[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they award nobel prizes for engineering and technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
Why don't they award nobel prizes for engineering and technology?
>>
>>7731481
Because engineering/technology is not science, its just a product of science.
>>
Because they already award wealth and business success for people who achieve breakthrough technological and engineering results.
>>
>>7731481
It would be weird if they did.

Scientists and researchers teach for money and research for glory.

Engineers engineer for money.

The scientist that does something great is special because the only incentive scientists have to publish is so that they are not dropped by their university so they could research anything. Most go for the low hanging fruit so that they can publish various papers a year without having to spend that much time. That is why those who go for the really hard questions despite this situation in academia are praised and given a prize.

Engineers don't have a system like that. You get paid to design and engineer. Of course you do it because you get money. Nothing special there.
>>
>>7731481
They do in a sense, the 2014 Physics prize was awarded to engineers for developing a technology.

There's a large argument over that fact the prize has historically favoured discoveries over inventions though since the former obviously favours theoretical physicists despite the applied physics arguably being more important for society.
>>
>>7731506
>Engineers engineer for money.
Complete bullshit.
>>
they probably should, it might prevent a number of suicides from physicists as engineers swag up and jack your nobel prizes
>>
>>7731506
>literally raised by 4chan: the post
>>
>>7731511
>>7731481
Nobel started the prize in the first place because he felt sorry for academics who accomplished something in their field and got little reward. So he used his dynamite money to fund the prizes. Engineers can make their own dynamite money they shouldn't have a prize.
>>
>>7731509
It's true. Engineers are swimming in money (and also pussy).

Source: I'm an engineer
>>
>>7731481
9 posts in and this thread has already devolved in to another "major politics" wankfest. I fucking hate /sci/.

>>7731481
If you're actually curious, it's just because Nobel didn't leave any money for one and didn't ask for the foundation for one in his will.
>>
>>7731522
Plenty of engineers care more about building awesome things that money. That's why SpaceX engineers are willing to take a pay cut that's 20k below the average industry rates just to be there.

If you actually talked to engineers irl instead of getting your impression of them from bitter physics seniors you will realize that most of them are in it for the passion, not the money.

Not me though, I only care about money and pussy.
>>
>>7731523
What do you mean "devolved into". This was a thinly veiled major politics thread to begin with.
>>
>>7731487
Is "peace" a science?
>>
>>7731528
is "war" a science?
>>
>>7731530
"war" is an engineering field.

Again the faggots don't offer any prizes.
>>
>>7731530
No. Is there a noble war price? I want it.
>>
>>7731487
I guess literature is a science now?
>>
Or ... Instead of discussing this shit you could just simply look up the history of the nobelprice and suck on it!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.