[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Khan Academy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: salman-khan.jpg (39KB, 302x215px) Image search: [Google]
salman-khan.jpg
39KB, 302x215px
what are /sci/'s thoughts on this guy?
>>
i think khan academy is a pretty cool guy. eh teaches math to children and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
good vids better than cc professor
>>
Sites like khan academy and MOOCs like EDX make me still somewhat believe in the future.
>>
>>7719124

About as good as most of my actual shit math teachers. Honestly not too bad. Wish the non-math sections were more expanded.
>>
i hear that in the part of pakistan hes from they have designated teaching streets
>>
>>7719124
Sometimes watch his videos if I'm rusty on something. I like that he actually takes the time to explain how some things are derived instead of just throwing random equations at you.
>>
>>7719124
what the fuck I thought he was black or white, he doesn't sound like hes a pakistani
>>
He really needs to redo his videos on differential equations. Also wish he'd cover more advanced topics, but there are other sources for that I guess.
>>
>>7719328
His family is Bengali, but he has an American accent because that's where he was born and raised.
>>
>>7719124
Based Khan. Helped me understand first and second derivatives, but my brain couldn't handle the chain rules and I gave up. My failures in Calculus lead me to Stats which I enjoy, so it was a worthwhile experience.
>>
File: 1423052372562.png (68KB, 1606x935px) Image search: [Google]
1423052372562.png
68KB, 1606x935px
>>7719124
math is useful only if you say they are since math is social conventions and not saying this shows how hypocritical are rationalists
>>
Useless pseudo-intellectual faggot. If you are actually dumb enough to need any of his videos, you should just gas yourself
>>
>>7719403
have a reply

I know you're waiting for it :^)
>>
>>7719403
I'm giving you the (You).
>>
>>7719415
>>7719420
>i'm in high school
Sorry, but one day you'll be able to look down on 99% of faggots on this board by virtue of actually having a degree
>>
>>7719389
Implying stats is easier than calc I
>>
File: 1437422975707.jpg (14KB, 320x226px) Image search: [Google]
1437422975707.jpg
14KB, 320x226px
>>7719426
>>7719403
i haven't wew'd this hard in a while lad
>>
>>7719124
I think highly of the guy, he's a very capable educator, and is idea of educating anyone for free that wants it is apart of what makes the internet great
>>
Pretty great dude. Helped me a lot with maths and Chem. I think there are better options for some topics, such as Bozeman Science, but having so much content consolidated together is great.

Khan Academy is why the Internet is so great. I donate every year because I think what they are doing is very important.
>>
>>7719280
Kek'd
>>
>>7719124
I learned more math on Khan Academy in 2 months than I did in all of high school
>>
Pretty cool guy, does good shit. I even donate monthly to them.
>>
File: fuck_you.jpg (16KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you.jpg
16KB, 306x306px
>>7719546
>>7719751
>i donate
CONFIRMED FOR SHILL FUCKING THREAD CALLING IT RIGHT NOW
>>
>>7719403
>top kek
>>
>>7719778
Yeah, because fuck people who do good things for the world.
>>
>>7719328
>Khan Academy
>>
>>7719825
This. We need to work on dragging him down to our level, right away.
>>
>>7719125
that is one dank meme sir
>>
>>7719124
It can be neat to get a very basic understanding of a subject, like when you don't have a clue about what you're doing at the moment. But for courses I have at the moment the videos on the subjects are not very helpful since he just covers the basics.
>>
pretty cool guy. i think a lot of people should be thankful for the work he and his employees do. I would like to see more consolidation and updates to his math videos and expansion to other subjects, especially physics and chemistry.
>>
Can't watch his videos. Why does he repeat everything he says, word for word, about 5x before saying his next sentence?
>>
>>7720242

That's the American way. The burden of explaining everything, and I mean everything, in on the writer.
>>
File: loveanon.jpg (31KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
loveanon.jpg
31KB, 300x301px
>>7720254
> The burden of explaining everything, and I mean everything
Only if you're a brain dead pleb that can't figure out shit for himself.

If you are, then don't go into industry. Because the answers aren't always in the back of the book.
>>
>>7720288
Autist learn reading comprehension
>>
File: 694685653_tp.gif (476KB, 499x341px) Image search: [Google]
694685653_tp.gif
476KB, 499x341px
>>7720302
> learn reading comprehension
Learn problem solving and start to think for yourself.
>>
>>7720319
>boohoo why don't kids learn how to integrate for themselves it only took the humanity thousands of years to figure it out boooooohooooooooooooo
>>
>>7719125
Kek
>>
They're good, but really nothing special. Good website design, decently named varied topics, good server performance and good advertising more than anything
>>
>>7719403
>>7719426
You fuck. I bet you've achieved nothing more than 60% throughout your university career.
>>
>>7719124
>brown as a leather boot
>has a more neutral broadcast accent than I do
>>
>>7719748
This. Solid dude.
>>
>>7720799
accent comes from learning and enviornment, not ancestry. Same as culture, aesthetics, etc.
And according to this thread, hes an american, born in america, raised in america. Just has bengalese family.
>>
The system it uses is pretty fun to be honest.
>>
>>7719827
I just thought he really liked mortal kombat. Or maybe he was proud of his mongolian ascendency.
>>
>>7719124
His videos were nice to listen to in the background while I was building in Minecraft.
>>
>>7720857
Why black people from murrica sound weird?
>>
>>7721164
The blacks in america form a distinct subculture within the country.
They hang out mainly with other blacks and get raised in environments surrounded by other blacks. The schools they go to often have more blacks in them than other schools.
They see media depicting black people as acting and talking in certain ways and adopt that behavior the same way every child adopts what they perceive to be their role.
>>
>>7719124
I think he should take his poo to the loo
>>
>>7721169
Thats racist, how dare you impose your imperialist WHITE "toilets" on this poor victimized indian man. He will poo in his designated shitting streets just as his ancient ancestors, and all after them who practiced the time honored cultural tradition.
>>
>>7719124
Based god.
>>
hes a pretty big guy, for you...
>>
It sux.
>>
Better than a lot of the teachers in high school and community college. Honestly, if the parents have the time and resources to, pull your kids out of traditional schooling and teach them, Khan Academy being one of the resources. They also won't be subject to the bullying and boredom and intellectual neglect that happens in public schooling.
>>
My tuition is going to waste with the useless fucks that are most of my professors.
If there was an actual Khan Academy I'd love to go to it.
>>
>>7719403
>durr hurr people are stupid if they need videos to help them learn
>please don't ask me about my mirco cock, and failing grade point average in women studies
>don't ask I need to compensate my failure by role playing as a super genius on a Ugandan homosexual forum.
Here is your reply, faggot.
>>
You're better off learning math on your own. I've met too many useless engineering professors who can't teach worth a lick.
>>
His videos are good, but his material lacks in depth and practice. Also the student-teacher dialogue that's important for learning.

His videos make good supplements, but they are still far from being able to replace classroom education.
>>
>>7719154
You're sound like one of those people who thinks all teachers are bad but has never even considered the possibility that you might just be stupid
>>
>>7719124
He's great for math and sciences but it makes me wonder how a man so smart can be so terrible at languages and foreign names. In some old videos he made an excellent job of explaining Euler's identity, but he was pronouncing Euler as "youler" all the time.
>>
>>7719403

>MSc Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT
>pseudo-intellectual

>pick one
>>
>>7720242

hes talking while hes writing, so he doesnt move on until he's written what he's said. means the audio and what hes drawing are well synchronized and its easier to follow.
>>
>>7719748
>>7720815
Well when you go out of your way to learn something by specifically searching for videos on a topic and sitting down to watch them, you're much more likely to listen and understand than if you're told to learn like in high school. It's not the teachers' faults either, it's the stupid education systems' run by those so out-of-touch with those who actually go to a school 5 days a week.
>>
>>7724147

i actually find the way he explains things to be a lot more comprehensive

like if a teacher in class did exactly what he does but up on a whiteboard/blackboard i would get so much more out of lectures in general. hes really good.
>>
>>7719124
He looks like a dorky version of Ed Boon.
>>
>>7720931
kek'd
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.