[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIME TRAVEL TO THE FUTURE POSSIBLE, HERES HOW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

If time travel is possible with relativity, what if we put a massive database far out in space away from earth's gravity or its revolution, and decelerated it as much as possible to where its almost stationary in space (possibly beyond our solar system) then we would be able to connect to it and view files from the future.

By doing so wouldn't we be able to transport data from the future through time? We put the server in a time irrelevant to earth and then upload all our knowledge to it and promise to do so for the next 100 years, then we would be able to connect to it and view uploads before they were uploaded.

Thought inspired by other anon thread:
>>7712647
>>
Very true. I remember one of Einsteins colleague and rival. Believed that in order to time travel one does not need to accelerate over the speed of light. We do that with motion, if relativity is respected. But one would have to be still as possible. Everything vibrates. so that is near impossible.
>>
>>7713467
Like in the movie interstellar where a few minutes on the water planet are hours on earth, a few minutes in the location of the server would be years on earth, but instead of traveling physically, we would transmit data through other means.
>>
>>7713446
Why not creating bigass mirror in the space then look with telescope?
we can see the past !
>>
>>7713446

I'm time travelling to the future as we speak, ask me anything.
>>
>>7713446
>stationary in space
Relative to what?
>>
>>7713539
You do realize that the reason for the time dilation in Interstellar was because of enormous gravity from the black hole. Someone please explain how we are going to build a giant data storage bank with a mass comparable to a black hole.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>7713446
>being able to physically connect with such a remote database

Even with any connection, the signals travel at the speed of light at best. both ways. any time difference is reversed on the return trip of the information. Like the Twin Paradox.

https://youtu.be/K6iMAjfz1k8?t=4m27s
https://youtu.be/ERgwVm9qWKA?t=4m31s

Also dispersion of the signal.

Am I trolled?
>>
>>7713885
It will house /pol/ so that it's density would begin at extreme.
>>
>>7713446
was typing all that shit really worth it OP ?. you're not even really trolling people .
>>
>>7713893

U was trolled.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.