[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Effects of Vaporizers on the Lungs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Hello /sci/ I recently quit smoking cigarettes by moving to a Vaporizer.

I tried to find some actual medical studies via google, but I guess I just don't know what to look for, because I can't find any articles that are just hard facts without shit-loads of bias.

Do any of you happen to have links to real medical study results or any insights into the effects of the standard Vaporizer chemicals(Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene glycol, Nicotine, and food-grade flavoring) on the lungs?
>>
The reason you can't find anything is because it's barely been studied so far. Personally I wouldn't risk putting that shit in my body until there's solid science confirming it's harmless. (And also I don't want to be chemically dependent on an expensive habit that makes me look like a tool, but that's neither here nor there.)
>>
>inhaling anything other than 78% N2 + 21% O2 + 1% others
>good for you
pick one

Really, anything you inhale that isnt what your lungs were designed to process is going to have some adverse (not necessarily bad, but normally bad) effect.
>>
>>7735463
>appeal to nature
>>
>>7735375
These guys debunk tobacco/secondhand smoke/vaping risks and it doesn't seem like its bad for you.

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/?m=1

http://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com/2009/07/fda-crusade-against-e-cigarettes.html?m=1
>>
>>7735385
This

and
>>7735463
This

I swear, my campus is tobacco-free, but these anuses still think it's cool to vape. These vapers also tend to do their vaping around the front door of every building, forcing everybody to smell their fucking faggoty douche-flavors. It's just as rude as if you blew your fucking cigarette smoke right into my face. I don't want to smell your stupid fruity-tuity banana-kiwi-strawberita tango mango fuckboy-passion-fruit twist vapor the instant I walk outside. I WANT A BREATH OF FRESH FUCKING AIR.

Basically, if you vape, your personality becomes cancerous, regardless of if your lungs do or do not.

Fucking hate vaping faggots...
>>
Not smoking or vaping > just vaping > vaping and smoking > just smoking
>>
>>7735385
Vaping is a lot cheaper than smoking.

two cartons a month costed me ~$120, vaping costs me ~$65 a month.

Those fags with the giant, brick sized set ups and huge clouds are the tools in the vaping community. I actually used it to quit smoking, those fags are just show boatings.
>>
>>7735495
Honestly, I find them much less offensive than the hambeasts who cover up their lack of effective hygiene with suffocating perfumes or, worse still, nothing at all.
>>
>>7735495
You sound mad, anti-smoker

>boohoo I hate walking next to a person making the personal choice to smoke/vape

Then don't get near them, easy. or wait for them to finish before you walk near them.
>>
>>7735516
They are both perpetually sucking on a straw, be it from a Big Gulp or from a vape that looks like the hilt of a lightsaber.
>>
>>7735525
One of the beasts in my former class was so craven in her sugar lust that she'd use a shake straw to drink faster (I heard her cackling about it to her mini solar system).
>>
>>7735519
Well, it's a tobacco-free campus, so they are on par with the people who are chewing and spit their dips onto the sidewalk, and the people who smoke cigarettes behind the building.

I get that it's your personal choice, but I don't bring my bong on campus and toke up whenever I feel so obliged.

I don't shoot up my heroin in front of everybody by the front door.

If they made a smoking/vaping section in a uni campus, you would see a very strong homogenization of personalities in that square space in the spectrum of "douche".

Don't get me wrong, all this crap is totally cool, it IS your choice to do whatever you want to, but at least the cigarette smokers avoid the front door and the chewers use spitters.

And a lot of people who vape are cool, they don't do it so overtly, or they use more polite vapes. My parents switched from cigs to vape, and they use these little tubes that give them a shot of nicotene, with absolutely zero odor or cloud. That's cool, you can do that outside in public close to a front door.

It's just this culture where people think it's totally cool to vape as they walk into a building or out of a building and stench up the damn place. It's just rude and inconsiderate.

So no, I don't see it as "a personal choice to vape" I see it as a personal choice to be rude and inconsiderate.

A short personal vape story: I've smoked a couple cigarettes in my life, and hit a couple of vapes (a few years back), and hookah whatever, nicotine is no stranger to me. One day, my buddy was back from college and he was hitting one of those ridiculous vapes. I was like "is that stuff good?" and he said "yeah this is banana whatever". He was puffing these huge clouds so I figured it was hella smooth. I took a short hit off of the thing, and coughed harder than I've ever coughed from weed, tobacco, anything. It was harsher than harsh, and my head felt like it was going to explode from the rush.

If you think that's better than cigs, you're fuckin high.
>>
>>7735519
Oh okay let me just stop before I reach you and stand there for the next 5 minutes awkwardly while I wait for you to finish.
>>
>>7735552
>So no, I don't see it as "a personal choice to vape" I see it as a personal choice to be rude and inconsiderate.

You're stereotyping, hard.
>>
>>7735607
It's a public space bro, do you expect people to bend to your whim?
>>
>>7735552
If you're not used to high doses of nicotine of course it's going to be harsh. There are low nicotine options and no nicotine as well.
>>
File: 4rq6vpX.gif (2MB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
4rq6vpX.gif
2MB, 450x243px
>>7735552

>tobacco-free campus
>>
>>7735624
If you can't deduce that it isn't stereotyping from the content of my post, then you may wish to re-take your English classes.

>>7735669
Do you really think vapers are opting for no-nicotine... That's like pot smokers opting to smoke lavender so they don't get high. It is more likely to go the other way (see Dabbing).

I'm willing to bet less than a third of people with those huge vapes are going for low/no nicotine. I would expect a much lower portion to be found in actuality, though; I'm just trying to be generous with my guess.

I used to dab back in the day, and that hit felt like a dab of nicotine. Like I just took a controlled substance.

>>7735681
>too weak to resist addiction
>>
>>7735756
Addiction isnot exclusively a disease, it can also be a habit. And as a habit it isn't a weakness, just a way to enjoy yourself. Sorry you can't have fun or enjoy life.
>>
Well it would be very difficult for it to be more harmful than smoking (or even close).
>>
>>7735375
I actually tried vaping for a while.
I no longer smoke, but e-cigs didn't help much.
I had to quit cold turkey after my health deteriorated.

The most obvious problem is that it leaves an oily taste.
That's why I went back to smoking in under a week.
You also inhale a fuckload of glycerin. It just can't be good.

The real health issues include:

-metal nanoparticles and metal/organic compounds from the heating coil.
-fibers (cotton too, but especially fiberglass) stuck in your lungs
-coating your lungs with absurd amounts of glycol&glycerin, keeping your lungs on a constant "have to clean up" state
-thermal decomposition products (from glycerin, glycol, additives, plastics etc)
-completely unregulated additives for taste (and all the resulting decomposition&oxidation products)

If you could inhale an 100% nicotine/water mixture, it would be much better. But water mist just isn't "thick" enough to imitate cigarette smoke.
Are good e-cigs still better than cigarettes? Maybe. I'm not sure. They're worth a try if you're a smoker.
>>
There's plenty of reasons not to vape as well, such as potentially carcinogenic flavor compounds, degradation products of glycerin, and stimulant use leading to heart disease.
But really you took a big step forward by switching from cigarettes to an alternative. Most people can't even do that man, they usually say that they switched but then go back to cigarettes after the first month, so give yourself a pat on the back. The thing is in 1/2/5/whatever years do you see yourself quitting nicotine completely and turning over a new leaf or still being addicted and dealing with all the bullshit?
>>
What are the effects of herb vapes? Are there any negatives associated with it?
>>
>>7735640
What you want to ban people from shitting on the sidewalk? People aren't going to just bend to your will like that bro. We are always going to have sidewalks covered in human shit.
>>
If you live in a major city I'm not convinced that vaping is worse than air pollution.
>>
>>7735789
>The most obvious problem is that it leaves an oily taste.
Dude did you ever change the coils? If you read the booklet to any vaporizer that taste and overheating are the two red flags something needs to be replaced or the unit is bad.
>>
>>7735552
Yeah idk what the fuck is so horrible about vaping to you but I much rather walk through vape clouds than cigarette clouds. I'm pretty sensitive to cigarettes, never smoked them in my life but walking by someone who is gives me an instant headache. I go out of my way to avoid people on the street. Vape clouds don't bother me at all second hand. I'm all for it.
>>
>>7739083
Shitty analogy, you can't compare the two things even remotely.
>>
>>7735375
Most vapes use fiberglass wicks, which may or may not shed small amounts of fiberglass into the air that passes over them.
Source: I designed automation equipment to assemble e-cigs for a major brand. Did tensile tests on the fiberglass rope used for the wick.
>>
File: 20151202_215645-1.jpg (3MB, 2251x2221px) Image search: [Google]
20151202_215645-1.jpg
3MB, 2251x2221px
I have been vaping almost all day every day for the last 2 years and it has not affected me at all physically, but it has affected me financially.
>>
>>7735681

yes! this!
>>
>>7735385
If it's any better than cigarettes, then it's a positive. Nobody believes they're harmless, just that they're less harmful than cigarettes, which they appear to be on any tests done so far (which isn't much, but that's the way it looks).
>>
>>7735506
This.
>>
>>7735511
>Vaping is a lot cheaper than smoking.

Not vaping is a lot cheaper than vaping.
>>
>>7735375

"vaping" is the fedora of inhaling drugs
>>
>>7739152
>fiberglass

Isn't that almost as bad as smoking? What's the point then?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.