[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: 2015-12-13 15.01.12.jpg (246KB, 1716x1134px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13 15.01.12.jpg
246KB, 1716x1134px
Can you solve this? Yes it is possible.
>>
>>7718294
Given enough time, sure, but right now I care more about getting drunk.
>>
>>7718318
What you drinking breh?
>>
Where do you find problems like this?
>>
>>7718358
I would like to know this also.
>>
>>7718358
This one's old as fuck, it has its own wiki page.

actually has a reasonably interesting answer so enjoy the process i won't spoil you guys
not op btw
>>
Seen it before, it's called the Hardest Logic Puzzle Ever (seriously) if anyone wants to look it up.
>>
>>7718358
The latest print issue of "Nautilus"
>>
Ask one the same question three times. If you get different results, then you know its the random one. Then, take a guess as to which the other two are. Your chances are slightly better than just guessing this way.
>>
>>7718387
>Each question must be put to exactly one god
>>
>>7718294
A: "If I asked you if B is Random, would you answer da?"
1) If he answers "da", ask C: "If I asked you if A is Random, would you answer da?"
1.a) If he answers "da", A is Random.
1.b) If he answers "ja", B is Random.
2) If he answers "ja", ask B: "If I asked you if A is Random, would you answer da?"
2.a) If he answers "da", A is Random.
2.b) If he answers "ja", C is Random.
After this, ask one of the non-Random gods: "If I asked you if you are True, would you answer da?". If he answers "da" he is True and the last one is False, otherwise he is False and the other one True.

I don't want to check the wiki before being sure to have solved it, is this right?
>>
>>7718389
I'm >>7718390, didn't notice that part. Guess I'll have to think more about it.
>>
>>7718294
you can't for sure determine the random one from one of the other. Since whatever your questions may be there is a chance the random god will answer as the True god or the False god would.

So the best you could ever come up with is something like:
This god is either True or Random
>>
>>7718403
It has a solution.
>>
>>7718403
never mind it's 1 question per god, not 3 question to 1
>>
First question is " does ja equal yes if and only if 2 plus 2 equals 4?"
>>
>>7718410
da
>>
What would Random answer to : am I an apple ?
Only random would give an answer.
>>
>>7718294
this is really hard..
>>
You ask A and B if C is Random then you ask C if they are telling the truth.
>>
>>7718595
Asked Q. RE:
A- da true
B- ja false
C- da random

A-da Random
B-ja True
C-da False

Doesnt work
>>
>>7718595
no go
>>7718452
It involves asking fairly loaded questions. A hint: each god knows the identity of the other gods.
>>
Ask A if the other two guys are random, then you ask B if A was the first god from whom you got the first answer, then you can ask C if A and B both answered the same thing.
>>
>gods
Stopped reading, reported, saged, hid the thread.
>>
>>7718294
Does this mean I have to ask all three questions to the same god?
>>
I would do something easy like. Am I holding up five fingers or some shit. I'll take my chances with the rando. He's bound to fuck up on it once.
>>
>>7718686
Wouldn't work
>>
>>7718294
1 Are you the god of Da?
>ja
If da means false then the false god has to say "no" in which case you know what one word means.

2 Are you the god of Ja?
>ja
if ja means truth the god of truth has to answer true so you know ja means true.
3 Does Ja mean the same thing as Da?
>ja
If truth means the same thing as false the true god will answer false and and false god will answer true so you will know what the two words mean and the random god is the left over variable
If Ja = truth
jaja=truth or random
else jada=false or random
>>
>>7718294
https://soundcloud.com/fecshrooms/696a
>>
>>7718670
>generic non-critical thinker complaint when confronted with difficulty
>>
>>7718294
The original riddle allows 3 questions total, ask them to any combo of gods you wish.
>>
>>7718294

To A: If I asked you "Is OP an engineer?", would you say ja?
> Ja, and I am the oracle of all knowledge, ja means yes, I am true, B is false, and C is random desu senpai.

then OP kneels down and sucks all three god's dicks simultaneously
>>
>>7718294
Ask god A:
>Will you give me a blowjob?
>he says da or ja
>drop your drawers, see if he proceeds to perform said blowjob
Ask B the same, do the same.
If neither have given you a blowjob, proceed to C.

If the first two did give you blowjobs, but gave different answers, just ask C if he enjoyed watching
>>
>>7719072
Exactly, if he did, he probably is a faggot and he is random because /b/ is filled with faggots.
>>
>>7718733
Only one question per god
>>
>>7719072
even if this worked you wouldn't know about if one of those dudes were random
>>
File: goat_tower.jpg (603KB, 922x1382px) Image search: [Google]
goat_tower.jpg
603KB, 922x1382px
>>7718389

Just replace "god" with "intelligent goat" or "guard" in the problem statement.
>>
>>7719205
that picture never gets old

Holy shit im just a 115 pleb

I know we have to ask two questions that can only be answered 'yes' by random, so that we can use the third one to decipher what ja/da means but I don't know how!
>>
>>7719259
am i at least right about what I said? give me that at least op!
>>
>>7718294
>>7718603

so what happens if I happen to ask the true or false god "will god x say na or da to [insert question], and god x happens to be the random one? do I get syntax error since they can't know what the random god will answer?
>>
>>7719374
They are gods, they can see to the future.
>>
>>7719427
well in that case...

1: to A: will B answer "da" to my question to him if da means yes?
2: to B: are an odd number of these statements true: ja means yes, you are false, C is random?
3: to C: is the answer to both above statements "yes" if da means yes?

I seriously cannot be fucked to write all that out but you can figure them out by looking at the disrepancies between answers and then crossing all the impossible ones out.
>>
Still no answer, this board is just stoner plebs
>>
>>7721134
>>7719613
>>
>>7718294
Wouldn't you never know for certain because there's a chance that you called C?
>>
You pagan heretics burn in hell there is only one God and His name is Allah
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.