[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do science explains the testimonials of magical healings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1437802192853.jpg (13KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1437802192853.jpg
13KB, 250x239px
how do science explains the testimonials of magical healings I see on christian TV?

I don't think 100% of them are completely BS, there must be at least some that can be considered magical I think.
>>
>I don't think 100% of them are completely BS

There's your explanation
>>
>>7714869
>I don't think 100% of them are completely BS

Why not?
>>
>>7714879
>>7714884
at least the catholic church make heavy studies before claiming is a miracle.

I dunno about protestant scum though.

there are some weird shit like the spain 1920 solar eclipse that was seen only in some town.
>>
>>7714869
Placebo effect
>>
>>7714869
The placebo effect can cause a wide range of physiological changes. Brains are acknowledged to have lot of top-down control over body functions that isn't neatly seperate from the conscious mind. However if a doctor gives you a sham treatment he's liable to get sued so they leave that to other people.
>>
>>7714869
>>7714893
If the results can't be reproduced under scientific conditions for a team of independent researchers, it's most likely bullshit. Also, notice how faith healers can "cure" blindness and paralysis but never regrow people's lost limbs, because that would be much harder to fake
>>
>>7714869
It's placebo effect.

Much like how giving sugar pills to someone with a stomach ache and calling it "medicine" will make them feel better, "faith healing" has a similar effect.

It is entirely psychological.
>>
>>7715036 here

Didn't see >>7714931
>>
>>7714869
>how do science explains
>supernatural event

Intervention by God/universe-programmer/universe-scientist is by definition not natural and not a subject for investigation by natural philosophy. All we can say is that we observe they don't follow the natural order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJu0oYvi-cY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ2yx9e-PyU

That said, Protestant faith healing powers are total bullshit.
>>
>>7715072
>>7715039
>>7715036
I started to use glasses since 22.
I'm 26 now.

would be entirely possible to cure my poor eyesight?

I suppose my eyes are phisically in good shape, I just see stuff blurry.
>>
>>7714869
fuck off with your reddit tier troll posts faggot.
>>
>>7714893
you mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
>>
>>7715786
yeah, that one.

seems like something pretty weird.
>>
>>7715036
Correction: it makes you more sensitive to minor improvements and more likely to see them as unusual.
>>
Normally they are convincing you that they cured a disease you didnt have.

I went to an evangelical church where a young girl with huge glasses stumbles up on the stage. The preacher "heals her eyesight" and she walks off stage fine after a twirly dance.

How on Earth was that girl allowed to suffer for 2 years at that church just so she could be healed on "bring your friends night" ?? No, she had been a fake and a terrible actress.
>>
>>7715786
>>7715790

what the fuck is it supposed to be

just seems like a very fancy light interference pattern

but no, it's gotta be mama maria again
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.