[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We did it Reddit!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: millenium falcon.png (219KB, 851x478px) Image search: [Google]
millenium falcon.png
219KB, 851x478px
We did it Reddit!
>>
>>7737035
This practically isn't a joke.
Autismusk's PR has been targeting Reddit heavily, and Reddit has been sucking their dicks non-stop.

It's amazing what some money can do to your company's reputation. People just follow like sheep.
>>
What happened?
Did they shill the event heavily on leddit? Maybe ask for funds?
>>
Serious question- how much did NASA help?

Also someone post that video of Elon almost crying on 60 minutes
>>
>>7737044
The guy's company makes the first reusable rocket and is still bashed by 4chan. WTF, guys?
>>
>>7737126

NASA made the KSC available for launch and landing. Also, I believe they contracted a few missions, which would mean some $$$ up front.
>>
>>7737767
This is the first time a Real (non-toy) Rocket vertically landed! Great!
Unless they actually reuse it, this is meaningless.

Space Shuttle was "reusable" too.
Except every time they need to spend a lot of men-hours to refurbish everything at high cost.
>>
>>7737852
Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS)
is adjacent to KSC but not really part of it.
>>
>>7737941
where on this map would LZ-1 be?
>>
>>7737767
4chan love being contrarian
>>
>>7737960
LC-13
>>
>>7737964
No we don't.

Wait, shit.
>>
>>7737960
LZ-1 = LC-13
>>
>>7738019
wp
>>
>>7737934
You don't understand, do you? This cliche statement will explain: "You don't run before you learn to walk."
>>
>>7738367
>his cliche statement will explain: "You don't run before you learn to walk."
That's wrong though. Most children do run before they walk, because it's much harder to stay stable while moving at a low speed and with precise motions before your muscles and motor centers are developed. So for the most part, young toddlers will "run" (move more quickly) and then fall over when they lose their balance.

A stable walk comes much later.
>>
>>7738375
Running is when none of your legs touch the ground between steps, so no, you are wrong. Toddlers walk fast but they "walk".
>>
Something that we've forgotten about is that the RTF now means that SpaceX's Mars plans will be revealed within a few months. They had been holding them back while they worked on getting back to space.
>>
>>7737044
It's not even restricted to reddit. I post on a small bbs forum about british politics and current events. Up pops a thread from a new user about how the BBC had falsely reported the SpaceX rocket washed up in the med wasn't actually from the failed rockets. No one on the forum had even made a post about the BBC article or SpaceX
>>
File: shuttle.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shuttle.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
How did it land back where it launched?
Did it circle the Earth once?

Space launches always go east to save like 500m/s dV due to the Earth's rotation, shouldn't it have landed somewhere in Europe or something?
Or did they burn a lot of fuel to reverse all that horizontal velocity and bring it back where it started?

I completely missed it all due to work I wish I had seen it.
>>
>>7738435
>Space launches always go east

They just waited until the earth rotated the launch pad back under the rocket
>>
>>7738414
wait....what else was it supposed to come from?
>>
>>7738472
A successful launch or test that dumped it apparently
>>
>>7738435
They actually slowed down and reversed it. Picrel is long exposure of liftoff and landing.

That was the only option without using the barge, which as we all know didn't go well.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.