[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Success! SpaceX lands rocket after takeoff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-23-13-39.png (423KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-23-13-39.png
423KB, 1080x1920px
Bigger news then landing on the moon for the first time? I would say yes.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/21/news/companies/spacex-launch-rocket-landing/index.html
>>
>>7737185
>Bigger news then landing on the moon for the first time?
Neil Armstrong doesn't give a shit and Elon Mud is still crying.
>>
>>7737185
No, but it brings us closer to bigger things.
>>
>>7737185

>Guys! Guys! Instead of giving money to state employees, you know, the ones that got us to the moon? How about we give them to private corporations and billionaires who then can by old soviet rockets for cheap, pocket the profits.

Once the private companies get to space with state money and technology, they'll act like tough shits, and take over the moon, mars, and demand we pay more because "muh free market".

Private enterprise doesn't develop shit.
>>
File: 1450747812813.gif (186KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
1450747812813.gif
186KB, 400x307px
>>
>>7737204
Private enterprise developed the internet
>>
>>7737185
REMINDER THAT LIBERAL FAGGOTS WANT TO TAX ELON MUSK MORE TO FUND MORE "REFUGEE" CAMPS

REMINDER THAT TRUMP WANTS TO LOWER TAXES ACROSS THE BOARD

REMINDER THAT LESS TAXES MEANS MORE MONEY FOR COOL SHIT LIKE THIS AND MORE MONEY FOR SPACE VACATIONS
>>
>>7737204
Fuck off nasa is corrupt as fuck burning astronauts to death.
>>
File: laughing whores.gif (1021KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.gif
1021KB, 200x113px
>>7737204
>he thinks NASA is more than a just jobs program
>>
>>7737204
>Hey guys look the government can spend 5% GDP per year on a jobs program/dick waving contest with the soviets what can business do?
Uh, no you're right no business can waste money like the government can. Bravo.
>>
>>7737214

In the sense that lower taxes aids the concentration of wealth into the hands of the super-rich, I suppose that's true.
>>
Sorry I started this thread now :(
>>
>>7737234
I can't understand anttaxes. You should try to live in an European country like holland. We pay lots of taxes and we love to because we have got free and for-all medicare, unemployement wage, retirement payed by the goverment...
>>
>>7737294
Yeah we literally all love to pay for Syrians and Somalians with 50% unemployment rate nayone who doesnt is das racis. and a retirement system thats eradicating fast, anyone whos 20+ right now will not enjoy retirement or elderly healthcare .money will simply have run out/we cant tax enough due to increasing numbers of old people and foreigners with high unemployment rates.

But hey 1 generation of people got to enjoy excessive lavishness totally worth destroying the entire country and culture for eternity.
>>
>>7737212
This, among other things
>>
File: Religion-Worship-the-government.jpg (49KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
Religion-Worship-the-government.jpg
49KB, 440x440px
>>7737204

"Muh secular religion."

Kindly fucked off. If your god won't take humanity to space, I'll buy a ticket from Elon. Either government can get their act together lead the human race into the next frontier or we'll go to the private sector. Humanity must leave Earth and colonize space if it is to avoid the fate of species that came before us. This is too fucking important for butthurt liberals to be cockblocks and keep us on Earth just because our spaceships aren't government issued.
>>
File: 1450762588084.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450762588084.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>7737212

Desire to make NORAD better able to detect and deter nukes developed the internet.

But nice try.
>>
>>7737338
ARPAnet wasn't the Internet
>>
>>7737338
No.

Also the aeroplane, steam engine, steam trains, efficient steel production, everything to do with electricity, synthetic fertilizer, innumerable other things really.
>>
>>7737294

It depends on how much you trust your government to use the money wisely. And bear in mind a government is a sort of monopoly, and monopolies are inherently inefficient. Some people prefer to spend their money themselves, rather than hand it over to the government to spend for them.

Not saying which is better (neither is really, if taken to an extreme), they are merely different philosophies. I do agree that the US has one of the lowest tax rates in the developed world, but we spend a huge amount of time griping about taxes anyway.

If I were feeling cynical I'd say lower taxes tend to benefit corporations and the wealthy, and those interests have successfully persuaded a good part of the electorate to champion this agenda for them.
>>
>>7737378
>lower taxes tend to benefit corporations and the wealthy
and high taxes benefit corrupt government officials and don't actually fix the inefficient system. You're getting fucked either way. How to fix the government is beyond my comprehension. It seems like in some countries it works and in others it doesn't.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.