[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here quit STEM professionally? I originally just came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: nerd.jpg (124KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
124KB, 1600x1600px
Anyone here quit STEM professionally? I originally just came here because /diy/ was useless for calculations but now I stay because it feels good to sit back and watch all the rats gnawing at each other now that I am not one of them.
>Elitism
>Autism
>Study till you drop culture
>Stimulant culture
>Mundane lab work because all the juicy stuff has already been done
>Endless exams
>Terrible social image (pic related)
>Cerebrotonic lifestyle
>Shitty job market

Id have stuck through ot all if it wasnt for the last one but the fact is there is no financial reward for throwing your social life away for chemistry.
>>
File: 3.jpg (25KB, 468x300px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
25KB, 468x300px
OK, let's break this down:

>Elitism
Pure maths elitists are fooling themselves if they think they're employable, whereas engineers and technicians are some of the most down to earth people I've ever met
>Autism
The very definition of autism is a maths nerd. Applied scientists and engineers however are usually pretty normal in my experience.
>Study till you drop culture
It's study till you graduate culture, actually. What's the matter, kid, you still at school?
>Mundane lab work
Sounds like you chose a shitty topic of research. Scientific research is the most stimulating thing there is.
>Already been done
Read more literature and you won't get scooped like a amateur
>Endless exams
UnderageB& pls go
>Terrible social image
Stereotypes will change as technology becomes more mainstream. Geek culture has been mainstream for years.
>Cerebrotonic lifestyle
I had to google this because any normal person would have used the word introverted, (are you are trying to impress somebody?). Most people employed in STEM had to go through interviews and are therefore likely to have reasonable people skills.
>Shitty job market
Science and tech jobs are everywhere. They are competitive sure, but that just weeds out all the plebs like OP. STEM job opportunities can only grow with time so I have no idea what you are on about m8.

In conclusion: OP is faggot
>>
I have to agree that the competitive 'job market' sucks ass and if it got rid of, it would all be better off
>>
File: 4L_Z2ksWoW1.jpg (39KB, 324x460px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Z2ksWoW1.jpg
39KB, 324x460px
>>7731011
Remember when OP got BTFO?

I do.
>>
>>7731042
And the dogged refusal of STEMtards to accept that the field is full of cancer just like this post. I say STEM has issues I get shouted down with "hurr youre just not good enough" which proves my point about elitism.
>>
>>7731066
I'm guessing you are unemployed and bitter about this?

Well good luck getting a job outside of "elitist" STEM. Don't worry, there's no need to be a high standard graduate for a career in finance or law, i'm pretty sure they take just about anyone.

Great working hours apparently too - Lawyers and bankers don't work very hard and get loads of free time to spend on their healthy social lives.
>>
>>7731081
>The only option outside of STEM is lawyer or banker.
>>
>>7731066
>hurr not good enough

>asking for people to be judged on something other than their work for a job

OP, you are a retard.

sageing for useless shit.
>>
>>7731042
>Stereotypes will change as technology becomes more mainstream. Geek culture has been mainstream for years.
You claim that you have people skills while you fail to understand that the recent prominence of geek culture in our society doesn't have anything to do with science and the effort you have to put into it at all. The new geek wave is an output of identity politics were people self ascribe certain traits to themselves in order to create an image of themselves how other people should see them.

What is easer to achieve being in STEM or following geek culture and watch every episode of Big Bang Theory?

If it would be possible to get taught STEM without learning like in Matrix, people would do it and everyone who would be capable of doing it without any help but only enough time will become useless.
>>
>>7731547
>I'll stock shelves the rest of my life, that'll show 'em!
>>
>>7731081
>Great working hours apparently too - Lawyers and bankers don't work very hard and get loads of free time to spend on their healthy social lives.
This.

All professional careers are tough. STEM is pretty decent if you're intelligent because the work is less grinding and more creative problem solving, so if you're good at it you can have decent hours and make time for a social life etc. In law and medicine you are forced to labour until you die (or specialize).
>>
>>7731011
kek nobody cares that you quit like a loser, OP.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.