[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what fucks me up? Infinity. Very idea of infinity is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

You know what fucks me up? Infinity. Very idea of infinity is pretty crazy.

First up, real number infinity is pretty easy to grasp, because these numbers represent an definable countable object or what ever. Then you get the infinity of Pi and that shit. What ever, easy stuff.

What fucks me up is space, if you were to travel in one direction forever. You would ALWAYS find new "space". There is no edge, and if there was... would it make sense? But then how could it possibility exist infinity, and then how could just the idea of our universe exist without creation. I mean every particle, energy exists in a system, infinitely and always changing states or existing. But always existing. We exist because more matter exists than anti-matter. But what came first? The very fundamental particle we're all made up of, or the universe?

Doesn't even the idea of the string theory blow your mind? Because we can break up the quarks, then keep going, and going until we make up the fundamental particle. But what is that fundamental particle made up of? Just itself, but how does it exist just within itself that it made up everything but still it's here? Like how is this "string" particle able to make up fucking everything you see, but. It wasn't created by anything else?
>>
It blows your mind because it's doesn't fucking exist outside of math mental wankery.
>>
The "space" is infinite by definition. it means empty area, which is what you get by default. It's a pretty understandable concept. The matter that fills the space is finite and has a limit and ends somewhere.

It's not mindblowing at all.
>>
>>7729388
Just because something is defined as infinite doesn't justify it to be understandable to finite minds, aka us (humans).
>>
>>7729388
Infinity is not what you get by default. The default and intuitive answer is finity. That something is quantized.

Short version, speak for yourself. You might have grown up and since birth found it sensible to say "wwooowww it can all be anything, there are infinite combinations!", that doesn't make it everyone else's default.

Understanding it is trivial. Accepting it as meaningful is not.
>>
>>7729387
N J Wildberger pls go
>>
>>7729391
your mind doesnt have to be "infinite" to comprehend a concept such as "infinity"

>>7729392
wat chu talkin bout faget
>>
>>7729432
im saiyan i quantized ur mum m8, n it woz n acurate repreesantation
WOT U GOINA DO BOUT IT M8?
>>
>>7729386
yea far out, dude
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84KB, 1018x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84KB, 1018x720px
>>7729437
1vs1 me fgt. ill rek urassknowmynameis[YOLOn0sc0p3rz_XXX**HeadShotKillaZ>]
>>
stoners need to stop making threads
popsci cunts need to stop making threads
idiots need to stop making threads
>>
>>7729477
Lsd grants knowledge beyond your feeble mind
>>
>>7729386
Everything science has discovered about the universe is wrong and merely self-proclaimed laws of physics.

We simply see a recurring pattern of events in the universe like gravity, speed of light, fusion and call it a law. However, black holes, inflation and the size of the universe frequently defy those laws causing physicists to lose their shit and come up with exotic and embarrassing propositions to explain them.

The fact is, the scientific community is plagued with arrogance and an agenda of never entering the realm of metaphysics or looking past their own puny minds to believe what we are observing is a subjective view of the universe. If we had more senses if our eye could detect more exotic objects, our reality would be vastly different, the laws of physics would be amended instantly.

So it is ridiculous to call anything a law when we do not even fundamentally understand our own consciousness and subjectivity. The apparatus we use to observe the universe which is our senses and perception itself is a mystery and we are using a black box of senses to make all these predictions and creating laws.

Foolish, simply foolish.
>>
So is this like a daily thread on /x/? I mean, /sci/?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.