[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Earth is shaped like a giant doughnut. Prove me wrong. Protip:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: toroidal_earth.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
toroidal_earth.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
The Earth is shaped like a giant doughnut. Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.
>>
>>7712485
It's true, when I look straight up I see the other side of the world.
>>
>>7712485

That mapping makes no sense, all the continents are repeated on the inside of the ring.
>>
>>7712531
>He hasn't visited the inner ring
>>
>>7712531
Those are the bizzaro versions.
>>
It works for final fantasy at least
>>
>>7712485
how do you account for the transit of venus across the sun's surface?

is earth the only toroidal object in the universe?
>>
>>7712554

There could be other toroidal planets but Venus and the sun are spheres.
>>
>>7712601
case 1: other planets are very small compared to the earth and revolve around the mini sun in the center of the toroid. They would have crashed into earth long ago and would not be observable

case 2: the planets we observe are outside of the earth-sun system and very far away to look so small

debunked by observed retrograde motion or are close enough that earth would be affected by their gravitation. what causes those far away planets to move?
>>
>>7712488
I like this meme
>>
>>7712485

If the earth were a giant donut the americans would have eaten it.
>>
>>7712485
if only it was anon, if only it was. That would make map projections a lot easier and representing position a lot easier. We wouldn't have to deal with bullshit like longitude lines converging to the same point.

Sure gravity would be fucked up and it would not be stable, but the ability to treat the earth like a cartesian grid has to at least be worth something.

Also, provided that there is no atmosphere(and a couple other ridiculous assumptions), you could theoretically have a moon orbiting through the ring
>>
>>7712485
Depends on your mood.
>>
File: toroidal planet 4.jpg (127KB, 640x360px)
toroidal planet 4.jpg
127KB, 640x360px
>>7713571
holy shit, it can exist! http://io9.com/what-would-the-earth-be-like-if-it-was-the-shape-of-a-d-1515700296

WE MUST MAKE THE EARTH TOROIDAL! I don't care if we have to burn all the fissiles in the solar system to do it, it needs to be done!
>>
>>7711351

This thread pretty much explains how that could be possible, it might help you in your studies

>>7711351
>>
>>7713588
Oops, didnt mean to post the link twice, sorry
>>
>>7713589
>sorry
Apology not accepted. You've ruined everything!
>>
yes because fuck gravity
>>
It sucks that they don't have flights between the inner and outer rings anymore. I'll never see my cousin again unless I try to cross arctic or antarctic ring on foot. :(
>>
>>7712544
>>7712545
i fuckin lold
>>
>>7712485
Penis
>>
>>7712531
>2015
>doesn't have summerhouse in inner ring
>>
The inner ring is a frozen wasteland.
>>
>>7712544
full of asians
>>
>>7714621
Kek
>>
>>7712485
we are here.. disproved.. the centrificle force would throw anything on the outside ring into space, inner ring we would be able to see the other side at night or during soler eclipse
>>
>>7712485
>Prove me wrong.

No. That demands too much of my waste-time.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.