[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GCHQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gchq 2.png (21KB, 790x301px) Image search: [Google]
gchq 2.png
21KB, 790x301px
So, some of you may have seen the picross puzzle that GCHQ released. If you haven't, then I shall fill you in:
GCHQ has released a picross puzzle.

Anyway, I solved it because I'm not a dunce who's never seen a picross puzzle before. It's a QR code that links to www.gchq.gov.uk/puzz
Thus, we get to this question (pic related) because I'm a dunce who can't solve things like this very quickly.

Shall we do this together /sci/? We might as well see what they want to show us.
>>
>>7714759
Also, it's probably not STARLET, SAFFRON or TORRENT, since they each have one thing about them that's different from all the others.
>>
STARLET - has no double letters
SONNET - 6 letters instead of 7
SAFFRON - doesn't end in T
SHALLOT - ?
TORRENT - doesn't start with S
SUGGEST - ?
>>
>>7714771
SHALLOT has the double letters as its fourth and fifth characters, while the others have them as their third and fourth characters.
>>
I've made it to part 5. The answer to that one is SHALLOT.
STARLET is the only one without double letters.
SONNET is the only six-letter word.
SAFFRON is the only one that doesn't end in T.
TORRENT is the only one that doesn't start with S.
Can't remember what was different about SUGGEST, but it seemed to accept SHALLOT as the right answer.
>>
>>7714777
I think it's that SUGGEST is the only one with U in it, all the other letters in the other words are shared.

Damn it, I'm stuck on the next one now. I probably shouldn't be doing these while I should be sleeping.
>>
>>7714786
Or the Gs too.
Like I said, I need sleep.
>>
Question 1: already discussed
Question 2: Digits of pi represented as snooker balls
Question 3: Not certain about this one, possibly the only one with a repeating letter?
Question 4: The complete message spells "HAPPY CHRISTMAS"
Question 5: Jingle Bells in ASCII
Question 6: Santa's reindeer
>>
Part 3 (spoilers):

A: Palindrome
B: French numbers
C: Morse code
D: 1 = WASSAIL, 2 = ANTENNA 3 = STRINGY 4 = SEIZURE
>>
I've been using a forum of other nerds to get through to part 5, but holy shit I have no idea what to do from here (I didn't even know how to do some of the later ones, I just gave up on them) http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?9473-Let-s-become-british-spies-AKA-logic-puzzles-challenge

Part 5 here, redirected from the IP address given from 4 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/differentpuzzlebucket/part5.html
>>
>>7715534
I think I've solved the first two. Haven't had a proper look at the rest of them yet, although the word sudoku shouldn't be too difficult
>>
>>7715541
Yeah I have the answer for the second now I've looked at it for more than 2 seconds.
The Manifold Agreement one has something to do with films, but I haven't figured out what the dice numbers are for yet or how they connect.
>>
get on my level fags

http://www.gchq.gov.uk/58aa7ef96f3051b0/Pages/index.aspx
>>
STARLET - no immediately repeated consonant
SONNET - only four consonants
SAFFRON - ends with an N
SHALLOT - only one that starts with double consonant
TORRENT - starts with T
SUGGEST - herpaderp U
>>
SHALLOT - Not perfectly sure why SUGGEST is an odd one out, but this is the correct answer so whatever.
Yellow - Snooker balls, pi.
Shaka - The only one where a corresponding celebrity's surname is a phonetic letter, rather than first name.
#SGM - Semaphore, the man is standing on the wrong side of someone spelling out 'HAPPY CHRISTMAS'.
115 - Ascii, 'Jingle bells'.
B - Santa's reindeer.

Refer to >>7714816:
cub
zone
often
layered

The rest is just for fun if you don't feel like actually sending them in, and besides, they'll already have a winner if they were using this to recruit.
>>
>>7715865
Oh wait, forgot the numbers.
I can't remember what they were, but they weren't pure logic puzzles so I didn't find them as interesting.
>>
There must be two possibilities that are not "odd one out". If there was only one it would become itself an odd one out and thereby invalidate itself. I think SHALLOTT and SUGGEST are probably both correct. I haven't tried SUGGEST since SHALLOT has seen me through to the next level.

Nobody seems to know why SHAKA is the odd one out.

The answer to question 2 is blue (=5) not yellow as somebody has suggested
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.