[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can do Riemann integrals. How do I learn double and triple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I can do Riemann integrals. How do I learn double and triple integrals?

No memes please.
>>
You just change bounds so you can do dx then dy, or whatever order is easiest, then integrate separately usually. Sometimes you'll change to polar or spherical coordinates. This is a generalization though.
>>
>>7733605
You integrate with respect to the product measure.
>>
>>7733609
Is it harder than normal Riemann integration?
>>
>>7733614
You almost never explicitly do "Riemann integration". What you do in most cases is applying the fundamental theorem of calculus. Only difference in more than 1 dimension is that you need geometric intuition on the question of what domain you're actually integrating over.
>>
>>7733620
>You almost never explicitly do "Riemann integration"
Oh boy we did a lot with this, literally proving it with sums and all that.

Isn't there something like a pdf that explains it fast?
>>
>>7733605
Just get a pdf of some babbys first multivariable calculus. You'll see how it translates into multiple variable pretty easily.
>>
>>7733626
You'll find a lot of good explanations on google. Don't be lazy, just do it.
>>
File: 1448163051803.gif (545KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1448163051803.gif
545KB, 720x405px
>>7733647
>calculus for infants

does this mean i can finally learn calculus?
>>
>>7733605
Double and triple integrals are Riemann integrals
>>
>>7733735
Not always. There are many other types of integrals. Please don't comment on topics you don't understand.
>>
>>7733735
Unless you use Lebesgue's construction or differential forms or another formulation
>>
>>7733744
How does it matter wether it's single, double, or triple, and if it's Rieman integrable?

Riemann integration applies to functions defined over any set with a finitely additive measure.
And some functions over an interval are not integrable for Riemann bit are for Lebesgue. So why are you making it sound like it's the single/double distinction that matters?
>>
>>7733772
>making it sound like it's the single/double distinction that matters
No, I was saying double and triple integrals are not necessarily Riemann integrals. Like f(x,y)=0 for rational x,y and 1 else over [0,1]X[0,1].
>>
If you're not ready to meme, you're not ready to integrate. I can assure you that all of your math professors were the official memesters of their respective classes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.