[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medicine Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 1808557944.jpg (44KB, 675x520px) Image search: [Google]
1808557944.jpg
44KB, 675x520px
Let's talk about medicines that the western world ridicules but is actually useful and effective.

1) Cannabis - I don't think I really need to go in to depth here. The uses are numerous and it's incredibly safe when eaten or vaporized.

2) Colloidal silver - Potent antibiotic. Very safe. Undesired side effect if applied topically and then exposed to the sun - can turn the skin blue. Although this is very rare and easily avoided. Robert Becker demonstrated that if you apply colloidal silver to wounds and pass a small current through the wound, tissue healing is observed and accelerated.

3) Grounding - Multiple studies show benefits for heart health, nervous system, exercise recovery, etc.

4) Alkaline diets - Your body prefers a basic pH. Consuming heavily acidic foods and drinks makes the body work harder and use minerals to re-establish a basic environment. Basic diets can help enhance healing.

5) Master cleanse diet - Not healthy for long term weight loss, but helps facilitate healing in the short term. Fasting or pseudo-fasting helps regenerate white blood cells.

6) Yoga/meditation - Increases mental health and has benefits for your heart, etc.

7) Psilocybin mushrooms - Powerful antidepressant. Triggers growth and regeneration of brain cells.

8) MDMA - Very effective at helping overcome PTSD.

9) LSD - One or two strong doses can help a lifelong alcoholic kick the habit for good.

Any comments on these? Anymore you can think of?
>>
1) Lots of western nations allow cannabis for pain/nausea treatment. It has no other proven uses, really.
2) Antibiotics developed since, I dunno, 1910 are far better and less harmful. Mostly it's alt-med bullshit these days. Passing current through any wound stimulates healing; the silver has nothing to do with it.
3) No.
4) No.
5) No.
6) Perhaps. Or you could end up like my yoga teacher, with a fucked up spine, unable to walk or sit properly. Almost everyone who does yoga regularly ends up with a serious injury from it.
7/8/9) Yes, just ignore the side effects.
>>
Are any of these actually ridiculed by the western world?
>>
>>7726981
Colloidal silver is only considered good by genuinely mentally ill lunatics, of the sort that would come to /sci/ and claim that the world is flat.
>>
>>7726944
>7) Psilocybin mushrooms - Powerful antidepressant. Triggers growth and regeneration of brain cells.
>Triggers growth and regeneration of brain cells.
This is not novel, nor meaningful, and never will be. Please, stop repeating it. Typical antidepressants do this (and they're garbage). Exercise does this. Cocoa beans do this. Tea extracts do this. x y and z do this! LEARNING A NEW SKILL DOES THIS.

Neurogenesis is not a big deal. What matters most is the longterm survival and structure of these new cells, and their regions. Most of the time you're talking about hippocampal neurons.

>9) LSD - One or two strong doses can help a lifelong alcoholic kick the habit for good.
So can a bit of willpower and an environment that doesn't put up with bullshit and tell you you're powerless and have a disease. Feedback loops are as much the problem.

I was blackout drunk at least 3 nights a week for nearly 2 years straight, most of the time the hangover started fading toward the end of the day and I'd just drink again. Or drink anyway, fuck it! I just stopped drinking so much, then stopped outright. Luckily no pronounced delirium tremens or whatnot. I have vodka sitting right next to me. It's been there for the last 3 years. And I don't care. That's me, other people have to keep it out of their life, but whatever.

You don't need acid to stop being an alcoholic for fuck's sake, you need to straighten out and acknowledge your own bullshit.

Fuck
off.
>>
>>7726981
Absolutely.

Chuck Rosenberg (DEA Administrator)

"What really bothers me is the notion that marijuana is also medicinal -- because it's not," Rosenberg said in a briefing to reporters. "We can have an intellectually honest debate about whether we should legalize something that is bad and dangerous, but don't call it medicine -- that is a joke."

[...]

"There are pieces of marijuana -- extracts or constituents or component parts -- that have great promise" medicinally, he said. "But if you talk about smoking the leaf of marijuana -- which is what people are talking about when they talk about medicinal marijuana -- it has never been shown to be safe or effective as a medicine."
>>
>>7726980

>6) Perhaps. Or you could end up like my yoga teacher, with a fucked up spine, unable to walk or sit properly. Almost everyone who does yoga regularly ends up with a serious injury from it.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all week.
>>
>>7726980
>1) Lots of western nations allow cannabis for pain/nausea treatment. It has no other proven uses, really.

I take that back, this is the stupidest thing I've heard all week.

How about the fact that it is an antioxidant, anti-infammatory, nueroprotectant, slows the growth tumors, minimizes epileptic seizures, relieves pain, triggers nuerogenesies, etc.

>What are your sources?

Google any of this. You can find hundreds of studies supporting all this. Here's one interesting one on it's nueroprotective effects:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25264643

"A positive THC screen is associated with decreased mortality in adult patients sustaining traumatic brain injury."
>>
>>7726993

>Yeah, don't use this effective medicine to help with your insanely addictive habits. Man up!

WTF? Why not use a medicine if it's effective (and incredibly safe). People don't die from LSD or get physically addicted.
>>
>>7726993
Of course you don't need acid to stop being an alcoholic, but in many cases of addiction, PTSD, and mental illness hallucinogenics prove to be effective means of turning one's behavior around with astonishing results. There are numerous studies done on this I've read a few where they used MDMA and psilocybin. A psilocybin smoking cessation study proved multiple times more effective than typical smoking cessation strategies with two high doses of psilocybin.

http://hub.jhu.edu/2014/09/11/magic-mushrooms-smoking
perhaps the same could be said about alcoholism and other disorders. asshole
>>
>>7727023
>People don't die from LSD or get physically addicted.
There is a lot more to deciding whether you want to take in a psychoactive compound than just this. Nor is it the only way.

Some people find the depatterning and mind expanding aspects of acid to more honestly evaluate themselves and their general frame of life. Some use it as a tool to become yet more delusional. Some just go crazy. Not many, but some.

LSD is not a magic fix. There are more effective, and arguably, meaningful approaches to understanding why you have an issue and how to fix it.

>>7727026
I don't believe mental illness is a valid concept. It's self centered, arbitrary, abusable, and largely based on fear. It itself is a delusion, which is ironic.

You're just another westerner stuck on quick fix attitudes. Joy, you want to try some compound to fix your issues, go right ahead. But it's not the only way, and it's certainly not universally the best way. That's coming from someone who's probably only still alive and functional because I learned to use a small set of "light" drugs as tools. It might afford you the means to see things from a new angle, and become something else but core change still relies on you yourself. Self understanding is not always an easy path of least resistance to just trace with LSD or shroom magic.
>>
>>7727023
People that are alcoholics aren't don't start out physically addicted. They have an addictive personality, a predisposition to get addicted to it. Even though LSD isn't physically addictive, an alcoholic may end up replacing alcohol with LSD. Although you can't overdose from LSD, it does fuck you up in the head more so than alcohol and tbqh alcohol is better for you in small quantities.
>>
>>7727043

>I don't believe mental illness is a valid concept. It's self centered, arbitrary, abusable, and largely based on fear. It itself is a delusion, which is ironic.

That's just a silly attitude to have. So all the soldiers who come home with overwhelming anxiety from PTSD - what do you call that? It's a problem with the mind and it should be treated as such. Even if it is "based on fear," fear is a mental concept that can be worked through.
>>
>>7727061
>So all the soldiers who come home with overwhelming anxiety from PTSD - what do you call that?
I call that a state caused by trauma. No different than feeling down because you lost your job or have no meaningful connections with other people, as offensive as you might find the comparison. They're states. They were induced by certain experiences, conditions, and stimuli. You aren't ill, you've been changed.

Likewise. Symptoms we've come to classify as schizophrenia, schizoaffective, bipolar type whatever, personality disorders. They're all just manifestations of the way a given system is working. Why is it doing it? We don't really know. Could be evolutionary, could be induced, could be typical variance within a population. And it doesn't even matter. It's not about what it is to be healthy and "ill", it's about if an afflicted individual is dissatisfied with aspects of their life and self, or if they pose a threat to themselves or others (displaying obviously mental incapacitation).

This stupid mental illness shit stems from back from even before we thought crazy was transmissible, and ignores the perspective afforded by modern science. It's a myth. A narrow minded delusion. A stupid way we're predisposed to framing that are different than ourselves and our immediate social groups. It's exploitable and it's time it died, there are better ways of helping people than tagging them as diseased and broken.
>>
>>7727079
You obviously have no fucking clue what you are talking about. You suck the life out of everything you mention. There are illnesses of the brain as there are illnesses of any other organ. Some caused by degeneration, chemical and hormonal imbalances, and other measurable variables. To deny this and say that victims of mental illness merely need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps is buffoonery. True, treatment is often not adequate or thorough, but this does not mean science cannot provide a solution.
>>
>>7727010
That's one long list of [citation needed]. Sadly for you, there aren't any peer-reviewed ones for most of your claims.
>antioxidant
Some compounds within when isolated, but not true in the forms in which it is almost always taken, and antioxidants are of dubious benefit anyway.
> anti-infammatory
Hemp oil yes, smoking weed/eating brownies/whatever else, no. Also, learn to spell.
> nueroprotectant
Some compounds contained within, but not as a whole.
> slows the growth tumors
You are more likely to suffer cancer as a result of regular exposure. Overall, cannabis is carcinogenic. Also, in vivo/vitro issues.
> minimizes epileptic seizures
For some types of epilepsy
> relieves pain
Yes, I said that.
> triggers nuerogenesies
No, neurogenesis in general doesn't have any real relevance for adults, and please learn to at least spell your meme words before spouting them like a retarded child.
>>
>>7727079
You're trying to tell everyone that mental illness doesn't exist? That people don't get ill, they just change? You're trying to tell me that the brain, like any other organ, isn't capable of illness like any other organ (hypertension, diabetes etc)? Diabetes isn't a disease, people's bodies just changed. That's exactly what you sound like. Tell me, what makes the brain so fucking invincible?
>>
>>7727107
>There are illnesses of the brain as there are illnesses of any other organ.
We just went over this. Unlike organs, the brain's only real necessary function is breathing, hormone / metabolic regulation, and making your heart beat along with basic movement and awareness. And that's it.

You're comparing organ failure to a complex system like the mind functioning differently than another individual based on some arbitrary criteria you've been told (or stupidly decided) is meaningful. It's absurd.

>Some caused by degeneration
PTSD ain't parkinson's, dementia, or alzheimer's, bud. Most of the structural changes noted are reversible and associated with other environmental conditions.

>chemical and hormonal imbalances
That implies an ideal state, or "balance" as you've crudely called it. You're talking about shoulds and oughts. Please acknowledge this before we move on.

>and other measurable variables.
Tell me more about the 5+ major models of schizophrenia. Is it dopamine? Is it the mesolimbic pathway primarily? Is it those pesky pyramidal cells and glutamate or... Oh gosh... we don't know. We just don't know, do we?

How meaningful are your measurements when you barely know what you're talking about?

>To deny this and say that victims of mental illness merely need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps is buffoonery
That wasn't said or even vaguely implied.

brb. My 5 year old is talking to his imaginary friend again, and having rapid mood swings. Gotta give em' his lithium and aripiprazole. To make him mentally healthy, or course. The medicated way of life is the right way of life, and I'm gonna teach this early. Mental illness is real you broken little brat. Now sit down and shut up. Children are to be seen, not heard.
>>
Study: ADHD Patients Successfully Treated With Cannabis

Subjects experienced a mitigation of ADHD symptoms, including “improved concentration and sleep, and reduced impulsivity,” following cannabis therapy, researchers reported. Twenty-two of the 30 patients in the cohort elected to discontinue their use of pharmaceutical drugs during the study period—instead opting to solely use cannabis to treat their symptoms.

http://reset.me/study/study-adhd-patients-successfully-treated-with-cannabis/
>>
File: 1450122310563.png (78KB, 334x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450122310563.png
78KB, 334x300px
>>7726944
>medicine that is actually useful and effective
>molly against ptsd
>lucy against alcoholism
top kek
lsd alone is so highly subjective and has written YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY all over it you can't be fucking serious if you think it can be classified as an EFFECTIVE treatment
>>
>>7727129
Oh god I drank way too much yerba mate and feel sick. Sorry man I can't respond right now, I've become diseased for the next ~7 hours. Oh and it made me remember my childhood which has set me on a track to further shitty mental states, adding to my diseased state.

This is totally comparable to a permanent failure of islet cells regardless of where you go, what you think, and what you do.

!!
>>
>>7727115

>Sadly for you, there aren't any peer-reviewed ones for most of your claims.

I don't even know how to take this. I mean it's like looking up at the blue sky and telling someone that it is orange. Do you laugh? Do you feel sorry for that person? What?

>antioxidant
Cannabidiol and (−)Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol are neuroprotective antioxidants

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC20965/

Anyway you consume it, you'll be getting those compounds. Obviously there are healthier ways than smoking it.

> anti-infammatory

Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

> nueroprotectant
>Some compounds contained within, but not as a whole.
Your reply doesn't even make sense. So we both agree cannabinoids are neuroprotective. Great!

> slows the growth tumors
>Overall, cannabis is carcinogenic.

This is a lie. Obviously smoking anything is not a great delivery mechanism, but you can eat or vaporize it too.

Cannabis Shrinks Brain Tumors Associated With Highly Aggressive Form Of Cancer

http://www.medicaldaily.com/cannabis-shrinks-brain-tumors-associated-highly-aggressive-form-cancer-310720

> minimizes epileptic seizures
>For some types of epilepsy

Great! We both agree that cannabis is effective against epilepsy.

> relieves pain
>Yes, I said that.

We're in agreement!

> triggers nuerogenesies
>No, neurogenesis in general doesn't have any real relevance for adults
What?

University Of Saskatchewan Research Suggests Marijuana Analogue Stimulates Brain Cell Growth

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051016083817.htm
>>
THE U.S. GOV’T OWNS THE PATENT “CANNABINOIDS AS ANTIOXIDANTS AND NEUROPROTECTANTS”

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/marijuana-so-evil-the-u-s-govt-owns-the-patent-cannabinoids-as-antioxidants-and-neuroprotectants_012014
>>
>>7727045
>Even though LSD isn't physically addictive, an alcoholic may end up replacing alcohol with LSD.
Please stop posting.
>>
Tumeric - antibiotic
>>
>>7727370

"The active compound curcumin is believed to have a wide range of biological effects including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antitumour, antibacterial, and antiviral activities, which indicate potential in clinical medicine."

Western medicine - can you get a patent on it? No? There is no scientific evidence to prove that curcumin can treat or cure any disease. Current studies suffer from effects of bias, small sample size, and lack of long-term data. What's that? Another medicine with a copyright on it? Yes, that's effective and safe. Use it!
>>
>>7727774
Copyright, patent, whatev.
>>
File: 1450340029249.jpg (37KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
1450340029249.jpg
37KB, 471x350px
>>7726944
>4) Alkaline diets - Your body prefers a basic pH. Consuming heavily acidic foods and drinks makes the body work harder and use minerals to re-establish a basic environment. Basic diets can help enhance healing.
>>
>>7726944
>4) Alkaline diets - Your body prefers a basic pH. Consuming heavily acidic foods and drinks makes the body work harder and use minerals to re-establish a basic environment. Basic diets can help enhance healing.

Use minerals to restore balance? The body's main chemical buffering system is bicarbonate loading in red blood cells for efficient ATP hydrolysis and good O2 delivery, not sure where minerals are consumed in any of that
>>
>>7727809

Found this in a Google search:

"An acidic pH can occur from, an acid forming diet, emotional stress, toxic overload, and/or immune reactions or any process that deprives the cells of oxygen and other nutrients. The body will try to compensate for acidic pH by using alkaline minerals. If the diet does not contain enough minerals to compensate, a build up of acids in the cells will occur."
>>
>>7726998
The DEA Administrator? That's not biased at all. He's also totally medically qualified to make those statements.
>>
>>7727881
I think that was the joke.
>>
>>7727838
A real source, or a hokey alt-med website source.

Your body does a pretty bang-up job of regulating its pH. Pretty much the whole point of it is to act as one giant, complicated buffer. Heck, if your blood gets slightly too far off, your breathing changes to move it back. That's how much feedback is in the system. And each cell maintains its own pH in its interior and various organelles. It's not like the body has a single pH that permeates its whole....
>>
>>7727881

Yeah, the question was:

>Are any of these actually ridiculed by the western world?

So I posted a comment by a person who serves a leadership role in the DEA basically saying that cannabis is not safe or effective. This is the same organizarion that might kick down your door, shoot your dog and put you in jail for using one of the oldest and safest medicines known to man.
>>
>>7727965

For sure the body is amazing at regulating it's pH, but if you only consume acid-forming foods and drinks (simple sugars, alcohol, coffee, meat, smoking tobacco, etc. - aka basically the western diet), the body has to work overtime to stay basic. Consuming some alkaline foods every now and then can be quite healthy. But of course this concept gets ridiculed or downplayed a lot of places.
>>
This is from Wikipedia:

Ayurvedic medicine – a 5,000-year-old system of traditional medicine which originated on the Indian subcontinent. According to Cancer Research UK, "there is no scientific evidence to prove that Ayurvedic medicine can treat or cure cancer or any other disease".

This is the shit I'm talking about. Waving a hand and dismissing entire fields of medicine as useless. Surely Ayuveda can treat at least one disease. But nope, not according to Cancer Research UK - completely worthless. Sometimes I wonder if organizations like these are just an arm of big pharma. Real scientists can be that dumb and closeminded, can they?
>>
>>7728020
>Consuming some alkaline foods every now and then can be quite healthy.
What happens when you eat an alkaline food? Your stomach goes into overdrive to produce more acid to allow you to properly digest it. Body pH increases ever so slightly, regulatory mechanisms buffer it to make the change basically zero, and even if it did change, your breathing would change to compensate and restore it.

Sorry, but the alkaline food thing is total bullshit.
>>
>>7728027
>Surely Ayuveda can treat at least one disease
>Surely
No, not surely. That's why we have science, to test this stuff.

Someone somewhere once said, "Homeopathic remedies work in two situations: when you're thirsty and when you've got shit on your hands you want to wash off."

Same deal here.
>>
>>7726944
You don't belong on /sci/. Simple as that.

Go back to your hippie commune, retard.
>>
>>7726981
>alkaline diet

is a heap of absolute garbage and anybody who knows about basic biochemistry laughs at you if you seriously propose this
>>
>>7728020
>acid-forming foods and drinks
>simple sugars, alcohol, coffee, meat, smoking tobacco

fucking hell
how do you retards even come up with this garbage

this is close to homeopathy levels of retardation
>>
>>7728627
Giving me bad vibrations right now man.
>>
>>7728047
Such ignorance, wow. Yes we do have science to test this stuff and guess what? It turns out that if you remove your head from your rectum and perform a couple Google searches you would find that there are Ayuvedic medicines that are safe and effective. The fact that western medicine criticizes these medicines is only proving my initial post.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3157120/

Aims:
The aim of the study was to test the efficacy and safety of Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA).

Results:
There was statistically significant improvement in all parameters from admission to discharge.
>>
>>7728043

Lol, and what happens when you consume acidic food? Similar process but your body tries to push you more basic to cancel it out. So, consider the fact that a typical American diet is extremely acidic (soda has a pH of 2-3, almost at battery acid levels), would it not make sense to throw some basic food groups in there? I would assume a mixture of acidic and basic foods would be best. Since our starting point in the American diet is heavily acidic, then eating some more basic foods could actually be a healthy thing to do. That is unless you are arguing a purely acidic diet is healthy. (It's not)
>>
>>7728051

>You don't belong on /sci/. Simple as that. Go back to your hippie commune, retard.

>You: I see here that you have posted links to tens of studies for all of your arguments. I didn't read them, but I have some strong biases already and I don't like when they are challenged. Therefore, I'll tell you to get out of here. How dare you challenge the way I think!
>>
File: _20151218_080547.jpg (564KB, 2560x1309px) Image search: [Google]
_20151218_080547.jpg
564KB, 2560x1309px
>>7728043

>Sorry, but the alkaline food thing is total bullshit.

Even if it were bullshit (it's not), consider the list of basic foods is on average more healthy than the list of acidic foods and you can make a good argument to consume foods on the basic list.
>>
Calling it a "medicine" doesn't make it any more credible.

>1) Cannabis - I don't think I really need to go in to depth here. The uses are numerous and it's incredibly safe when eaten or vaporized.

There are already drugs for all of its uses which are more effective, have fewer side effects and are easier to administer.
Weed is a fucking meme, I have no problem with people smoking it recreationally, but it is no miracle cure.

>2) Colloidal silver

Silver is already used in many wound dressings but it is only effective in certain types of wounds.

>3) Grounding - Multiple studies show benefits for heart health, nervous system, exercise recovery, etc.

Complete quackery. No science behind this.

More quackery.

>5) Master cleanse diet - Not healthy for long term weight loss, but helps facilitate healing in the short term. Fasting or pseudo-fasting helps regenerate white blood cells.

Quackery. Essentially this is starving yourself.

>6) Yoga/meditation - Increases mental health and has benefits for your heart, etc.

Actual exercise would be more effective.

>7) Psilocybin mushrooms

Again, not effective. High abuse potential. Drugs which actually treat depression exist. I'd also like to point out that tolerance increases rapidly for tryptamines. You couldn't take this daily.

>8) MDMA - Very effective at helping overcome PTSD.

Unpredictable effects. High abuse potential.

>9) LSD - One or two strong doses can help a lifelong alcoholic kick the habit for good.

No. It can't.
If you are physically addicted to alcohol and you take LSD you will trip and then alcohol withdrawals will kick in and possibly kill you.
>>
>>7729223
The problem with that chart is that it's bullshit.

Pineapples, mangoes, tomatoes, grapefruit, mushrooms, olives, peaches, bell pepper, cherries, wild rice, apricots, strawberries, bananas, avocados, green tea, lettuce, celery, peas, sweet potatoes, eggplant, green beans, beets, blueberries, pears, kiwifruit, melons, tangerines, figs, dates, papayas, spinach, broccoli, artichoke, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, lemon, lime, asparagus, kale, radish and collard greens.

ALL OF THESE ARE ACIDIC.
THEY HAVE A PH LESS THAN 7.
>>
>>7729378

>There are already drugs for all of its uses which are more effective, have fewer side effects and are easier to administer.
Weed is a fucking meme, I have no problem with people smoking it recreationally, but it is no miracle cure.

Lol, more effective and fewer side effects? Let's take pain relief for example. Which drugs are more effective and have fewer side effects? Because most of the NSAIDs increase your risk of stroke and heart attack, wreck your liver and hurt your kidneys. Cannabis does none of that. I can't even think of a single side effect and you can use it long term. Huh dur, who wants to get high to relieve pain, what if you have to be at work or drive a car - you can obtain relief with low THC strains.

Where are the rational people here? Did this thread get stuck in some filter where I'm just debated some paid corporate shills.
>>
>>7729389

Is this true?

“Well, isn’t lemon juice acidic too?” It’s actually true that if you took some pH paper and tested lemon juice it would test acid, but once the lemon juice is metabolized in the body, the inherent alkalizing mineral salts contained in the lemon juice (and the bicarbonates that it pulls into the blood during digestion) leaves a residue of alkaline ash in the bloodstream. Also because of their low sugar content, lemons and limes do not ferment in the blood.”
>>
>>7729390
>Which drugs are more effective and have fewer side effects? Because most of the NSAIDs increase your risk of stroke and heart attack, wreck your liver and hurt your kidneys.

They aren't dangerous when used properly.
The real problem is that because they're easy to obtain they're the go to drug for pretending to commit suicide for attention.
Also I have no sympathy for fuckwits trying to get high from codeine/paracetamol tablets and wrecking their livers.

If I remember correctly THC isn't very active orally. It's impractical to administer and has obviously high abuse potential. It impairs people too much to work and drive.

If you're worried about corporate shilling so much maybe you should remember that is one of the big driving forces for weed legalisation. Corporate shills will all try to make as much as they can off the weed startups as it gets legalized. Who can blame them for trying to make money off you chumps anyway?
>>
>>7729394
What you have quoted is not medically accurate at all. It is some nonsense conjured up by people who are literally shutting their eyes, putting their hands over their ears and shouting LEMONS ARE ALKALINE LEMONS ARE ALKALINE.
>>
>>7729394
>“Well, isn’t lemon juice acidic too?” It’s actually true that if you took some pH paper and tested lemon juice it would test acid, but once the lemon juice is metabolized in the body, the inherent alkalizing mineral salts contained in the lemon juice (and the bicarbonates that it pulls into the blood during digestion) leaves a residue of alkaline ash in the bloodstream. Also because of their low sugar content, lemons and limes do not ferment in the blood.”

>once the lemon juice is metabolized in the body, the inherent alkalizing mineral salts contained in the lemon juice (and the bicarbonates that it pulls into the blood during digestion) leaves a residue of alkaline ash in the bloodstream.
No. And even if this were true, then wouldn't every food be "alkaline."

>Also because of their low sugar content, lemons and limes do not ferment in the blood.”
There is no such thing.
>>
>>7729394
where do you even find this garbage
>sugar ferments in your blood
what the fuck? do you know how absolutely retarded this idea is?
>consuming lemon juice results in alkaline ash in the bloodstream
what the hell
this is so moronic i can barely tell if it's serious or a poor trolling attempt

again - PLEASE take a basic course on biochemistry. you'll learn a bunch of things, and the parts about human digestion, stomach acid and blood pH regulation by an elaborate bicarbonate buffer system will blow all the quackery you've been fed out of your head

>carbonated water is very acidic and bad for you!
>lemon juice is not :^)

this is so retarded it's not even funny
carbonated water is a solution of h2co3 in water. h2co3 is very unstable and quickly decomposes into h2o and co2. that's why drinking it makes you burp - all the co2 gas that is formed in your stomach wants out.

if you seriously believe that carbonic acid has some inherent negative acid effect on your body while citric acid does not then you are beyond retarded.
>>
>>7729414

>If you're worried about corporate shilling so much maybe you should remember that is one of the big driving forces for weed legalisation.

No, it's not. Economic factors are one of the main motives for cannabis being illegal to start with. Big pharma does not want legal weed. Of course if the public starts to make it legal and big pharma realizes it's unavoidable they will probably try to make money off it, but it is way more profitable to them to keep it illegal. This is because cannabis is actually a very effective medicine and a direct competitor to many drugs while also being cheap and unpatentable - 2 highly undesirable qualities if you're a drug manufacturer - it's simple economics.
>>
>>7729414

>It's impractical to administer and has obviously high abuse potential.

Impractical to administer? It takes one step of heating it with a fatty substance to make it bioavailable. Or it could be vaporized as is. The potential for abuse is actually quite low with cannabis not being physically addictive.
>>
So what's going on with this thread? New posts are not bumping it to the front page of /sci/. Who am I even talking to? The last handful of posts all seem like morons or corporate shills.
>>
test
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.