[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the use of DMT kill braincells?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Nootropics are recommended to NOT be used if previous history of weed or other drug use because the brain chemistry is altered nootropics such a noopept may not have their desired effect. Does DMT alter brain chemistry?

Ive never done drugs in my life, but reading about the trips of people on DMT sounded very similar to a dream i had when i was 5. (Falling through a worm hole with shortness of breath). Did i have a trip on natural DMT?
>>
doesnt you brain release chemicals similar to psychedelics while you sleep(during REM cycles)?
>>
>>7718756
I've never had any side effects from noopept.
>>
SLEEP KILLS BRAINS CELLS FACT DRUGS ARE BAD
>>
>I've been smoking weed on and off since 14 (among other drugs such as mdma, lsd, etc). When I started taking noopept I had all of the desired effects so not sure where you got your info from.

>DMT causes your body to release a dreaming chemical to your brain.

It releases in small amounts during sleep, and in massive amounts just before death (what scientists believe causes those crazy near death experiences). Taking DMT causes a similar large rush of this chemical and is an extremely intense experience. It's not very dangerous per se but as a drug virgin expect to go for a wild ride.
>>
>>7719166
I really need to try ayahuasca
>>
>>7718756
The time you're wasting with your degenerate habits is much more of a waste than any harm they might do anyway.

Stop throwing your life away, junkie faggot
>>
>>7718756
On a science and math board I really cant believe we're just going to brush over the use "DMT" like this...

So, DMT is a group that requires 2 substituents, taking the form n,n-DMT. Saying just DMT implies the h- group form of the molecule which you can smoke if it is freebase and lasts ~20 minutes.

4-aco-DMT is a close analog of the active ingredient in psilocybin mushrooms, which is 4-HO-DMT. Both are taken typically as a salt and last 4-5 hours at 20-30mg doses with baseline being achieved every 2 weeks. Freebases can be smoked. Positive hallucinations generally reported.

5-MEO-DMT is an extract from the back of hallucinogenic toads (or created synthetically). Similar to 4-aco functionally but respondents describe typical "bad trip" experiences involving ego death and unpleasant hallucinations.
>>
>>7718756

Yes but you can use alcohol to counteract the effects. Source: I saw it on House, M.D.
>>
>>7719166
DMT being released before death is not proven or supported by anything.
>>
>>7719236
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7718756
>nootropics are not recommended
By whom?
>>
>>7718756
> Nootropics are recommended to NOT be used if previous history of weed or other drug use because the brain chemistry is altered nootropics such a noopept may not have their desired effect.

Off the bat, already nonsensical bullshit

>Does DMT alter brain chemistry?
Yeah, for the duration of the drug's action (that's kind of how drugs work, by altering brain chemistry)

> Did i have a trip on natural DMT?
No, that was a dream
>>
Both cannabis in high concentrations and LSD do, so it's probably safe to say that DMT does too
>>
>Nootropics are recommended to NOT be used if previous history of weed or other drug use
Um, source?
I've done all kinds of drugs before, now just nootroopics. Can't really report any significant negative side-effects.
>>
>>7719166
You don't release DMT in your sleep, nor is it released upon death.
Nootropics like for instance piracetam are prescribed or dispensed in certain post addict states to aid in detox, for example during or after Benzodiazepine withdrawal. Post cannabis piracetam also helps normalize brain function.

DMT does not permanently alter brain chemistry in the long run, nor is it neurotoxic.
>>
>>7719245
dude awesome info, post more or post some resources
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.