[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Doesn't it just make you cringe a bit every time you hear some shit like "Physics is just applied philosophy." Lol, there are some weird niggas on this planet.
>>
>>7718778

This post makes me cringe, 2bh.
>>
Physics is poop kek
>>
>>7718778
physics is applied mathematics which is applied philosophy

so, they'd be right, but in that world you could say that biology is applied philosophy without being totally wrong so it really doesn't matter
>>
Science is the practice of the scientific method
The scientific method is a philisophical construct
Science is applied epistemology
Physics is applied epistemology
Physics is applied philosophy
Q.E.D, O.P
>>
>>7718778

who says this?
>>
Shitposting is applied autism
>>
>tfw you are a humanitiesfag at a top tier uni who studies the history of the epistemology of the natural sciences
>tfw STEM people rarely have any inkling how non-linear, relativistic, and culturally determined their epistemological regimes are
>tfw the best you can occasionally get out of them is some awareness of kuhn
>>
>>7718778
It makes me cringe every time I hear a physics student say full of smugness "I'm a physicists". Then you ask him something and he proceeds to "ehm, ehm" and give you some retarded pop-sci explantation.

So glad I study maths.
>>
File: yes.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>7718835
underrated post
>>
Anyone who says that has never taken a course in QFT. Probably the most "shut up and calculate" type of course I have taken. No philosophy what so ever.
>>
>>7718846
Knowing about the philosophy of science has basically no effect on the ability of scientists to make new discoveries. I don't even know what you mean by a "nonlinear, relativistic, and culturally determined epistemiological regime" or what it has to do with the apparently obvious idea of formulating theories to explain observed phenomena and checking them.
>>
File: charlemagne-hero-AB.jpg (95KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne-hero-AB.jpg
95KB, 334x250px
>>7718846
Those are plebs. The future STEM leaders are so IQ-endowed that they started having existential crises at age 6 and teenage years that could be most accurately summarized as an unbroken string of religious experiences and philosophical realizations. It goes without saying that they've read the important religious texts and started with the Greeks before graduating high school.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.