7741112
This
>>
>>7741106
>Why is /sci/ culture so shit?
Basically everyone here are undergrads who think taking classes makes them expert scientists or mathematicians or what have you.
>>
Mainly the academic dick waving and /pol/ bait threads that have nothing to do with actual math or science.
>>
>>7741106
Its not so shit, fersure, there are a decent amount of people here like this. However I think many of them know what they are saying is full of shit and they are just getting off, also there is a large amount of normal commentors
>>
>/sci/ is one person

Im an aircraft maintainer. I discuss aero stuff and generally contribute to actually interesting threads. I usually stay away from the fucking meta shit here
>>
gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8
>>
>>7741384
>>7741384

>contributing useful stuff

Kek you probably get one (you) for every four threads you post in
>>
>>7741106
Honestly I am a pretty cool guy, I am nothing like how I act on here.

I come on /sci/ to vent my autistic neckbeard self so it doesn't spill over into real life.

I troll and shitpost.

If you want ACTUAL math and science discussion go to www.physicsforums.com or stack exchange. I am active on SE and it's really fun/great practice. I have no tolerance for bullshit on there.

Here, I blow off steam.
>>
>>7741106
You say the successful people you know are chill and relaxed. Then you go and mock people with 4.0 GPA for being virgins. You are clearly mad that you got into an argument in /sci/ and you're really fucking pathetic posting something like this t.b.h.

Most of the people I know will describe me as "chill and relaxed", and I spend quite a lot of time relaxing with my gf. I'm also very competitive and routinely study on my own to be at the top of my program, being chill and being hypercompetitive and striver are not mutually exclusive.

4chan is harsh. You'll see me here shittalking people and picking fights with other idiots.That's the nature of the board. If you don't like it, then why are you here?

In any case, not science, not math, grow thicker skin and fuck off.
>>
>>7741106
>Why is /sci/ culture so shit? A lot of the people on here seem to be a hypercompetitive striver faggots.
You're part of the reason.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.