[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nigger dick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: SeCl63D.png (25KB, 428x304px) Image search: [Google]
SeCl63D.png
25KB, 428x304px
How the fuck is this shit even possible /g/? VSEPR theory and hybridization all seem like bullshit to me. Pic related.
>>
Single bonds sp3
Dubs sp2
Trips sp

Easy peasy
>>
electrons all have minus charges, so they hate each other and try to get as far away as possible from one another
We gotta account for this in our diagrams.
What's the matter, Chemistry 101 got your panties in a bunch?
>>
>>7722554
yes.
>>
>>7722547
>VSEPR
>Theory
Pick one
>>
>>7722579
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSEPR_theory
>>
What part do you think it's bullshit? don't say everything.
>>
>>7722547
Hybridization is bullshit. But it works and is easy to understand and apply. So why not use it (where possible)?
>>
VSEPR theory is much much easier to understand when you are able to actually build the molecular models of the molecules you're analyzing. Sulphur hexafluoride looks fucked to you now, but if you built it, even a kid can see that all those angles are 90 degrees.
>>
>>7722547
>VSEPR theory and hybridization all seem like bullshit
Well, that's because VESPR and hybridization ARE bullshit. Learn to physical chemistry. They are useful simplifications that are accurate within a certain set of parameters.
>>
>>7722547
>How the fuck is this shit even possible

It's using d orbitals for bonding.
>>
Ugh, I got an 86% in this class.
Aced two exams, got a B on two, 86 on the final. My coursework was just all around sporadic and mediocre too.
Vespr modeling was the easiest part. The fuck's your issue? Draw a lewis structure, count how many lone pairs there are on the central atom and count the other atoms. If you know what the shapes are, you'll know what you have for domain geometry.

To get the molecular shape for trigonal bipyramids, pluck lone pairs off of the "spokes," then from the axes. For octahedrons, pluck them off of the axes, then the spokes. If I have two lone pairs on an octahedron, my shape is square planar. If I have 1 lone pair on a trigonal bipyramid, it's a see-saw

>>7722594
I'd like to add that you should build them yourself, on your own time. There is absolutely no point in trying to figure something out while someone else is jabbering about what they think the right answer is.
Your college bookstore should have some cheap kits.
>>
>>7722630
This
>>
>>7722584
I meant it's obsolete babby tier bullshit taught to first-years you mongoloid
>>
>>7722594
i-it says right there the bonds are 90 degrees why would one need to build it?
>>
>>7722547
>2015
>still thinking octet rule governs chemistry
Underage b&
>>
VSEPR, hybridization, and even molecular orbital theory are just approximations that are very useful as explanations and for making predictions about simple systems, but they are just models, which can often lead to confusion as they don't seem to have any basis in reality. Just apply it for now, as it works.
>>
>>7722630
So does it end up obeying the 18 e- rule? Cause it only has 10 valence e- which seems like a pretty shitty species.
>>
>>7722553
What you just said only applies to carbon (or other atoms in that group) tho
>>
For a simple thing like MX6 or MX3Y3 (for example SeCl3F3) things, like octahedral species, just think geometrically. Don't get lost in the physical details like hybridization etc.

Six equal ligands? They'll go along the x/y/z axis because the ligands are all equal so everything will be a symmetry.

Replace one of the Cl's with a Br? Br is bigger, so the four Cl's next to it will be pushed away a little to make room for it. Easy reasoning. No hybridization nonsense.
>>
>>7722553
Holy fuck someone needs to witness that get teebeeaich
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.