[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had two sonic charges and dropped them underwater, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: explosion-land-water-2.jpg (13KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
explosion-land-water-2.jpg
13KB, 400x275px
If you had two sonic charges and dropped them underwater, and they went off simultaneously, how harmful could that be to something in the water? Not from /sci/, asking on behalf of /tg/. How would the size of the charge affect things? They aren't big charges, probably about the size of your standard bauble.
>>
what the fuck is a 'sonic charge'
>>
>>7714597
Some kind of small bomb that when it explodes emits a huge amount of noise, basically. Also called a seismic charge. Like I said, I'm from /tg/ and not /sci/, so I'm guessing stuff like this likely dwells entirely within the realm of fantasy. Basically a shockwave/pulse bomb.
>>
>>7714597
>Basically a shockwave/pulse bomb.
you mean a bomb?
>>
>>7714612
>a shockwave/pulse bomb
which is different from a normal bomb made from a high explosive material how exactly ?
also i could tell you from my military experience that high explosive bombs are loud , very loud.
>>
>>7714575
the fish would go deaf and no longer be able to talk to each other.
>>
>>7714575
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_factor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_explosion

size of the bomb isnt as important as the type of explosive used in it . but basically compared to an air explosion , water is much heavier and thus absorbs much more energy .
so the impulse it generates at a distance is much less then an air explosion .
>>
>>7714616
Okay, the DM begrudgingly agrees that this is most likely true. So, how would two small bombs going off next to each other underwater work? What effect would that cause? Would it be significantly worse than if they went off on land?
>>
>>7714632
>how would two small bombs going off next to each other underwater work
It would be worse than one bomb.
>What effect would that cause?
It would hit any underwater creature close to it pretty hard, possibly shattering eardrums and knocking the air out of your lungs. The object would be knocked back, and then dragged back toward where the bomb was.
>Would it be significantly worse than if they went off on land
Yes, a lot.
>>
come on OP, how close are your characters to those bombs and how fucked do you think you are?
>>
>>7714660
Miles away, the alchemist summoned a suicide squid as the delivery mechanism.
>>
>>7714662
nice, what are you trying to blow up? seems like the dm doesn't want your ploy to work as well as it might
>>
>>7714665
A leviathan thing, I think. Some kind of Cephalopod. It's a modified aboleth. It's currently ramming the ship we're on to try and capsize it. Unfortunately it had some kind of inertial shields or something, which meant those bombs did bugger all.
>>
>>7714575
Hello fellow /g/entooman :^)

I too come from /g/.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.